Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How werid are those manual treadmills. Are they any good? They look crap and hundreds are for sale on e-bay. Do you just run and the belt starts. I bet they r hard 2 use.

ReputationRep:
    Probably bowls though it is a tight contest. I think they're both chronic and would rather watch just about any other sport including golf :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Are you talking about those tredmills without a motor? Just run on the spot instead :confused: Save you a bit of money too...

ReputationRep:
    Or just get recruited by the London Monarchs, although my understanding of the World League teams, is that there just for rejects from the NFL.

ReputationRep:
    oops they were replaced by the Berlin Thunder...

ReputationRep:
    Yes... Finland beat those arrogant Czechs at Hockey.

So, does that mean they're eliminated?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else love the curling? The men are ding really well and the women are almost there. I don't know why i like it so much but i have to watch. One of the few sports where we have a good chance of getting some medals.

ReputationRep:
    Curling isn't a sport :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    Yes... Finland beat those arrogant Czechs at Hockey.

So, does that mean they're eliminated?
    Nope, this is just the round-robin bit. It does put the Czechs in a weak position for the Semifinals, though. The Swiss beat the Canucks, too, which made my day. I just want the Slovaks to be set to sweep through to the gold medal game.

ReputationRep:
    Murray is into the final of the SAP Open against Hewitt! . Just watched the re-run of the semi against Roddick and it was a quality performance, winning 7-5 7-5. The serve was the key and it was much much better than in the Aussie Open and Auckland. But the all round game was good and breaking Roddick isnt easy especially when he's playing in front of his home crowd. He beat Fish, Wang and Soderling, who is a very good player, earlier in the week. I wont be able to watch the final though . I just wish I had Eurosport at uni. Come on Muzza

ReputationRep:
    Wow! What a performance by Murray! His first win against a top 10 player, and now he will play Hewitt. Come on Murray!!!

ReputationRep:
    If he wins he's British, if he loses he's Scottish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oblivious)
    If he wins he's British, if he loses he's Scottish.
    Murray was born in Dumblane, Scotland
    Scotland is an English county just north of Cumbria.

ReputationRep:
    Yap - just buy some running shoes, and for weather now - wolly hat and gloves and just run around your local park!

ReputationRep:
    The thing is I'm not doing this from stationary I start by slowly joggin 100m at about 16kmh and then sprint at 22kmh and finish at 600m the whole thing taking about 1min 5secs

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody watched the short track speed skating? The Koreans are so good at this sport, one minute a Korean skater is at the back and the next minute he's leading - just amazing.

ReputationRep:
    runnin on treadmills is ****! dusnt giv a true reflection of what ur capable of. also ****s ur joints up!

ReputationRep:
    Have you made this thread as a joke?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teenageclay)
    The thing is I'm not doing this from stationary I start by slowly joggin 100m at about 16kmh and then sprint at 22kmh and finish at 600m the whole thing taking about 1min 5secs
    As I said above, you'd have to be going faster than 22 km/h to cover 500m in the time you claim you can do it in. Just cut the crap mate and do the maths before you make another unrealistic claim, might make it slightly more credible...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shaby)
    have you been taking crack
    lol. dude, i think you're crazy suggesting inzamam is better than tendulkar. inzamam is an excellent batsman and he's had a great last 12 months or so but one purple patch hardly compensates for matches when his team needed him the most - e.g. wc 2003 he made a handful of runs when pakistan were in need. tendulkar man of the series.
    Tendulkar HAS won us matches. Singlehandedly dismantled aus in sharjah with consecutive centuries to win india the cup, don't know what you're on about him not winning us any matches ^o) and more recently he's been in good touch in the series that just finished as well. don't diminish his record just to elevate inzamam.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.