Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    google for embroidery firms, there will be loads. Actually, there will be some in your town, too. And probably cheaper.

Don't go through the horsey places, they charge about £2 a letter!

ReputationRep:
    I know!! There is a local firm but it costs the earth. I had my intials on a show rug as a treat and they charged me £8 for it. There is one in Robinsons for £40 that includes 20 letters free on the coat with a sj badge

ReputationRep:
    Yeah well, I wasn't completely serious there. I used to be a huge ice-hockey fan and I cried my eyes out in 2001 when our team lost the finals in the World Championships. So I'd say the worst 'enemies' we could have against us in hockey is Sweden and the Czech Republic.

Anyway, of course I wish they had won but since the second place isn't that bad and it's our best placing in hockey games in olympics this far I think they did a great job there. It's no use to complain about them being losers or something like that. And everyone seems to take them as losers in Finland. :P It's always the same thing when they're second.

I understand the disappointment but after all, who whould have guessed they even get this far?

ReputationRep:
    THere is a company called something like the MuttsNuts Embroidary which are meant to be excellant but a quick google doesn't bring them up. I'll try and find its web adress for you.

ReputationRep:
    Tim made a good start to the Dubai tournament..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/4755526.stm

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, its sad but I love personalised kit

ReputationRep:
    I dont knw whats wrong with scousers these days but this is just unacceptable:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006090284,00.html

ReputationRep:
    Some Scousers. No need to tar an entire city with the same brush. Horrible as it is, it wasn't Liverpool collectively hurling racist abuse at him.

ReputationRep:
    Some scousers just give a bad name to their "beloved" city by doing this kind of stuff to britain's boxing hero

ReputationRep:
    Nothing to do with scousers, its something anyone across the uk would do, but yeh maybe scousers are a bit more rough than someone from chelski or surrey!

ReputationRep:
    Im sorry, but i dont believe anything that rag of a paper says about my beloved city. You are aware of course, racism is a widespread thing. Dont believe everything you read please. Seriously, its insulting to our race if you are so easily manipulated.

ReputationRep:
    A few worms crawling out of the woodwork , its not scousers though. They're horrible and happen to be scousers presumably. Why are the Sun articles so simplistic and short, further evidence to suggest the sun is for absolute idiots.

ReputationRep:
    amir khan, great boxer, shame hes a bit of a **** though.

ReputationRep:
    amir khan, great boxer, shame hes a bit of a **** though

ReputationRep:
    Yeah - he is a bit full of himself though
    But he has some reason to be

but yeah - its always some toss pots who ruin an image for the people from certain areas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salla)
    Yeah well, I wasn't completely serious there. I used to be a huge ice-hockey fan and I cried my eyes out in 2001 when our team lost the finals in the World Championships. So I'd say the worst 'enemies' we could have against us in hockey is Sweden and the Czech Republic.

Anyway, of course I wish they had won but since the second place isn't that bad and it's our best placing in hockey games in olympics this far I think they did a great job there. It's no use to complain about them being losers or something like that. And everyone seems to take them as losers in Finland. :P It's always the same thing when they're second.

I understand the disappointment but after all, who whould have guessed they even get this far?
    i thought the same about sweden. no one i talked to thought that they would go that far either.
    so you didn't celebrate/congratulate the hockey players when they came back to finland? a 2nd place is still good, and the teams they won over was also very good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salla)

You certainly achieved more than was expected of you by the pundits before the tournament. I think conceeding the goal immediately (10 seconds) from the start of the 3rd period was a huge blow having pulled it back to 2-2 5 minutes before the end of the 2nd.

You were unlucky, but they did have the bulk of territorial advantage late in the 3rd, when they have you penned in your own blue zone, especially at a time where you were trying to pull you netminder.

Still, sets up the World Championship in May very nicely, with one or two teams certainly under more pressure than you or Sweden to perform better than at the Olympic Tournament.

ReputationRep:
    He can beat them up anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expression)
    Still, sets up the World Championship in May very nicely, with one or two teams certainly under more pressure than you or Sweden to perform better than at the Olympic Tournament.

Well, the World Championships also depend on which NHL teams are going deep into the playoffs. If a lot of the Finns are battered from the playoffs, they may not do as well with a team whose players' didn't make the playoffs and were just resting for the previous month.

ReputationRep:
    Henson was a bit off the pace to say the least. Missing tackles.... ffs! Not making excuses, 'coz I didn't think we would win beofre the game started. Lost Gareth Thomas before game which was a massive blow, then Stephen Jones not far into game, and I knew it was over...

P.S. See Hensons new hair cut?!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.