Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by sexysax)
    what are people's opinions on Stephen Murray?
    He's got things going for him, just needs adecent coach and we'll see if he's up to scratch. As for weaknesses, his game will improve as he matures, but he noticeably needs to improve on his forehand and his match fitness. He's got some nice strokes, he's got the dogmatic attitude and approach, and he doesn't seem too fazed by others around him. He's not going to shine in Wimbledon, that's painfully obvious. Murray's game is adpated to clay, not grass, and it's on clay that he's had most training and practise in. Whether he's as successful or not, he won't emulate Henman as they are two very different players.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vishpatel)
    83 world cup son!!
    typo...my bad :cool: ....93 ofcourse was when our neighbours from the "dark" side won

:laugh:lol jk

ReputationRep:
    sharapova is hot

ReputationRep:
    I dont like Nadal, hate the way he celebrates his points. He just annoys me. I think he'll get far but won't win it. His type of game isn't suited to grass. I cant see any Spaniards winning it-- they barely enter Wimbledon do they?
    Federer is clear favourite. He just has too much variation in his play and is at home on grass. Plus the beating he got from Nadal should give him that extra bit of determination. Roddick's up there as well. Safin's a maybe, he's not got the best temperament. Henman's best chance was last year, he's struggling this year.

I'd like a non-baseliner to win it!

ReputationRep:
    1. Chelsea
    2. Liverpool
    3. Arsenal
    4. Bolton

the reason i left Man U out is cuz they really could finish anywhere next season, depends on how glazer gets along and how comfortable the players are with his presence

ReputationRep:
    what about tottenham hotspur!!

you got crappy west brom (who you probably support) and rubbish newcastle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by telecastro_59)
    1. Chelsea
    2. Liverpool
    3. Arsenal
    4. Bolton
    :rofl:

(Original post by afireinside©)
    :rofl:
    I was thinking it, but wasn't going to say it... :rolleyes:

Hows the revision going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raindance)
    I was thinking it, but wasn't going to say it... :rolleyes:

Hows the revision going?
    I'm finished homeboy!
    How about you? :eek:

(Original post by afireinside©)
    How about you? :eek:
    Finished on the 8th. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Please tell me if I'm being stupid but calling some events that you can bet
    on seems rediculously simple. - E.g. It was blatently obvious Blair would win the most recent general election, so if you put say a couple of grand behind him like the day before the election you could have made a good amount of money overhight. - Not a huge amount, I forget exactly but you'r money would have been safe. - Over time you could make loads.

Another example is betting that the Bank of England would keep base rates the same at 4.75%. - All the economists predicted that this would happen.

Is political/financial betting a rediclously simple way to make good money or am I missing something?

Willhill.com lets you bet with stakes as low as 1p, I'm thinking of just staking £10 - split over loads of different but easy bets - to "spread the risk" making some money, and continuing to bet only winnings from that. Good idea?

ReputationRep:
    I think it is one of the biggest upsets ever in one day cricket. Australia are the best and have been by a considerable margin for years, Bangladesh have been the whipping boys since they were given international status.

ReputationRep:
    Definitly one of the biggest upsets ever !

Gives Eng real confidence now !

ReputationRep:
    Bangladesh's stunning defeat of Australia will probably go down as the biggest one-day upset of all time, a rare upset achieved when the minnow batted second. Here we pick the top 5, i dont dispute this :

1 Bangladesh beat Australia by 5 wickets, NatWest Series, Cardiff, June 18, 2005

2 Kenya beat West Indies by 73 runs, World Cup, Pune, February 29, 1996

3 India beat West Indies by 43 runs, World Cup final, Lord's, June 25, 1983
    4 Zimbabwe beat Australia by 13 runs, World Cup, Trent Bridge, June 9, 1983
    5. Bangladesh beat Pakistan by 62 runs, World Cup, Northampton, May 31, 1999

ReputationRep:
    Nice to see your beef with India is still intact pete.....as well as ending all your sentences with !

Memories

ReputationRep:
    u two are lucky - my exams finish on the 28th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by THE UNDERDOG)
    what about tottenham hotspur!!

you got crappy west brom (who you probably support) and rubbish newcastle
    havent you noticed that some polls have teams who are unlucky to win to show a spectrum of results

besides there is the "other" option

ReputationRep:
    Other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nasht)
    sharapova is hot
    I agree

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I was rooting for Indiana back then. Wanted Uncle Reggie to have a better ending to his career.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.