Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Blondie*)
    Just wondered if anyone on here has been greyhound racing

I go quite regularly and love it, but I spose thats coz my dad has always owned and bred greyhounds, so its kinda in my blood I have 4 greyhounds of my own, a retired one, a racer and two lovely pups:suith:

Anyone here ever been to 'the dogs'?

Ye i went a couple of months ago to Walthamstow stadium. I really enjoyed but lost money

ReputationRep:
    Though he's got a bad record against him now I think Fed's gonna eventually suss out his game like he's done with everyone else.

They're probably going to meet again in the final at Indian Wells.

ReputationRep:
    Federer wasn't playing his best in that game. Reminds me of Roland Garros where he just kept hitting the ball into the net.

ReputationRep:
    Federer battered Ljubicic earlier 6-2 6-3. Beat Gasquet yesterday easily as well after a very poor performance against Rochus. Is looking like another Fed-Nadal final but Blake is more than capable to beating him and so is Baghdatis

ReputationRep:
    glad Federer came through against gasquet yesterday though :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stratomaster)
    Can't wait for the track & field athletics to start :cool:
    Haha yeah, I can imagine Swimming rocks! Nah it's all good, it's cool having all the world's athetes here.

Oh that reminds me guess what, I just met the Canadian swimming team the other day, they were at the AIS! Woohoo go me!

Lol they wanted to use the ACT pools to practice in because they felt intimidated by our team down in Melbourne, aww! How cute :p:

ReputationRep:
    If you want pace AND endurance then look towards sprint training, try sprinting absolutely flat out for 20 secs and slow jogging/walking for 1 min, repeat until you're on deaths door.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Blondie*)
    Just wondered if anyone on here has been greyhound racing

I go quite regularly and love it, but I spose thats coz my dad has always owned and bred greyhounds, so its kinda in my blood I have 4 greyhounds of my own, a retired one, a racer and two lovely pups:suith:

Anyone here ever been to 'the dogs'?
    Yeah its a great night out. You win some, you lose some and most of the time I do about as well as a trained chimp in picking winners but it is a top quality night out.

ReputationRep:
    Woohoo, England are beating Malawi at Netball :p:

We came a close (pfft) second to you Aussies in gymnastics! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    God, really does this thing count for anything? I mean, the Aussies will just bllitz in everything, we may as well call it the Australia Wins Everything - Bet You Wish You Hadn't Transported Us To Heaven - Games.

ReputationRep:
    The same way the Aussies blized England in the Sevens yesterday, hmmm. Or the way that Aussie girl who wanted 7 golds blitzed that young Scot.

The very same Australia?

ReputationRep:
    I think Murray wastes a lot of energy being negative. He needs to learn to control himself. I think he's been hanging around John Macenroe far too much.

ReputationRep:
    *******s, missed out on sevens gold . It's really great stuff though, constant action and excitement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Top_Cat)
    The same way the Aussies blized England in the Sevens yesterday, hmmm. Or the way that Aussie girl who wanted 7 golds blitzed that young Scot.

The very same Australia?
    hahah we are still taking you to town in the medal tally!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    ps- GOOD on those hot saffie boys for winning the mens freestyle relay!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    hahah we are still taking you to town in the medal tally!!!!!
    and so you should be!

Besides, we own your a ss at football :rolleyes:

And that football match was only a friendly, if England ever met Australia in a match of real substance, you'd be like lambs to the slaughter.

ReputationRep:
    I'd LOVE to go and I have ALWAYS wanted a greyhoud- I'll get one when I'm older!

ReputationRep:
    ??what soccer or Rugby which football are you talking about. If you are referring to soccer, yeah we are craphouse, no one cares about soccer in this country.

ReputationRep:
    I go very regularly (Walthamstow). Been Romford & Wimble Wobble as well.
    Walthamstow is easy the best, and has the best atmosphere. Can't miss the streakers at the end of the session, guaranteed to happen

Some guy attempts to do a full circuit in the nudd on the dog track. As he's about to cross the finish line, the stewards always jump on him to deny him that chance. You know he's going to do it again until he does do it :laugh:

Its a great night out, topped off by Charlie Chans LMAO!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by no1mohsin)
    Blacks are the superior and more advanced race - fact. Evolution says so. I agree with the poster who said that the black race as whole - their skeletons are more fitter and athletic than whites.
    i know this threads probably finished but i hav to say i am absolutely disgusted with what no1mohsin said. It would obviously classed as racism if i said, 'oh whites are much better and more civilised than black people'. I dont know if this part of the forum is moderated or not, but i think the moderaters should deal with this person. he/she is not only ignorant and from what has been said, racist, but he/she is pretty thick too (more fitter - what are u 9?).

Im offended by this and outraged that you seem to have 'gotten away with it' just because its racism against whites. racism is racism whoever the target is.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.