Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    e.g. wc 2003 he made a handful of runs when pakistan were in need. tendulkar man of the series.
    Good point - however Inzy's record in matches won is only 2nd best to Bradman (He averages something like 80 in the matches Pakistan has won), and 18 out of his 25 hundreds have come in wins.

ReputationRep:
    even as an indian i loved watching wasim akram bowling. i never thought he was scary tho coz he wasn't that tall so not as bouncy like say harmison. not saying harmison is fearsome tho...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biggie-n)
    even as an indian i loved watching wasim akram bowling. i never thought he was scary tho coz he wasn't that tall so not as bouncy like say harmison. not saying harmison is fearsome tho...
    I'm not sure of your definition of tall, Wasim Akram is 6'3''

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps then you could say he only plays well when there is reduced pressure, whereas tendulkar is known to be the only performing player for india, hence still fights his cause in a potentially losing situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    Perhaps then you could say he only plays well when there is reduced pressure, whereas tendulkar is known to be the only performing player for india, hence still fights his cause in a potentially losing situation.
    Considering how long Inzy has been carrying the Pakistani batting, I think that would be a tad unfair, and especially in the last 12 months or so when he has come in and almost singlehandedly won matches (3rd Test vs India, 2nd Test vs WI both last year).

Having said that, Tendulkar is a fine fine player and nothing should be taken away from him.

In all fairness, you'd have to say that over the years Pakistanis bowling has been better than India's and thats why Pakistan have won more matches...

ReputationRep:
    I think thats a fair assumption, yes...I would like to compare the records of the two against other major test playing countries - aus/nz/sa/eng/wi before passing judgement though, since sub-continent matches always tend to be a tad unrepresentitive of the true cricketing quality...

ReputationRep:
    I think Tendulkar's record in Australia is better because of the 2003 series when McGrath and Warne were not playing...and both of them have an ordinary record in SA (mid 30s). Interestingly, Tendulkar's average against Pakistan (when the two Ws were playing) was also quite average compared to his overall record.

ReputationRep:
    Unlucky pakistan....you lot just couldn't stand the might of India!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Scotto)

And if they're both as dull as each other, how come the former is mostly enjoyed by the ole folks.
    What a great thread!

theyt are both SOOOOOOOO boring....

why do the BBC persist in showing us every bloody boring match

ReputationRep:
    He's done brilliantly but it'll be a contrast of styles against Hewitt who'll be harder to break down.

He needs to control his anger more though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukguy86)
    Unlucky pakistan....you lot just couldn't stand the might of India!!
    It was fixed*jokes ! Well played India!:yy:

ReputationRep:
    I love watching short track! Of course, part of the fun of it is that things can change so quickly because people can pass or wipeout, which can change the results in the final seconds.

ReputationRep:
    Well I don't think I'll be running the 10k anytime soon.

Managed to entirely f**k up the ligaments in my ankle, can barely walk at the moment, let alone jog or run.

Am feeling majorly down about having to strap up my ankle and hobble around on crutches, I've not done anything active for a week and a half now and it is P*****G me right off. I hate it - I can literally feel the fat starting to creep up on me.

Any advice on how I can make this damn thing heal up faster? lol. D'ya think that swimming would be ok with a busted ankle? or cycling?

ReputationRep:
    fixed-yeh u'd say tht judging from paks body language when they walked out and their high dropout rate of top players!!

ReputationRep:
    nt tyson but ALI u gta get it right!

ReputationRep:
    Please Hewitt Win!

ReputationRep:
    http://mot**********/100greatest/ima...rs/jones-v.jpg - He was feared pretty much for his physical approach in football.

ReputationRep:
    Because the update has some annoyances associated with it - Vinnie Jones.

ReputationRep:
    haha

you could say the same thing about pele - one of the dirtiest players in his time (although that was because he was clearly the best player and everyone else tried to take him out rather than tackle him...)

ReputationRep:
    True. No idea who'd be the 10 most feared people in football today...probably Michael Essien will be in there because he'll try and break your leg. He needs to change, he's not playing for Wimbledon '93.

Apparently Alan Shearer is a pretty dirty player though I don't really notice it.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.