Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HistoryStudent)
    I'm afraid I'm going to have to disagree with you there Danni :p: - England, Scotland and Wales between them won 15 golds, 14 silvers and 9 bronzes! You did rule in the women's races (with some exceptions), but your men certainly didn't! :p:
    Yeah but you can't just count Wales and Scotland with England :p: Isn't that a bit like going Aus + NZ (Everdawn help me out lol). Aren't they all separate for these games?

My friend is Welsh and wants to be seen as Welsh (and Australian, now) rather than 'that English chick' :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    'craphouse'? You silly aussies
    No! :mad: 'craphouse' rules! :p: It's totally funny :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Both of the last two posts have been spot on, fitness is for purpose and is "relative". A squash player is fit to play squash, just like a taxi driver is fit to drive a taxi, each activity or sport has different demands and that brings along its own strengths or weaknesses.

However, put a squash player and F1 driver to some sort of "general" fitness test and the F1 driver will come out trumps.

ReputationRep:
    rubbish theyd be about equal on cv fitness, power advanatge to squash, actual strength to F1, speed to squash, muscular stamina to squash. concentration levels to F1.

looks like 3 -2 to me

ReputationRep:
    muscular stamina to squash?

ReputationRep:
    looks like you're a ****ing idiot to me.

ReputationRep:
    Pshh, cyclists and swimmers kick both of these guys asses. Many cyclists are so fit that they end up with circulatory problems because their hearts become so strong :eek:

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=danni_bella] Isn't that a bit like going Aus + NZ (Everdawn help me out lol). QUOTE]
    Well, not really, because Aus & NZ are completely seperate countries, whilst England, Scotland and Wales are kind of separate but at the same time all part of Britain. Anyway, whether together or separate, my point remains that the British countries have had considerable success in the pool at these Games - that's 15 golds that haven't gone to Australia :p:
    Anyway how are you doing Danni? You still at uni?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Oh that was bad the way England surrendered against Australia in the Hockey we started so well too, but some bad defending cost us, we may still get bronze.
    Anyone see how good that mountain bike girl was for us she's only 19 and came 4th, the winner nearly hit a dear in that race.

ReputationRep:
    aerobically fit maybe. physically fit i think an f1 driver wins...

ReputationRep:
    Squash players, no question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni_bella)
    Yeah but you can't just count Wales and Scotland with England :p: Isn't that a bit like going Aus + NZ (Everdawn help me out lol). Aren't they all separate for these games?

My friend is Welsh and wants to be seen as Welsh (and Australian, now) rather than 'that English chick' :cool:

haha, kind of like me being the Australian South African, :p:

Danni, dont matter how many countries they want to claim, we still iskicking thair butts HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (ps. I can say this only becuase its true...):cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikolaiJ)
    Pshh, cyclists and swimmers kick both of these guys asses. Many cyclists are so fit that they end up with circulatory problems because their hearts become so strong :eek:
    Thats complete rubbish, what are you basing this statement on?

ReputationRep:
    I dont really think its up to much. The cars are nothing more than glorified Formula Fords, theres a lack of first class drivers and refering directly to the drivers by their nation rather than their name is v v annoying. Ben Edwards if probably the best commentator around, but hearing him go "France leads Brazil ahead of Great Britian" is just cringeworthy. The way I see it, its motorsport for the football fan. [/rant] Bring on F1, IRL, CART, WTCC etc, not this rubbish

ReputationRep:
    isnt fitness defined as being able to meet the demands of your environment? (think it is) if so then they can bth meet the demands of their environment cnt they but i wud av sed that a squash player is fitter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Thats complete rubbish, what are you basing this statement on?
    this indeed is facts.

i think a guy was called Miguel Indurane or summat n he had like a restin heart rate of about 16 or sumthin rly stupid.

they usually die due to drugs tho because cycling is 1 of the worsts sports associated with drug takers. TUT TUT!

ReputationRep:
    Hello people!!! lovin the commonwealth games...can't wait till hockey semis tonight...should be classic!!...but ANYBODY know what time they are showin england vs. pakistan hockey semis on BBC tonight?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GOD)
    this indeed is facts.

i think a guy was called Miguel Indurane or summat n he had like a restin heart rate of about 16 or sumthin rly stupid.

they usually die due to drugs tho because cycling is 1 of the worsts sports associated with drug takers. TUT TUT!
    Michael Indurain' RHR was 28 BPM, how exactly is this a circulation problem?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Michael Indurain' RHR was 28 BPM, how exactly is this a circulation problem?
    i knew how to pronounce it not how to spell it lol. erm i think it myt b summat 2 do with , actually i dnt kno :confused: all i kno is they are mainly druggies apart frm my main man Lance coz i believe he is clean and i wud b devastated if he was found to have taken drugs.:eek:

ReputationRep:
    14 for both. Wings are where its at

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.