Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
wales do us a favour and beat the french please
Libly Bee
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
OMG!! that was awful i could hardly watch - i referee and coach 8 year olds and they can hold a defensive line and pass the ball without dropping it for a longer amount of time than England!!! Absolutly disgraceful, shocking - i can't find a word strong enough to describe it!!
bikerx23
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
But, colly, that would mean you have to beat us...its a tough call to make.

to be honest though - I cant see wales beating france under any predictable circumstances...
Libly Bee
Report 13 years ago
hey i'm a ref and advantage happens when say one team knocks it on but the opposition pick it up - advantage is played as it keeps the game flowing as the side already have the ball so there is no point in stopping them for a scrum. Advantage does not have to be played its up to the ref whether they do it or not - i do but i'v met refs who don't seem to use it at all.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Also advantage is up if they then lose the ball, even if it was voluntarily, having not progressed 10 yards/metres forward IIRC.
Colly
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Also advantage is up if they then lose the ball, even if it was voluntarily, having not progressed 10 yards/metres forward IIRC.
dont think theres a definitive distance the team has to progress (ie 10m) rather i think its up to the ref to decide when the team has made enough ground to constitute advantage being over.
ElWilson
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
If you lose the ball - the advantage is stopped, and the penalty is played. If you kick it, and it is not immedietly caught - advantage is stopped, and a penalty is played. If you advance the pitch 10 meters, advantage is ended.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I wondered about that. Too much subjectivity can cause problems.
Colly
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
predictable circumstances, like scotland being england and france, wales drawing at home to italy? If theres one thing this 6N has not been its predictable.
Plus I fancy Ireland to beat England, they said they would bounce back againt France after Scotland, didnt happen. I think morale is low in the camp and it will only get worse with recriminations flying around. Corry/Dayglo needs to be sorted out sharpish.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Colly)
predictable circumstances, like scotland being england and france, wales drawing at home to italy? If theres one thing this 6N has not been its predictable.
But then you say:

(Original post by Colly)
Plus I fancy Ireland to beat England, they said they would bounce back againt France after Scotland, didnt happen.
:rolleyes:
Colly
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ElWilson)
If you lose the ball - the advantage is stopped, and the penalty is played. If you kick it, and it is not immedietly caught - advantage is stopped, and a penalty is played. If you advance the pitch 10 meters, advantage is ended.
thats not true. If you kick and it finds a decent touch the ref will often decide that advantage has been played. and plus i dont think its as set as a 10m advance.

EDIT: thought this might be useful, its from the international referee Nigel Owens:

"Seriously, the advantage law is a pretty awkward one to get consistency on, as it is up to the individual referee whether he thinks advantage is over or not.

If the ref thinks a side has a clear opportunity to take advantage, but they make a mistake or misjudge a kick when under no pressure to do so, then he may call advantage over.

I can see your point, but I look at advantage by remembering these three principles.

Don't put the non-offending side under pressure to take advantage.

If they have a clear opportunity to take advantage but fail to do so by their own wrongdoing then advantage should be over.

Do not give a side two bites of the cherry to score - ie, if you don't score, no matter what happens I will bring you back for the penalty."
Colly
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
im not making a prediction, just hoping
bikerx23
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I dont think Corry-Dayglo is an issue - You saw dallaglio coming on for worsley today and that worked well in my opinion - everyone seems to think that since the two play no. 8 for their prospective clubs they must play their for their country - Lewsey and Cohen play centre for theirs, and that is a greater variation in requirements.

I still think England will beat Ireland.
Rock Fan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Tonight its on sky sports 3 again from Laguna Seca in Calafornia.
Libly Bee
Report 13 years ago
Cohen and Lewsey play wing not centre
bikerx23
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
They both play centre for their clubs, or atleast have done so with some frequency, I think you'll find.
Colly
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
they've played at centre quite a bit yea, although Cohen hasn't of late due to the emergence of Jon Clarke at 13 for Northampton. Backs are generally a bit more interchangable than forwards though.
bikerx23
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I would agree, if we weren't talking about back row forwards, and considering both corry and dallaglio have played at 6 and 8, this is not necessarily a conflict.
I know Joe Worsley does a lot of work on the floor, but I personally do not rate him as highly as many - the work he does isn't as good as others in that position (e.g., if you were going for someone to primarily work on the floor, Magnus Lund would be preferable), but both corry and dallaglio do this as well as him and are better ball carriers - I can see why Robinson doesn't want to break apart the pre-dallaglio trio though...the media pressure on him isn't helping at all - I know Woodward never had this.
white_haired_wizard
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Murray LOST to Davdenko 6-1 3-6 6-3

I'd predicted (albeit) to myself he'd lose in 3 sets...
Fusion
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
its too early for him to fight a credible opponent so its just a pro match win stat for him
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.8%
No - but I will (102)
7.68%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.85%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (633)
47.67%

Watched Threads