Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    does any one know how much lessons are? and if the do special ones for adult beginners?

its something i've always fancied but never had the balls 2 try and im feeling adventerous!

ReputationRep:
    I think if jones had stayed on it would have made an awesome game - I've never rated him as a running fly half, but he certainly looked in awesome touch on sunday - he was consistently finding gaps.etc.etc.
    In comparison, henson was appaling - not just missing tackles, squandering posetion aswell. Just because he is a big name he shouldn't be included in the squad - he should have been rested for another game, got some more game time then come back.
    I think this also clears the debate about having him at fly half - he looked totally out of his depth...I hope robinson gets his place back on the bench now, or if you're looking for a utility back grab rhys williams....they would both do the job better.

and, yea - the new hair still looks crap, but its an improvement. What shocked me is that he's now indian by the looks of it...

ReputationRep:
    Italy will fancy their chances against a demoralised and rudderless welsh team now, esp. if stephen jones doesn't make it. Out-half options are generally laughable, really boils down to Henson/Robinson/Sweeney who are all as bad as each other imo. Forwards lack cohesion and drive, backs (without jones) have no cutting edge. Looks grim really.

ReputationRep:
    I miss Cindy :bawling:...Hope you are ok xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    So everyone who wins a tournament is a loser?
    i dislike him because hewitt has been my favourite tennis player for about 6 years.
    also, i consider him an extremely unskilled tennis player. i dont know why people rave about him being good when gasquet (who is younger than him) is far beyond what murray could hope to ever be. nadal, is ranked 2nd in the world and is of similar age.
    and people forget the fact that hewitt, agassi and many more were ranked the best in world when they were his age.

ReputationRep:
    He's raved about because he's British. If Nadal, Gasquet, or any of the top players at the moment were British, then you can rest assured that we'd be going even crazier than they are with him. Watching good tennis is one thing, but for me and for the majority of Brits, watching compatriots play is something else, especially when it involves winning things!

You've got to allow for the hype when you judge him, but he is the best thing that's happened to British tennis for a while.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antics)
    i dislike him because hewitt has been my favourite tennis player for about 6 years.
    also, i consider him an extremely unskilled tennis player. i dont know why people rave about him being good when gasquet (who is younger than him) is far beyond what murray could hope to ever be. nadal, is ranked 2nd in the world and is of similar age.
    and people forget the fact that hewitt, agassi and many more were ranked the best in world when they were his age.
    Get your facts right before posting your views.

Firstly Gasquet is a year older than him.
    Secondly Gasquet has lost 5 out of his last 7 matches and is really quite poor on hard courts.
    Thirdly Gasquet has some serious mental issues. Often gives up without showing any fight and gives the impression he doesnt even care if he loses 6-0 6-0. Murray has far better mental strength.
    Gasquet is one of my favourite players, he is class and has the potential to become the best in the world but Murray will be better than Gasquet's current level.
    Just because Hewitt, Agassi, Nadal are/were exceptional at his age doesnt mean Murray isnt good.
    Unskilled?????

Care to post anything decent?

ReputationRep:
    well if thats your attitude then fine, i didnt want to turn this into an argument, but you will lose

gasquet is far beyond murray in every way. apart from federer he is by far the best shot maker on the tour. he has charisma, and a skill i havent seen since the first time i saw hewitt play. gasquet has had some injuries lately and that is why he isnt playing as well. murray is extremely unskilled, what skill does he have? apart from hitting the ball across the net as much as possible and hoping for his opponant to make an error. he is also boring to watch and seems to be getting more and more arrogant by the day.
    im not saying because hewitt etc were better at his age doesnt make him good, im saying the fact that he wouldnt know a good passing shot if it hit him in the face makes him not good.

gasquet>>>>>>>>>>>>berdych>>>>>> >>nadal>>>>>>>>>>>>> infinity >>>>>>>>>>>> murray

ReputationRep:
    He's got an amazing lob, a killer backhand, and a consistency that has proved the undoing of several top players, and will do several more in the future. If you want the most entertaining players, then Henman's serve and volley style is more pleasing to the eye at times, but look where he is at the moment. Shot makers and match winners are two totally different categories, we can't all play like Roger Federer. If Andy Murray had no skill, he wouldn't be where he is, not liking his style is a different issue. And as for passing shots, did you see any of the Hewitt match?

ReputationRep:
    It'll be interesting if he can hold his rankign towards the middle and latter end of the season.. atm he has hardly no points to defend.

ReputationRep:
    what the **** do you think? look up there!

ReputationRep:
    well if thats your attitude then fine, i didnt want to turn this into an argument, but you will lose
    Dream on, ive already exposed loads of faults in your 1st post

gasquet is far beyond murray in every way.
    WRONG. Gasquet's mental strength is shocking, just gives up half the time. I watched his matches against Henman and Haas at the start of this year and he gave in. I know he injured his eblow/wrist and is clearly not back to 100% but that doesnt mean you turn up and show no fight. Murray on the other hand doesnt know when he is beaten and is better than Gasquet on this front. Murray is far more consistent as well.

apart from federer he is by far the best shot maker on the tour. he has charisma, and a skill i havent seen since the first time i saw hewitt play. gasquet has had some injuries lately and that is why he isnt playing as well.
    Would put Coria alongside Federer ahead of Gasquet but yes he is a phenominal shot maker.

murray is extremely unskilled, what skill does he have? apart from hitting the ball across the net as much as possible and hoping for his opponant to make an error. he is also boring to watch and seems to be getting more and more arrogant by the day..
    He has the skill to get the ball back in play and put the opponent on the back foot when he is in a losing position. That is his style, a counter puncher very similar to your favourite Hewitt and Nadal in many respects. I admit its not the greatest to watch but that doesnt mean he isnt skillful. Has an amazing return of serve already.
    Arrogant? Sorry can you show me some evidence. All the press have hyped him up and he has disagreed with them on every occassion, just setting realistic goals which so far he has met. I dont see arrogance in that.

gasquet>>>>>>>>>>>>berdych>>>>>> >>nadal>>>>>>>>>>>>> infinity >>>>>>>>>>>> murray
    Berdych has been very poor lately. I'm waiting for his to live up to his hype and play some of the tennis like he did when he won Zagreb last year.

Nadal is better than Gasquet and Berdych at this moment in time. Murray is better than Gasquet and Berdych on hard courts.

In terms of potential:
    1) Gasquet (IF he sorts out his mental problems)
    2) Murray
    3) Berdych

ReputationRep:
    well, i suppose i cant really argue with that
    seems to me i have found someone who actually understands tennis to discuss with
    anyway. my feelings were summed up in my earlier post, so, theres not really anymore i can say.

ReputationRep:
    what the **** do you think? look up there!
    Are you talking to me?

ReputationRep:
    it was supposed to be a joke!!!
    i meant it as hewitt being my fave player and murray beating hewitt so thats why i put that message saying i hate him. . . . . . .

ReputationRep:
    I remember watching an interview with Murray, and he didn't even seem that interested in tennis. I remember he kept saying how, 'Boxing was his favourite sport', and he was more interested in that! Didn't seem very charistmatic.

ReputationRep:
    Bit harsh. If you're referring to asking whether you'd seen the match, that is, as I can't see where you said you did.

Mundanities aside, my point was that even if Nadal, Gasquet et al are/have the potential to be better players, one, you can't blame people for getting behind Murray, and two, they're not totally unjustified in doing so.

ReputationRep:
    sorry, i feel like abit of a **** now. anyway, i completely understand, and yes, infact we should all be getting behind murray
    i suppose he is our only hope!

ReputationRep:
    I rate robinson more than the other 2 at 10, and then he's not bad at centre either...but none are a patch on jones...

ReputationRep:
    Lol yeah. My favourite player is still Henman though

I like Andy Murray, but his voice is deffinately up their with Sharapova's in the "most boring" stakes

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.