The Student Room Group
I'd say squash. Just look at Nigel Mansell...:p:
Money can't buy you everything.
It would have to be either 4 or 5 as the row is clearly the best position on the pitch. However, if you are hairy and have a tendency to behave thuggishly, you risk being mistaken for Danny Grewcock. Which is not good.
real shame to see this happen in racing, he was just 30
http://www.racingone.com/article.asp?artnum=27211
Carl1982
Women's hockey on now England vs New Zealand for the Bronze medal, 0-0 at the moment half time, they playing vertigo U2 now.

Huge big shoutout to our netminder in the Women's Bronze game strokes competition; 2 fantastic stick saves got us the bronze.

----

Netball; a great level of composure in the last minute of time helped us to a superb bronze against Jamacia; AND also noticed the Aussies lost a Commonwealth netball match for the first time ever, as the NZ Silverferns took the Gold.

---

Fantastic results for Gail Emms and Nathan Robertson in the XD Badminton Final; as well as Tracey Hallam in the WS Final --- a golden double.

---

Peter Nicol claimed his second gold of the games, this time in the Squash Men's Doubles. Peter says it's his last Commonwealth Games, indeed it's his last season - certainly going out on a high.
danni_bella
Aah the closing ceremony + all the highlights should be good.

*Cracks open a bottle of champagne*

Generally dull, and I was disappointed at the lack of involvement of the athletes in the ceremony per Manchester 02 and indeed Sydney 00, just sitting at the stands until particularly late on.

The section from Delhi 2010 was just too long at 11 minutes.

HOWEVER, Dame Edna's speech on the big screen was a great pee-take, especially at the Americans !! And yes, I was singing along to the lyrics as they bounced along the screen; and the fireworks were impressive.
Dude thats nasty, a real shame. This serves as a reminder that motorsport is by its nature dangerous and that thousands of drivers risk their lives every weekend.
oh yes , many seasoned cricketers confess that its a game made to keep busy the people in the erstwhile COLONIES !!!!!!, so that they do not get the time to think about anythig else, like a revolt or anything else, very clever,
ha ha ha,
:smile: :smile: :smile:
I didnt even watch the closing... dull dull, bring on the F1~!
Yeah i watched the race last night it was very subdued shame great win for Dan Wheldon him and Castroneves had a good battle near the end, but yeah shows how dangerous it still is, he's the 3rd one to die in the last few years i think.
Carl1982
Yeah i watched the race last night it was very subdued shame great win for Dan Wheldon him and Castroneves had a good battle near the end, but yeah shows how dangerous it still is, he's the 3rd one to die in the last few years i think.

It is a sad thing. Says a lot about the safety record of racing in the USA too. Those concrete walls and limited run offs just aren't right.
Reply 9971
Everdawn
yeah, any re-h-tard can win commonwealth gold.:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

av u won it then?

the only sport where the medalists from the commenwealth games could not contend with the rest fo the world is the womens Pole Vault as there is Yelena Isinbayeva, Svetlana Feofanova and that very fine polish girl who are dominating the sport at the moment but most of all Isinbayeva who is the current world record holder both indoors and out, the only other person i can think of that could possibly challenge these 3 is Stacey Dragila of the USA but only if she hasnt already retired.
The cars are designed to take impact with a concrete wall, they do stand up better than an F1 car would but the trouble is racing on an oval at 200+mph is so dangerous one mistake and that's it.
Carl1982
The cars are designed to take impact with a concrete wall, they do stand up better than an F1 car would but the trouble is racing on an oval at 200+mph is so dangerous one mistake and that's it.

If they replaced those concrete walls with tyre walls... created run off space etc. things would be safer.
Good point, trouble is putting a tyre wall round an oval would cause problems, if a car slams into a tyre wall it would bounce them straight back on the track and then vulnerable to any oncoming cars. A concrete wall tends to suck the cars in but still i don't know either way it wouldn't make it safer.

Obviously they should have a bigger run off area but because it's an oval where would they put one in such a small space.
Carl1982
Good point, trouble is putting a tyre wall round an oval would cause problems, if a car slams into a tyre wall it would bounce them straight back on the track and then vulnerable to any oncoming cars. A concrete wall tends to suck the cars in but still i don't know either way it wouldn't make it safer.

Obviously they should have a bigger run off area but because it's an oval where would they put one in such a small space.

Get rid of ovals :p:

"Left, straight, left, straight, left, straight, left... straight, left, straight..."

That passes for racing? :confused:
if i had a footy shirt with a number on, it would be 15 as I had that on one of my chelsea shirts before melchiot joined the blues when it was free. its now my lucky number as well
Reply 9977
President_Ben
Get rid of ovals :p:

"Left, straight, left, straight, left, straight, left... straight, left, straight..."

That passes for racing? :confused:

Whereas F1 is so much better.

Yeah, righto.:rolleyes:

At least they ARE racing in Indy Racing, and not just following each other round as in the majority of F1.
simeon
Whereas F1 is so much better.

Yeah, righto.:rolleyes:

At least they ARE racing in Indy Racing, and not just following each other round as in the majority of F1.

Well, F1 is a lot safer in recent years... and F1 is a much more complicated art compared to turning left.
GOD
SO ****ING PISSED OFF ABOUT THE WOMENS 4X4!!!
Woah, you looking for a warning there :wink: Good job I'm not a mod :cool: The girl that complained - yes it was very typical behaviour of Tamsyn Lewis I must admit, she is like that :p: But she was right in complaining this time, we back her all the way.

Expression

HOWEVER, Dame Edna's speech on the big screen was a great pee-take, especially at the Americans !! And yes, I was singing along to the lyrics as they bounced along the screen; and the fireworks were impressive.
Haha yes, good old Dame Edna :biggrin: :biggrin: Gotta love her, glad you liked the fireworks even though we all know they're not as great as what Sydney can achieve but hey, we do try :smile:

Latest