Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unity)
    any of his opponents wanting to beat Amir should do this, if they act like there hurt and tired like many of the Puerto Ricon's used to do they can suprise him and that could be the key to him being defeated . The key is to lure him in and suprise him.
    Would pay to see this, but I've yet to see someone crafty enough, or crazy enough, to pull it off.

Very good points though phasesofthemoon- you a boxeR?
    I've learnt boxing techniques, never really spent much time in the ring - not a fan of getting my head turned into jelly. At the moment I'm practising Martial Art, though - I've been in a tournament or two, sparring, so it's given me a lot of knowledge when it comes to footwork/attacking/etc. I also try and keep up to date with boxing on TV, but it doesn't get much exposure in London, really.

ReputationRep:
    he hasnt bought them. Theres a big tussle between the board and Russ and a Saffer named Peter HOlmes-a-court.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    he hasnt bought them. Theres a big tussle between the board and Russ and a Saffer named Peter HOlmes-a-court.
    Hmmm...can you elaborate as the impression being created over here is that it's a done deal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    haha thats true, well, wouldnt you be if you were as good as us? suckers...
    :dito:

ReputationRep:
    yes, but apparently whoever the guy was who was opposing it on the bunnys board is going to see if he can take legal action or some crap like that. Other than that speed bump, i cant re,member when hte keys may be handed over, so to speak.

ReputationRep:
    I play softball
    > 5 years with team in 1st League in London AdLeague (Only won one competition so far, and come 3rd )
    > 3 years with team in indepdent team
    > Just started with men's comp team - matches number of home runs in game

Bit of inline....
    Bit of parkour...
    Bit of darts

ReputationRep:
    Try UrbanFreeFlow and hit the forums there - Quite alot of people dotted around the UK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni_bella)
    Woohoo total domination in the pools!!! :rock:
    I'm afraid I'm going to have to disagree with you there Danni :p: - England, Scotland and Wales between them won 15 golds, 14 silvers and 9 bronzes! You did rule in the women's races (with some exceptions), but your men certainly didn't! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhasesOfTheMoon)
    Would pay to see this, but I've yet to see someone crafty enough, or crazy enough, to pull it off.

I've learnt boxing techniques, never really spent much time in the ring - not a fan of getting my head turned into jelly. At the moment I'm practising Martial Art, though - I've been in a tournament or two, sparring, so it's given me a lot of knowledge when it comes to footwork/attacking/etc. I also try and keep up to date with boxing on TV, but it doesn't get much exposure in London, really.
    Awesome

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any tips for getting good scores? I cant seem to get it over 3k, i get it spinning but it stops spinning after about 10 seconds.

What am i doing wrong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james101)
    Anyone got any tips for getting good scores? I cant seem to get it over 3k, i get it spinning but it stops spinning after about 10 seconds.

What am i doing wrong?
    Imagine you are stirring a spoon in a cup. Start with slow wide arcs and gradually decrease them in size.

I lost my string so I have to use my thumb to start it

ReputationRep:
    Another question, when you hold it up right and press the ball up can you slightly move it upwards?

ReputationRep:
    Another question, when you hold it up right and press the ball up can you slightly move it upwards?
    Yes, but it's less than a mm or so.

ReputationRep:
    I have one, though mine is dying since I dropped it down the stairs.

My record is about 11,700 which took a while to get.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, im not getting a little better, i manage to get it up to 2k when i start it so i just have to learn how to keep it going.

So i slowly move my wrist in large circles and then gradually rotate in smaller circles?

ReputationRep:
    So i slowly move my wrist in large circles and then gradually rotate in smaller circles?
    Well that's how I do it. It takes a bit of practice at first.

ReputationRep:
    But i hear people who get aroudn 10k on their first goes, and i have spent around an hour trying and cant get over 3k.

ReputationRep:
    But i hear people who get aroudn 10k on their first goes, and i have spent around an hour trying and cant get over 3k.
    Forget about it until later, then go back to it. You'll probably nail the correct technique first time.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your help, atleast im getting it starting better than i was before so thats something.

I will keep you updated on my progress. You keep the mode thing on the 2nd choice right? Thats what you need to see your score, but is there a way to store your highscore?

ReputationRep:
    Yes my ex boyfriend was in love with it more than me. LOL Hull has a team and most of them play football, drink do the gym and get 2.2s. Then unofficially register with the university doing a part time furniture making course so they can still play for the university and get pissed all the time

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.