Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just ordered a gripmaster and Captain of Crush No. 1 This should be good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davey_boy)
    There's no way you can do all of those simultaneously at uni level at Oxford. Boat race and varsity football are on the same day for a start....
    i do them at uni, for my college. sorry if i misled. only thing iu could possibly do at uni level is karting...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    haha, kind of like me being the Australian South African, :p:

Danni, dont matter how many countries they want to claim, we still iskicking thair butts HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (ps. I can say this only becuase its true...):cool:
    For once I don't care if I sound mean, you're right

But more importantly :eek:

Go Jana Pitman!! You made us so proud last night, you rock foreva!!!

EDIT: The UK as a whole IS doing great tho

I think compared to some other countries the UK is doing amazingly well.

ReputationRep:
    I just had to create a tribute thread

Hope you guys don't mind

I think she ROCKS! She's awesome, way better than that Tamsin Lewis (dumb! Did anyone see her in 'Australia's Brainiest Athlete?' I did ) phoney or whatever, Jana ALL the way! :cool:

I also think she is quite pretty too, anyway here is a webby I found of her: http://www.athletics.org.au/athletes...m?ObjectID=246

ReputationRep:
    lol, i on the other hand CANT stand her, whinge whinge bloody whinge.

lol, Tamsyn is on the glasshouse sometimes, shes not funny either!!! lol.

ReputationRep:
    for once i was actually gutted that an Aussie dint win. only coz it was Craig Mottram tho :P but now i hope he dusnt win the 1500 because i would like Nick McCormick to win it with Andy Baddeley 2nd, suppose Mottram can come 3rd tho :p:

ReputationRep:
    She won the womens 400m hurdles...probably the most insignificant event known to man, don't know what the fuss is about, is it just cuz you guys are doing so awful at the games that anyone who can get a medal is seen as a hero?:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    British athletics is a bloody disgrace. Devonish the only one getting into a final finishing last. Fckuing useless. Johnson is spot on in his analysis imo. We couldnt get much worse.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I "do" american football. It's good, however Plymouth are not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Chueco)
    a healthy obsession...
    My shirt is rather full though!

ReputationRep:
    Out of these racket sports, which would you say is the most difficult? Put them in order if you can.
    If you can't think....imagine the best in the world at each one in front of you....who would you have the most respect for?

I would say:

Tennis
    Badminton
    Table Tennis
    Squash

ReputationRep:
    Table tennis, it requires sooo much skill, Tennis, Badminton and squash.

ReputationRep:
    Tennis, Squash, Badminton and then Table Tennis.

The thing is they're hard in there own way but i think TT loses as the others requires a whole load more fitness. Also tennis has alot of exposure so guys have to 'keep their cool' in the press and all. Much more so than squash... But i play squash so i know how physically demanding it is. I also play Badminton and although it's a faster game than squash i think squash is harder.

ReputationRep:
    Squash, Tennis, Badminton and Table Tennis

When you are playing best of five sets (squash) against a good opponent its more tiring than the others in my opinion. Perhaps not as much strength needed as tennis, but just as much concentration, technique and stategy, if not sometimes more. Very close with tennis, but the physical demands tops it for me.

In badminton you need a lot less strength too play, its more tehcnique and reaction based. Techniqually very demanding, but overall not as much all round as tennis and squash in my opinion.

Table tennis is very easy to play at a low standard, the pros have remarkable reactions and technique, just like badminton - although I agree with the above poster that it loses out on the amount of fitness you need.

ReputationRep:
    many people in the europe and world over see cricket as a very slow game:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Tennis, Badminton, Squash and Table Tennis. Both Badminton and Squash when played at a high standard are tiring, especially in singles. TT is probably more of a game than a sport, even tho they do play it at the olympics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john williams)
    Tennis, Badminton, Squash and Table Tennis. Both Badminton and Squash when played at a high standard are tiring, especially in singles. TT is probably more of a game than a sport, even tho they do play it at the olympics.

Olympic GAMES

ReputationRep:
    thats just in the male sprints.

we had an 18 year old make the final of the mens 400m and finish 5th (who is going to move up to 800m and will be devestating with that speed), a 20 year old (who is VERY fine) finished 3rd in the Heptathlon and has great potetnial for the future.

basically Harry Aikines Aryeetey, Craig Pickering and Alex Nelson should have been takin to the Commies insted of our sprinters as they are VERY good junior athletes and this would have given them the good experience they need to bring them through the senior ranks and i bet any money they would have competed better than the sprinters we did send.

also in the middle distance we had a steeplechaser finish in 5th and 7th i think with a 20 year old finish in 9th place which is very good as this event was dominated by the Kenyans who took a clean sweep and a very promising performance from Luke Gunn (the 20 year old) for his first (of many hopeffully) Major Senior Championships.

we also have 2 male's in the 1500m final, of the home nations in the womens 1500m final we had 3 in the top 4.

some things are going ok and pretty well in GB athletics but other things are appauling UKA need 2 sort it out and QUICK!!!

ReputationRep:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninjitsu

This might help.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Women's hockey on now England vs New Zealand for the Bronze medal, 0-0 at the moment half time, they playing vertigo U2 now.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.