Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Haven't got much time, so I'll do it in a bullet point type format.

Weakness -
    - His cardiovascular system has never been sorely tested.
    - His 'guard', the position of both gloves around the sides of the head, commonly goes down to his waist when he begins to feel more confident, and that he is completely in control.
    - He doesn't seem to exert a massive amount of punching power - he achieves his knockout and stoppages through an accumulation of punches, a constant barrage, to both the head and the body.
    - His footwork, as with his guard, is sometimes sloppy as he increases in confidence. He tends to try and mimic Muhammed Ali, but this puts him off balance - something which a good boxer would pick up on, and knock him down.
    - As seen in his amateur career, he is essentially an attacking fighter, and dislikes fighting on the back foot. For his rematch with Mario Kindelan, he forced himself to take a more conservative, counterpunching approach. That's an anomaly - normally he rushes with barrages, leaving himself open down the middle.
    - Can be baited into showboating and being cocky. May leave him open.

Strength -
    - Blistering combinations.
    - Speed.
    - Except for a few minor flaws, he has a solid foundation of technical skill, built from his amateur days.
    - When he concentrates, his footwork is both fast and well executed.
    - Good at what he does - outboxing, hitting without getting hit.
    - Excellent experience, with a solid amateur background and many fights with one of the best in the world, Mario Kindelan.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I know what it is - a lot of friends of mine are obsessive with it. I'm more into Martial Art, but it looks damned fun.

ReputationRep:
    Woohoo total domination in the pools!!! :rock:

Sorry but I can't help but fit in a 'Go Aussie Go!' in here for kicks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni_bella)
    Woohoo total domination in the pools!!! :rock:

Sorry but I can't help but fit in a 'Go Aussie Go!' in here for kicks
    I heard a presenter who has been in Melbourne saying how far up their own arses the Australians are with all their medal-winning... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    its just different types of fitness. if you tested them the racer would be better in some tests and the squash player better in others. its not a comparable thing.

ReputationRep:
    haha thats true, well, wouldnt you be if you were as good as us? suckers...

ReputationRep:
    I think i've fallen in love with Lisa Dobriskey :blush:

ReputationRep:
    I'm interested in starting ninjitsu at my uni club, can anyone brief me on the principals etc?

ReputationRep:
    used to play football only for school and club,
    won borough schools swimming gala,
    used to do triathlon but my biking let me down and i came flyin back thru on the run lol,
    player of the tournament in volleyball tournament for borough,
    ran for skul, club, borough, county and for country at athletics and cross country

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    I think i've fallen in love with Lisa Dobriskey :blush:
    she aint that nice! anyways she is seeing Ricky Soos i think who is a british 800m runner.

Kerrie Ann-Payne!!!! wat a great performance, just missing out on a medal but is only 17/18, goes to my skul is in the year above me. well done 2 her!!!!!!

now White Haired Wizard sum1 u need 2 look out for is Jessica Ennis - heptathlete NOW SHE IS FINE!!!!!!!! 2nd claim for my club as well

ReputationRep:
    - His footwork, as with his guard, is sometimes sloppy as he increases in confidence. He tends to try and mimic Muhammed Ali, but this puts him off balance - something which a good boxer would pick up on, and knock him down.
    LOL, Too True. Thats hilarious.

Can be baited into showboating and being cocky. May leave him open.
    any of his opponents wanting to beat Amir should do this, if they act like there hurt and tired like many of the Puerto Ricon's used to do they can suprise him and that could be the key to him being defeated . The key is to lure him in and suprise him.

Very good points though phasesofthemoon- you a boxeR?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GOD)
    she aint that nice! anyways she is seeing Ricky Soos i think who is a british 800m runner.

Kerrie Ann-Payne!!!! wat a great performance, just missing out on a medal but is only 17/18, goes to my skul is in the year above me. well done 2 her!!!!!!

now White Haired Wizard sum1 u need 2 look out for is Jessica Ennis - heptathlete NOW SHE IS FINE!!!!!!!! 2nd claim for my club as well
    I concur with your take on Miss Ennis - she is indeed, a fine specimen. You come from Manchester? What school does Kerrie Ann-Payne belong to? You see, i'm a mancunian, well, peripheral mancunian myself.

ReputationRep:
    I concur with your take on Miss Ennis - she is indeed, a fine specimen. You come from Manchester? What school does Kerrie Ann-Payne belong to? You see, i'm a mancunian, well, peripheral mancunian myself.
    definately miss Ennis is amazing!! yer am from Manchester, Kerrie goes to Cardinal Langley RC Sports COllege in Middleton (near Rochdale) where bwts u from pal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GOD)
    definately miss Ennis is amazing!! yer am from Manchester, Kerrie goes to Cardinal Langley RC Sports COllege in Middleton (near Rochdale) where bwts u from pal?
    I live very close to Offerton, but not in Offerton. I attended a school in Romiley.

ReputationRep:
    I dunno how to do martial arts... I don't do athlectics... I don't do gymnastics... but I sure hell do love Parkour

ReputationRep:
    I live very close to Offerton, but not in Offerton. I attended a school in Romiley.
    so Stockport way then. wat skul was this? it seems like ur speakin as tho u may kno me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GOD)
    so Stockport way then. wat skul was this? it seems like ur speakin as tho u may kno me?
    No I don't know you - I'm 21, approaching 22 years of age whilst you say you are 15-16 years of age, a year younger than the girl you know who is competing at the Commonwealth Games. Don't fret dude!

Harrytown RC High School - opposite Werneth.

ReputationRep:
    lol am 17 mate Kerrie Ann is in year 13 n im in year 12. yer a few of my mates from my club used to go to Werneth n my coach is PE teacher there. i side with Werneth im afraid :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GOD)
    lol am 17 mate Kerrie Ann is in year 13 n im in year 12. yer a few of my mates from my club used to go to Werneth n my coach is PE teacher there. i side with Werneth im afraid :p:
    Werneth always won in fights

ReputationRep:
    anyone from p'boro?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.