Turn on thread page Beta

I can't see things panning out any other way. He has so few points to defend over the coming months that he's bound to overtake Henman. Mind you, I suspect Big Greg hasn't got many to defend either, so you never know.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by Pineappolis)
    I can't see things panning out any other way. He has so few points to defend over the coming months that he's bound to overtake Henman. Mind you, I suspect Big Greg hasn't got many to defend either, so you never know.
    Yep, I don't think his forst big points came until Queens and Wimbledon last year.

Not sure about Greg though...he seems not to have played nor won much for the last year or two but remained pretty constant in the rankings as far as I remember....

Aye, he had a very slow comeback following that drugs business. He's sitting just above Murray at the minute.

ReputationRep:
    I can hear Henman's teeth grinding from here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger Kirk)
    Yep, I don't think his forst big points came until Queens and Wimbledon last year.

Not sure about Greg though...he seems not to have played nor won much for the last year or two but remained pretty constant in the rankings as far as I remember....
    He won the Newport title again I think.

You could well be right come to think of it. Still, he's looking odds on to at least come close to a Wimbledon seeding.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by stratomaster)
    He won the Newport title again I think.
    Yep...wasn't that the title he won for the thrid time last year and the first time he won it it was his first ever title?

ReputationRep:
    yes, remember what happend in salt lake? when the 3 fell and the 4th and last one won, australia.

as for curling, i watch it. i'm begining to understand how it works and it is an interesting game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _EMMA_)
    yes, remember what happend in salt lake? when the 3 fell and the 4th and last one won, australia.

as for curling, i watch it. i'm begining to understand how it works and it is an interesting game.
    Steven Bradbury. Classic moment, and now rivals the silly Yank in the Women's Snowboard Cross who decided to do a grab on the last jump when she was miles ahead, and fell over on landing, handing the race to a very shocked Swede !

ReputationRep:
    Bowls I think. Just because in Olympics, we do better in curling.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    I know what is more boring...a person who cannot appreciate the excitement created in a bowls or curling match or a person who feels both are boring.

Don't you know that both bowls and curling are the best sports ever....maybe it's just me who thinks that as I feel they are the only sports I would actually be able to physically play without getting exhausted
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Bowls I think. Just because in Olympics, we do better in curling.
    But bowls aren't an Olympic sport...but wait until the Commonwealths next month...the bowls competitions will probably be full of UK based pairs.

ReputationRep:
    game between Russians showed the real power of our squad, its Olympic Games, not Student Test-Match :P

ReputationRep:
    Out of the womens curling . Some poor performances in there

ReputationRep:
    oh ok then, he didn't look it. he was a bit of a 'skiddy' type of bowler wasn't he? fair enough tho 6'3 is tall...

ReputationRep:
    I hadn't seen much curling before, but I watched the US vs. UK in the Olympics the other day and I thought it was really interesting. I'd like to try it myself, but there are no curling clubs near me

ReputationRep:
    noone believes u coz ur chattin our ur ass pal. thats ridiculas.

the 400m world record is owned by Michael Johnson form the USA and stands at 43.18 seconds. and i very VERY much doubt u will be able to outrun him as he also holds the 200m world record of 19.32 seconds.

if you are a runner or not it still is a pile of bull sh*t as far as im concerned. if you had ran Olympic qualifying times on a treadmill i would say it is becaus you are lifting your body higher than average which means you are doing less stepds but the belt of the treadmill is still spinning at a certain rate even tho you may not be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GOD)
    runnin on treadmills is ****! dusnt giv a true reflection of what ur capable of. also ****s ur joints up!
    Thank GOD for that....

ReputationRep:
    Wow.

that was a pretty heated reply!

ReputationRep:
    You're right he was more of a skiddy bowler...though Wasim is Wasim...

Waqar was the more hit-the-deck style of bowler.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.