The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

_EMMA_
yes, remember what happend in salt lake? when the 3 fell and the 4th and last one won, australia.

as for curling, i watch it. i'm begining to understand how it works and it is an interesting game.

Steven Bradbury. Classic moment, and now rivals the silly Yank in the Women's Snowboard Cross who decided to do a grab on the last jump when she was miles ahead, and fell over on landing, handing the race to a very shocked Swede !
Reply 9241
Bowls I think. Just because in Olympics, we do better in curling.
I know what is more boring...a person who cannot appreciate the excitement created in a bowls or curling match or a person who feels both are boring.

Don't you know that both bowls and curling are the best sports ever....maybe it's just me who thinks that as I feel they are the only sports I would actually be able to physically play without getting exhausted :smile:
Xenon
Bowls I think. Just because in Olympics, we do better in curling.

But bowls aren't an Olympic sport...but wait until the Commonwealths next month...the bowls competitions will probably be full of UK based pairs.
Reply 9244
game between Russians showed the real power of our squad, its Olympic Games, not Student Test-Match :P
Out of the womens curling :frown:. Some poor performances in there
oh ok then, he didn't look it. he was a bit of a 'skiddy' type of bowler wasn't he? fair enough tho 6'3 is tall...
I hadn't seen much curling before, but I watched the US vs. UK in the Olympics the other day and I thought it was really interesting. I'd like to try it myself, but there are no curling clubs near me :frown:
Reply 9248
noone believes u coz ur chattin our ur ass pal. thats ridiculas.

the 400m world record is owned by Michael Johnson form the USA and stands at 43.18 seconds. and i very VERY much doubt u will be able to outrun him as he also holds the 200m world record of 19.32 seconds.

if you are a runner or not it still is a pile of bull sh*t as far as im concerned. if you had ran Olympic qualifying times on a treadmill i would say it is becaus you are lifting your body higher than average which means you are doing less stepds but the belt of the treadmill is still spinning at a certain rate even tho you may not be.
Reply 9249
GOD
runnin on treadmills is ****! dusnt giv a true reflection of what ur capable of. also ****s ur joints up!

Thank GOD for that....
Reply 9250
Wow.

that was a pretty heated reply!
You're right he was more of a skiddy bowler...though Wasim is Wasim...

Waqar was the more hit-the-deck style of bowler.
Reply 9252
bizzy_khan
definitely Wasim Akram!

ditto
Shoaib Akhtar and Brett Lee when he's on one of those slightly-deranged pumped up missions to hurt someone with a cricket ball. He gets this angry, manic look which would make me **** myself as a batsman.
Hehe.
Reply 9255
Malcolm Marshall.
Devon Malcolm more like!
I'm not going to talk about really old players that I never saw, but I'd say some of the most fearsome bowlers in recent times have been Allan Donald (there was a series against England in 1998 where he was truly terrifying), Courtney Walsh & Curtly Ambrose, Waqar Younis and Wasim Akram. For a short time, Andrew Caddick was feared by a lot of teams... I remember in 2000 he absolutely tore West Indies apart. I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned him, but when he is fired up, I think Flintoff is one of the most lethal bowlers around... I think he's very underrated as a bowler. Shoaib's pace is truly terrifying, but he is so inconsistent that I don't think batsmen are ever that scared of him, they know that they will always be able to get a few runs off him.
Shoaib's pace is truly terrifying, but he is so inconsistent that I don't think batsmen are ever that scared of him, they know that they will always be able to get a few runs off him.

Injured rather than inconsistent...when he is fit enough, even the Aussies are hopping around.
What about Roy Gilchrist of West Indies?

Latest