Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Break up in the 3rd set having taken the 2nd 6-2!

Get in Murray!

Beaten Roddick and now beating Hewitt! INcredible stuff!

Is it on now?! Damnation.

ReputationRep:
    Eurosport me thinx, he's lost his break in the 3rd =\

ReputationRep:
    ok i worked it our roughly if you went continous at 22km/hr it would take you a minumum of 81 sec to cover 500m.

proof: simple maths - t=d/v
    d = 0.5km
    v = 22km/hr = 0.36km/min = 0.0061km/sec

0.5/0.0061= 81.9sec

Therefore you are talking bs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teenageclay)
    Right today at the gym whilst warming up I did a short sprint for 500m and it took me inbetween 40-50 seconds and noone believes me and I don't get why.
    Well the 400m record is just over 43seconds so 500m in 40-50seconds is ridiculously fast, think theres something wrong with the machine you was using :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BexTait)
    Perhaps the lack of belief is something along the lines of top Olympic athlete's will do 100m in 10s, equating to 500m in 50s. Also to do that sort of time the treadmill will have to do something like 36km/h

Edit: even though you are not likely to have been going from a standing start os Olympians would, it still seems rather fast, especially as you probably wouldn't be able to maintain the same speed for the full distance...
    yip 36km/hr would just about do it lol, 22 pffftt nothing more than a brisk walk...

Hah, what a thriller!

Andy Murray: :king1:

ReputationRep:
    Woooooooooooo! Wat was the score in the tie break?

7-3 as far as I can remember.

ReputationRep:
    Niiice

Damn straight! There's going to be so much hype surrounding him come All England time, though.

ReputationRep:
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! IM sooo bloody happy . Apparently he played quality out there. Thought it could be over when he lost his 1st two match points but Hewitt did save them very well. Great stuff Muzza, top 50 now!!

There was one spectacular back-hand smash at a fairly crucial moment that sticks in my mind. Shades of Henman, almost.

ReputationRep:
    Wow! What a match! BBC missed out big time on not showing the match.
    Murray really impressed me with how he handled his nerves, and his shot making was really good. That lob is getting to be a good weapon too.

ReputationRep:
    I will be offline for I dont know how long. I had a breakin and haven't a computer at present. I am posting this from work. Please use the report function and behave yourselves. I will get to predictions asap when I am back online

Oh aye, there were a couple of lobs that were just pure class. They made a few of Hewitt's approach shots look downright amateurish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supersonic)
    yip 36km/hr would just about do it lol, 22 pffftt nothing more than a brisk walk...
    you must have some might long legs!!!

ReputationRep:
    I KNOW!!!

SOOOO ANNOYING!!! I WANT ICE HOCKEY!!!

Sorry for the caps...
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Shame I couldn't see any of his recent matches.

But great news. I never expected him to win.

What do you think about him being the British number one with a month? I think it's highly likely now.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.