Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Pakistan are awesome at hockey, I believe. Don't know about India.

ReputationRep:
    its biological - black people have evolved naturally to have more red muscle (for explosive sports) such as sprinting and strength exercises. white people tend to have less red muscle and more white (endurance) so are weaker at such sports, although there are exceptions.

everyone has a mix of red and white muscle, the ratio determines what you are good at naturally.

ReputationRep:
    I realised this really should be in sport rather than H&R

ReputationRep:
    What a stupid thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by no1mohsin)
    Blacks are the superior and more advanced race - fact. Evolution says so. I agree with the poster who said that the black race as whole - their skeletons are more fitter and athletic than whites.
    How racist of you :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i think like someone mentioned earlier its about where they come from, and the blacks have had ancesisters who came from the mountainous regions where oxgen levels are low therefore the chest and lungs grow bigger.

they have been lucky to get oppertunity in sports from other rich developed countrys, cos i have seen huge big monsters in afganistan and north pakistan region who also live in mountainous regions especially the pathans. unfortunatly these people are ignored, even in pakistan. its just the region where you come from which determines how strong you are.

its the main reason why they are usally good at sports which require power and strength thats why nearly all the time the heavyweight champion in boxing is always a black.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by stratomaster)
    They're not better than white people at sports but they're more successful in track athletics because they have higher endurance... which they've inherited from past generations who endured more 'hardship' compared to their western counterparts.
    So, they are not better, yet they are better as they are more successful...make your mind up.

Anything which means people have a natural advantage and can be naturally more successful means they are better does it not? In sport if people can perform better (without artificial help) it means they are better at the sport.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shaby)
    i think like someone mentioned earlier its about where they come from, and the blacks have had ancesisters who came from the mountainous regions where oxgen levels are low therefore the chest and lungs grow bigger.
    This isn't the case, otherwise sherpas would be the worlds top sprinters, and they quite clearly are not.

its the main reason why they are usally good at sports which require power and strength thats why nearly all the time the heavyweight champion in boxing is always a black.
    But, in comparison, powerlifting is a white dominated sport.

ReputationRep:
    Some groups living at high altitude have evolved faster breathing rather than higher capacity, which doesn't give such an advantage in a race. I'm not sure which evolutionary path the Sherpas have followed though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger Kirk)
    Since when were Kenya and Ethiopia European countries?
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    they have thicker skin, so they can endure a little bit more pain, which makes them good at boxing.

I would have thought they would be good at winter sports like skiing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john williams)
    Nothing to do with scousers, its something anyone across the uk would do, but yeh maybe scousers are a bit more rough than someone from chelski or surrey!
    yea alright, tell that to the chelsea headhunters.

ReputationRep:
    amir khan aint that great, hes a skinny little ****. Needs to pove himself against someone of the same calibre.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unique2)
    they have thicker skin, so they can endure a little bit more pain, which makes them good at boxing.

Why...? There's not much snow in the deserts of Africa! :p:

ReputationRep:
    racism is high in liverpool.

im sure khan would have knocked all there heads off.

ReputationRep:
    i think its horrible, but Scousers cant all be blamed as it was probably one or two not the whole city and as beekeeper said, The sun is hardly the most reliable newspaper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shaby)

very much doubt it, i know blokes that could probably knock khan out. Big ****ers, they would just hold his arms down and nut him to death, khans still young, needs to beef up.

ReputationRep:
    i think people are jealous of his achievements
    seems like they got aggressive because they lost.
    tut tut

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shaby)

Thats a bit of a wild statement dont you think. Have you got any evidence for this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unique2)

I hope this is sarcasm

Anyway, Nike tried this - they got Kenyan long distance runners and trained them as cross country skiers, one of them failed to qualify, the others performed abysmally.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.