Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Nice to see the aussies being stuffed by a team like bangladesh

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it's a cunning ploy to lull the English into a false sense of security?

Nah! Aussie cricket --> :goodnight

How cool is that C4 ad for the Ashes as well lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louise_1988)
    What were the pre-match odds of bangladesh winnng, anyone know? I bet there are some loyal fans who have done quite well out of this game financially!
    lol watever many have earned millions n i missed another chance :p:

ReputationRep:
    w00t I'm going to see australia vs bangladesh at old trafford next week, hoping for an exciting game or one where the aussies lose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oblivious)
    w00t I'm going to see australia vs bangladesh at old trafford next week, hoping for an exciting game or one where the aussies lose.
    well dont expect much such things happen in centuries Aus gonna definately come hard at them wat i wish not another world record from aus

ReputationRep:
    Gasquet will be more exciting that Nadal and I can see him beating him if they meet.

ReputationRep:
    This is not the biggest upset in cricket by a long shot...there have been other notable ones over the years...such as Bangladesh's win against Pakistan in 99, Sri Lanka beating India in 79, Zimbabwe beating Australia in 83, Kenya beating the West Indies in 96 and imho the biggest upset of all was in the 83 WC final when the minnows of that time India beat the great West Indies team...

ReputationRep:
    Now England are gonna think they are going to win the Ashes

Come 21st of July, Aus will be 1-0 up.

Congrats to the Banglas nevertheless, take a bow, you have beaten the world champs!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seabiscuit)
    Fine... At least make the F1 thread sticky... (and I'm not talking about chandni with the Michael Schumacher calender) :rolleyes:
    Hang on a second I am a Ferrari fan not a Schumacher fan when he drove for Benneton I h8ed the guy I will love any driver who drives for has driver for us. I stated my passion for Ferrari in my 1st post on the F1 thread and nobody has had a problem with me and my pro-ferrari chat until now. What makes you so special that you can critisize me for choosing my team and sticking with them through whatever happens?

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations for what? Being one of the worst teams in history getting thrashed every single game and then celebrating like you'v won the world cup just cos you win your SECOND ever ODI...!! The Aussies will be back and these things can happen on the day, a while back when India couldnt be bothered to play they also lost 1 ODI against them (after winning series)..it doesnt mean nowt!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by devesh254)
    This is not the biggest upset in cricket by a long shot...there have been other notable ones over the years...such as Bangladesh's win against Pakistan in 99, Sri Lanka beating India in 79, Zimbabwe beating Australia in 83, Kenya beating the West Indies in 96 and imho the biggest upset of all was in the 93 WC final when the minnows of that time India beat the great West Indies team...
    well it is the biggest upset as the lowest team in the league beating the best in the league those were upsets but cricket (ODIS) has never seen anything like this they have beaten AUS the no 1 team not recently but for more than 4 or 5 years.

ReputationRep:
    i see no need for a sub for F1, we all take about the same topic at any given time and no real need for a sticky,if we just keep it alive it'll stay up there.

and like F1, if it dies it dies. no-one wants it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john williams)
    Congragulations for what? Being one of the worst teams in history getting thrashed every single game and then celebrating like you'v won the world cup just cos you win your SECOND ever ODI...!! The Aussies will be back and these things can happen on the day, a while back when India couldnt be bothered to play they also lost 1 ODI against them (after winning series)..it doesnt mean nowt!
    They've actually won 10 ODIs.

Anyhow, any team that beats Australia has every right to celebrate and it is a great achievement to beat the world champions. Of course, Australia will be back, but so what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaf1986)
    They've actually won 10 ODIs.

Anyhow, any team that beats Australia has every right to celebrate and it is a great achievement to beat the world champions. Of course, Australia will be back, but so what?
    Ok fine i mis-spelt a word :p: Oh i didnt realise it was 10, i can only remember 2/3...still doesnt make any difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Gasquet will be more exciting that Nadal and I can see him beating him if they meet.
    i dont think so Nadal is a rising star n gonna definately perform well at wimbledon i dont agree when ppl say he is only a clay court player that might be his strongest surface but he will perform well on other surfaces too i just wish he do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Janealams)
    i dont think so Nadal is a rising star n gonna definately perform well at wimbledon i dont agree when ppl say he is only a clay court player that might be his strongest surface but he will perform well on other surfaces too i just wish he do
    Quite frankly he has been very lucky. The 3rd quarter of the draw is one of easiest for the past few years and in my opinion very wide open. Nadal's game is far from suited to grass and even if he does manage to get to the quarters or semis I can see him being destroyed.

ReputationRep:
    what are people's opinions on Stephen Murray?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by devesh254)
    This is not the biggest upset in cricket by a long shot...there have been other notable ones over the years...such as Bangladesh's win against Pakistan in 99, Sri Lanka beating India in 79, Zimbabwe beating Australia in 83, Kenya beating the West Indies in 96 and imho the biggest upset of all was in the 93 WC final when the minnows of that time India beat the great West Indies team...
    83 world cup son!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *nuj*)
    it's turning bad with new raquet technology etc, the whole game in grass is becoming more and more about the serve, who wants to see 30 od aces, it doesnt make good watching? anyone watch the queens final? smh.....
    Its all about roland garros!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Quite frankly he has been very lucky. The 3rd quarter of the draw is one of easiest for the past few years and in my opinion very wide open. Nadal's game is far from suited to grass and even if he does manage to get to the quarters or semis I can see him being destroyed.
    ya it might be but wat im saying he is not just a clay court player he is definately gonna improve his game n if he able to play well on other courts too which many think is his weak point he will completely change the current tennis n domination of one man but ofcourse its too early to say anything but i just cant see him playing an ordinary game after winning rolland garros.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.