Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got blue, yea...

I do quite a lot of sport, but hate the gym, and while my legs are huge, my arms were stupidly weak, and it worked for me (also, I had a really bad wrist injury, and its helped rehab that...) so I'd say go for it...if you dont like it, leave it on the coffee table and its a good talking point for guests.

ReputationRep:
    I have one. More for fun than exercise though.
    Exercise is for schmucks! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    if you dont like it, leave it on the coffee table and its a good talking point for guests.
    I'd say it was less of a talking point for guests than other 'similar' toys, like 20Q and the i-top, mostly because no-one I know can do it!

ReputationRep:
    thats what makes it more of a talking point, especially if your mates are competitive!

ReputationRep:
    i had one and used it just before playing in goal. Helped quite a bit.

ReputationRep:
    Just bought the blue one. Its unlikely i will recieve it on friday is it, i ordered from play.

ReputationRep:
    corry moody and dallaglio as a back row=too slow. Ireland now have quite a dynamic and quick back row, esp Wallace and Leamy and they would give your back row the runaround. Granted Worsley is hardly a sprinter but I'm sure hes quicker than Dayglo.

ReputationRep:
    Not particularly to be honest...moody is very quick - even for a back rower, and dallaglio has pace too - more importantly though, he's got experience, so he's always where the ball is, so when you're in the right place pace is less essential.
    Corry is the only real donkey in the Endland Back row....Also - I never see leamy as having much pace to be honest...if you want a great counterattacking back rower though, look at Xavier Rush :eek: christ!

ReputationRep:
    If Worsley doesn't come off for dallaglio(though i think he probably will) it'll be interesting to watch at the end if you have the entire wasps back row playing against each other(assuming o connor comes on)

I think wallace and leamy are much faster than moody and corry though, so that might be some problems for the english, but i don't think simon easterby is of much threat, apparently eddie o'sullivan is keen on him because of the "lineout options" he provides, nothing else. Theres been alot of talk about dropping him, it probably won't happen till the autumn though. He'll probably still play the irish summer tour.

ReputationRep:
    I rate Easterby, don't underestimate his importance in the lineout-he gives us a quality 3rd jumper and takes the pressure off POC and MOK. He also gets through a look of the dirty work, seems very effective on the floor and slowing down opposition ball etc. Doesn't carry as much ball as Wallace or Leamy but its important to have a balanced back row, not just the 3 best back rows you can find.

ReputationRep:
    Quite amusing reading back through the comments! Oh how times change

Still even with England not at their best and Ireland getting stronger as the tournament progresses its still going to be a close hard fought game. I'm personnally hoping for a Welsh and Irish victory at the weekend. Now that would make me happy. The more sides that have won the tournament in recent times makes its better for the competition in the long run. What with Italy gaining in experience and confidence with every game there shall hopefully be another contender in the next five years.

I'm an Irish fan by the way, I try to be impartial but you know how it is.

ReputationRep:
    Easterby is an awesome back rower - he doesn't do much with ball in hand, but he does a lot to promote running play - look at the number of times that when someones broken the line he is there to rip the ball from them and carry on the move. Then the work he does on the floor is amazing - and when he cheats rarely gets spotted - really an idyllic back rower.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by MrColin)
    If you were you local chav or commoner then yes....
    i am neither and still find it amusing i think the reason is that i am immature:p:

ReputationRep:
    it is a generally accepted fact that these litte plastic strips designed to increase oxygen intake through the nose do not improve performance (atleast not through physiological factors)
    however i have to do a presentation about them in pe and was wondering if anyone knows any interesting facts about their advantages or disadvantages or possibly stories about athletes how have used them
    help hugely appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Melbourne Pride. It's our time :cool:

ReputationRep:
    skipping is a cracking way to do it. or do a few circuit sessions...

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait for the track & field athletics to start :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Just wondered if anyone on here has been greyhound racing

I go quite regularly and love it, but I spose thats coz my dad has always owned and bred greyhounds, so its kinda in my blood I have 4 greyhounds of my own, a retired one, a racer and two lovely pups:suith:

Anyone here ever been to 'the dogs'?

ReputationRep:
    Wakefield are desperate for a win, then it's Leeds and Saints. The prospect of losing six Superleague games in a row looks very real.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, I Seen some of this match. Was a really cracker. Federer seems slightly nervy and intimidated by Nadal plus Nadals top spin causes the ball to move to shoulder/head height for Federer which makes it hard for him.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.