Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    31 for me

69 is just asking for trouble

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maya)
    Was it like this?: http://www.giant-bicycle.com/uk/030....sp?model=10260
    Yeah! Thanks! The one I saw was a bit different but DEFINITELY that sort of thing! Aw man, that one has flower shaped pedals though...

ReputationRep:
    no i have no disrespect for Noon, i think he just had a bad game. I support Ireland myself.

Not heard anything on Marcus Horan so i hope he ok. his injury last week was looked pretty bad.

(Original post by shaby)
    it depends on which sports.

football is dominated by whites
    cricket is dominated by asians
    basketball is dominated by blacks
    hockey is dominated by asians/whites
    rugby is dominated by white/black
    Football is dominated by blacks as well as whites, with the main example being South American (well, do you call them black?)

Cricket is dominated by asians? Hmmmm, and whites, AUSTRALIA... very dominant in cricket, you have overlooked that too.

I'd say rugby is more white then black too... but basketball and hockey I agree with.

I'm not a fan of the genetic debates, I think it's just the main culture e.g. India/Pakistan suck at football but are good at cricket... Holland are the reverse. It's just where the priorities of the country lie. The black people in my college spend a lot of time on the baskeball court whilst the white people play cricket or football...

(Original post by unique2)
    they have thicker skin, so they can endure a little bit more pain, which makes them good at boxing.
    Is this a joke? When you get a heavyweight boxer throwing his fist into your face I don't think you're thanking God for those few extra skin cells which take all the pain away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    Yes - I am aware of this, hence my largely incredulous response

The majority of 100m sprinters dont breathe during a race, donchaknow...dont think paula radcliffe would cope so well though.

Paula would not cope as well as her body is not built to sprint but to run long distances such as Marathons and for her to train at 100mpw+ then she would be crap at sprinting its just common sense.

on a world Stage in Athletics there is a higher proportion of Blacks up there than whites.
    Sprinting - they have more fast twitch fibreds.
    Distances - they have a higher percentage of red blood cells due to living at altitude so the body produces more red blood cells naturally, this is why cyclists buy and live in altitude tents, i myself was going to do this last year but think i may have to wait till next cross country season starts and sleep in it every night to produce more red blood cells and hey who knows maybe i coulod compete with the Kenyans, Ethiopians and guys from Qatar (who have basically just been bought from Kenya or Ethiopia, mainly Kenya tho).

also the Kenyans and Ethiopians are more determined than the Europeans as they live a poor quality of life unless they come back having produced the goods then they become heroes/ heroines.

(Original post by Helenia)
    Pakistan are awesome at hockey, I believe. Don't know about India.
    Yup, hockey is the asian sport.

East asians are best at badmington/table tennis...
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by GOD)
    Paula would not cope as well as her body is not built to sprint but to run long distances such as Marathons and for her to train at 100mpw+ then she would be crap at sprinting its just common sense.
    Wasn't the point more that Paula Radcliffe wouldn't cope so well no breathing during her marathons? Going over 2 hours without breathing isn't good for anyone.....

ReputationRep:
    WWE was great during 2003/2004. Kane removed his mask and went physco, burning, torturing and electricuting people. Evolution on Raw, Undertaker burying his best friend paul bearer and wrestlemania 2004 was just one heck of an event. BRILLIANT!

But now wwe has gone crap and boring. How did rey mysterio win the royal rumble? huh?

ReputationRep:
    My fave wresler is Jeff Hardy, of cousre hes been part of both shows so most ppl will know him...

ReputationRep:
    tennis news!!!!!

seems like lleyton has finally found some form after a dip this past year reaching the finals of las vegas. depending on who wins out of blake (hopefully) and karlovic, it should be a good final
    i think the hard work and schedule took its toll on murray.

in other news:::: i started my spring tennis season with a loss on friday 6-1 5-7 6-4 2-6 6-3. hopefully ill perform better on wednesday

ReputationRep:
    I reckon she could still beat a fair few people in a sprint though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMonkey)
    Hiya. I love cycling! The Specialized Allez is a good bike for training on and it doesn't cost too much either. Its good to start slowly and progress then maybe join a club, sometimes riding with a group can be very fun. Its good becuase theres sooo many disciplines you can take part in, in the winter you can escape the rain and snow and ride at the velodrome, theres no hills either
    http://www.roadcyclinguk.com
    http://www.cycle1st.co.uk/links/
    http://www.parker-international.co.uk
    hi

what cycling discipline do you enjoy? I like tourning & racing (only in the summer mind :p: )
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by Apagg)
    I reckon she could still beat a fair few people in a sprint though
    She would be able to beat me if she is still able to run anywhere near her PB at 400m (58.6 seconds). I think mine would be well on the way to two minutes....

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else here play tennis?

Random question but, does David Lloyd leisure string tennis rackets?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    not that into it watched first one but it is no where near as good as F1 i dont think

ReputationRep:
    Dave "Devilfish" Ulliott

:evil:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stratomaster)
    Does anyone else here play tennis?

Random question but, does David Lloyd leisure string tennis rackets?

Why is Murray getting abuse? He's a world-class tennis player NOW, he's won a very recent title beating excellent competition along the way, hewitt, roddick et al...it's not been long at all since he first emerged onto the pro scene and into real public domain and into public consciousness. There's either some real tennis 'noobs' posting in this thread, either that and/or some character assassination tactics being employed - maybe some nationalistic swayings goin on. So....he has a personality, he's rebellious it seems, he can play the media with all apparent ease, and he's scottish... hehe big deal ok. The boy can play, his central talent, innate or constructed, is his fearlessness and his "never say die" mentality...maybe he doesnt possess 'beautiful shotmaking', whatever subjective definition you peeps wish to employ with that, but to diss him in this early stage of his career is severely lame. Some members posting here seem tennis nooberish to me whilst thankfully there are some voices of reason, hence sanity and realism....

Nb: Strato

not sure whether some people posting on this thread will ever have picked up a tennis racket in their lives, maybe a wooden one dating back 10-20 yrs ago which was the last time they 'played' tennis - i'm pretty sure David Lloyd Centres do service that kind of thing, although i have never been a member of a DLC i used to be a member of a county tennis squad and played there weekly... the place did have a shop and a racket stringing service...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zweig)
    hi

what cycling discipline do you enjoy? I like tourning & racing (only in the summer mind :p: )
    Hey
    I like road but my favourite discipline is track

ReputationRep:
    2-6 6-4 6-4 to win the Dubai Open yesterday evening. =)

3rd time he's beaten Federer in their last 4 meetings and he'd only just got back from injury aswell.

Wish I could have watched it.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.