Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ah well done. Who do you fancy for Friday then and the gold cup. My parents and sister are down there a lot of the week (so jealous!!). Its the one thing they always make it to in the racing calender.

ReputationRep:
    MrK I looked at the tip on that website you mentioned and had a flutter on a few that were on there, I have to say I did very well out of it, I put on £15 in total and made £70 back, not a bad profit.

I won on Noland & Dun Doire.

That site you mentioned had great tips on there.

Going back to the discussion on who will win the gold cup on Friday, I have to say I am going to back Kingscliff (unless the weather changes).

You got to love horse racing!!

ReputationRep:
    Calling all Aussies Who else is looking forward to hours of watching us score medal after gold medal in the swimming...

competing against countries some of us haven't even heard of, that prolly don't even have a pool, woohoo!!! :laugh:

Aww life can be so unfair.

Let the games begin :cool:

DB_XxX

ReputationRep:
    Cancelled due to Danny Williams & Scott Harrisons injuries.
    Amir won't be fighting again until July

ReputationRep:
    Ahh those mind numbing hours...

Oh and who else saw the Rogue Traders perform live on Sunrise this morning??

ReputationRep:
    YAY! Athletics how fun! lots of people running and throwing objects what a pay day for former athletes....and a waste of tv......

that just the track and field the other event are different

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZanyZanny)
    i like the idea of 69 it would be amusing
    If you were you local chav or commoner then yes....

ReputationRep:
    Developing stamina is simply a matter of running.

And running. And running more.

Try jogging during the week - perhaps integrating interval training, dashing and then slowing, and vice versa. To really tax yourself, mix in running backwards, from side to side, while alternately slowing, dashing, and stopping altogether randomly, before dashing once more. Quite strenuous.

I would also recommend, as odd as it might sound, a skipping rope. There’s a reason that professional boxers, who can actively perform to their maximum potential over thirty-six minute, 12 round long fights use it as a staple in their regime. Not only does it increase stamina, it makes you lighter on your feet (perhaps speeding you up for that beep test/running generally), co-ordination, etc.

To shed those extra pounds, do as I've said above, which will certainly increase stamina. If the fat doesn't shed as well as you would like, I advise mixing the exercise with a good diet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr. Fox)
    Four 10 minute quarters in international games (40 mins), and four 12 minute quarters in NBA and NCAA games (48 mins).
    NCAA games are actually made up of two 20 minutes halves

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrColin)
    YAY! Athletics how fun! lots of people running and throwing objects what a pay day for former athletes....and a waste of tv......

that just the track and field the other event are different
    Better than 90% of the rest of stuff which is shown on tv these days

Yeah it should be good. Shame ive got loads of work on at the moment, and wont be able to watch all of it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Yeah it should be good. Shame ive got loads of work on at the moment, and wont be able to watch all of it
    Uh, yeah same Yep, lots of coursework and I've got a few exams myself coming up in April

Good to see at least some people on here getting into the spirits of things, unlike others *cough*MrColin*cough*

Yeah I think the UK will do really well in the athletics, you'll do fab I'm sure This is great, and Australia is honoured to have all the worlds athletes on our shores :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni_bella)
    Uh, yeah same Yep, lots of coursework and I've got a few exams myself coming up in April

Good to see at least some people on here getting into the spirits of things, unlike others *cough*MrColin*cough*

Yeah I think the UK will do really well in the athletics, you'll do fab I'm sure This is great, and Australia is honoured to have all the worlds athletes on our shores :cool:
    Hmm no exams till the end of April but loads of coursework.

Opening cermony looked good, oh how I miss Delta in neighbours

ReputationRep:
    I miss her boyfriend Brian from his days in 'Westlife'.

JOKE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard)
    I miss her boyfriend Brian from his days in 'Westlife'.

JOKE
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    I really am shocked to see that lewsey has been dropped, my friend mentioned it yest(shes not a big rugby fan and i thought she'd got it wrong)
    As for Joe Worsely, I think he's steady enough, not fantastic but not bad, what amazes me is the way that he was motm at the powergen semis for wasps but never has the same form at international level. As a wasps fan I have to stand up for lewsey and worsley, as an Irish fan.... well i cant wait for saturday!

ReputationRep:
    I agree - for wasps he loves to get stuck in...for country he seems almost shy to take the ball in hand, his tackle count isn't as impressive and his work on the floor is overshadowed by others, and when he does, he gives away penalties... (yes, I know moody is similar, but thats not the point...)

I personally think corry, moody and dallaglio as a back 3 would be perfect - they all have the floor skills, but dayglo has the loose play skills that worsley doesn't. I was originally calling for corry to be dropped, but he has really proved himself in the last few games - him and moody were, in my mind, the only ones who impressed against france.

ReputationRep:
    This year seems to be THE year of sporting events - Winter Olympics, Commonwealth Games and in June/July, the World Cup.

I just worry that the Commonwealth Games television coverage will get in the way of me working on 5000 word university finals assessments...but that's a lame excuse, if anything 'Deal or No Deal' and 'Richard & Judy' will be equally to blame. Nevertheless , anxieties aside, i'm looking forward towards the Badminton coverage. I was at Manchester in 2002, a day out to watch the Badminton and Hockey, pretty good day out but the day comprised of stronger memories of having to put up with one of my younger brothers friends - a complete annoying t**t throughout the day. He remains a t**t to this day.

Other memories - at the Hockey Matches, the music being pumped out was 'The Kinks' (dedicated follower/s of fashion), that was cool, and when the official for one of the hockey matches fell over, "Help...I need somebody" by The Beatles. All round hilarities for all.

ReputationRep:
    Im considering getting one. Does it take batteries? Also is it worth getting the neon one which costs £3 more?

Another question, does it actually help give you mroe strength in the arms and wrist?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    No, it doesn't take batteries, yes - the neon one is so much cooler.

Its helped me a fair amount, but everyone is different - but I would recommend you give it a go.

ReputationRep:
    Well im lankey and dont go to a gym, do you think it will help? What colopur did you get? I may get the blue.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.