Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Archery's boring, you just learn one movement, and then spend all the time refining the sight on your bow.

ReputationRep:
    Erm...I think your theory is quite flawed - as a per populus basis I'm sure eastern asians aren't significantly more gifted at mathematics, but consdiering they represent a greater proportion of the global population, the total number is higher.

ReputationRep:
    what about sheridan eh, how the mighty have fallen

ReputationRep:
    Stevens and white are a better scrummaging pairing...he's inexperienced as a prop, and hence they are calling up their first team for the game against france, as loss would almost certainly mean they wouldn't win the championship.

Sheridan is a player in development, and will hopefully develop into a beast-like scrummager in the shoes of phil vickery.

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I started this thread and in case anyone wants to know i chose climbing which is b****y brilliant! Love every minute of it. Im indoors at the momet but im hoping once im more competent to go outside and do some lead climbing!

I highly recommend climbing to anyone!

ReputationRep:
    I reckon Scotland caught them on a bad day.

Lets see Dallaglio and Daws start, Ellis has got to go, for now he is not up to International speed, He never has been!

ReputationRep:
    He doesn't play anymore but Vinnie Jones is pretty scary. I wouldn't get between him and a car door!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    Erm...I think your theory is quite flawed - as a per populus basis I'm sure eastern asians aren't significantly more gifted at mathematics, but consdiering they represent a greater proportion of the global population, the total number is higher.
    Actually it is scientifically proven that East Asian people are better at mathemathics. All races are not identical i don't know why people cannot just admit this, it is not racist but we have all evolved in different areas in the world and so are slightly different. It is only racist to discrinate against people for these differences.

ReputationRep:
    Havent read this thread so this probably has already been mentioned, but apparently its to do with bone density. Black people have denser bones, which makes them ideal for running which requires the muscles, but slower at sports like Swimming.

ReputationRep:
    I used to Fence but gave up when my fencing partner decided my groine was the best target area

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering where it is possible to buy England Polo Cub Shirts and merchandise? I'm referring to the form on horseback, as opposed to it's watery counterpart! There doesn't seem to be much information on them, will therefore be very grateful (plus extremely impressed!) if anyone can provide me with a little help on this matter. Thanks in advance x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard)
    Mr Colin, are you a tennis noob then?
    define 'noob'?!? I'm :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nhdb13)
    Archery's boring, you just learn one movement, and then spend all the time refining the sight on your bow.
    i still think archery is great in its own way....maybe not as stimulating as fencing, but its got its own taste of skill that not a lot of ppl have

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aronl)
    Actually it is scientifically proven that East Asian people are better at mathemathics. All races are not identical i don't know why people cannot just admit this, it is not racist but we have all evolved in different areas in the world and so are slightly different. It is only racist to discrinate against people for these differences.
    hmm...agreed. and i still think that because of this, they are generally better at reaction sports..there must be a reason tho...if , like a lot of ppl sed, black ppl are good at running, etc cos they have higher bone density, etc....then eastern asian must have sumthing the others don't that make them good at and dominate reaction sports like badminton and table tennis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark_KK)
    What has happened to Hull :rolleyes:

Dragons are stuffed without Jones.

Bradford are going well to say many people had them down as a transitional season.
    I have no idea what is going on at Hull we have just seemed to lose the plot a bit over the last couple of weeks but hopefully its just a hiccup and we'll pull out a big performance tonight. Im not even bothered if we win i just think we need to produce a good performance to get our season back on track. I think the Dragons will really suffer now theyve lost Jones as they have lost all of their direction. The saints are looking pretty unstoppable, until their annual thrashing at the KC though!!!

ReputationRep:
    the ODI between south africa and australia, will it finish today? do they keep playing with floodlights and stuff when it goes dark?

ReputationRep:
    Yes they will

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrColin)
    Why should we get behind him? what make you support him? that annoying player with nothing intriging in his game?

Just because he perhaps shares the same nationality as yourself does not mean you have to support a player.
    He's annoying as a player and/or as a personality? How is he annoying as a tennis player? If i considered someone as an 'annoying' player, if would be in a positive description of the reality, it'd be a player of the likes of Hewitt or Davydenko...who run and chase down every ball - annoying the c rap out of the opposition in the process.

Nothing intriguing in his game? What makes his game not entertaining/interesting...i'd personally be very much intrigued in someones game if it was a game that could defeat Hewitt, Roddick and other top players.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chewwy)
    the ODI between south africa and australia, will it finish today? do they keep playing with floodlights and stuff when it goes dark?
    :eek: Of course they do! unless it rains etc:toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    he's playing davydenko later i think, not sure how he will hold up against him.
    davydenko shows quite a consistent form, possibly be too strong for murray

what do you all reckon?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.