Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    flyboy...this is why you guys will lose...you and your press get so excited over so little...granted that they have not had a good start at all to their tour but come on...they are australia...if anything they will be relieved to find all these flaws now so they can get rid of them when the ashes start...and people forget they lost in a Twenty20 match and two ONE DAY INTERNATIONALS...if they had lost a whole test match/series to bangladesh then you can make a hell of a lot out of it but these are just mickey mouse matches...whoever turns up on the day and has the rub of the green on the day wins!

there is a fine line between confidence and over confidence...unfortunately you guys have crossed it...

ReputationRep:
    That was amazing! Probably Bangladesh's best win and they deserved it! I heard the last bit on the radio and I was pretty surprised and very happy for them. Plus, it's always nice to see the Aussies beaten in cricket. Not 100% sure if England will beat the Aussies-backlash.

ReputationRep:
    The number of people who want subforums is mainly for football. So although majority of people want subforums, the number for F1 subforum isn't much and number for footie subforum is less than those who want no subforums.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flyboy123)
    i agree with bikerx23. The premership is a league and the idea of having a playoff is stupid. There are plenty of cups and tounaments but the league is the league and the guys who get the most points should win. Felt so sorry for matin johnson when you lost that (despit supporting harlequins) well at least he won his testimonial against jonah.
    how could you feel sorry for martin johnson? he's won everything there is to win in rugby.
    if the premiership was to be a league only then somethings would have to change, like the matches during international season, all these prove is who has the greatest players that don't play internationally.
    i think the way the celtic league is(or was)run is the best, there is a league and there are winners of that as well as playoffs, that way its like two competitions in one.
    even johnson himself admits that the format is fair. it also gives teams the chance to bring on less experienced players, the season is long, its hard to expect any top player to give their best week in and week out for that length of time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Pollo Diablo)
    100/1
    Whoever bet that must be a very rich man!!!!

ReputationRep:
    i ride too as much as possible - ranges from once /twice/3 times a week to once a month depending on how money I have

been riding for 5yrs and have been working on and off at the yard for 3 and 1/2yrs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by durhamlad1)
    its quite obvious ferrariism, a discrimination against all things red that are driven by germans, just something you'll have to face in life im afraid.
    Does that include Ralf's toyota?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roxy potter)
    i sense bitterness. first and foremost im a munster-(and ireland of course) supporter but my zurich team is wasps. there are reasons that there is a play off system, its a competition, the playoffs are part of it.
    They should get rid of play-offs, reminds me too much of the Super League and the Championship in football.

ReputationRep:
    The mighty Stornoway RFC.

ReputationRep:
    predominantly white and black you'll find

ReputationRep:
    An australia england final? MAYBE NOT!!! you can never rule bangladesh out!! wot a performance yesterday

England seem to have steadied the boat and are right now at 98-3 with vaughan looking good. Can england beat the aussies once again? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your responce and advice!

But...
    The decimal odds you are refering to are those on willhill.com, I'm sure they were better elsewhere e.g. betfair.com, as it just matches layers and backers and takes a small cut. - They dont have to pay so much for overheads, rent and rates etc.

Freak occurances ofcourse do occur, but very rarely in the political world - the first part the post electoral system and sophisticated forecasting packages mean that it is only the EXTENT of the Labour victory was in question. but anyways, you'd just spread the risk over loads of similarly "foolproof" events and never stake more than you are prepared to lose.

You are (in my opinion) wrong to say that you need high stakes to make any money. A multiplier of 1.02 ofcourse just means a 2% return on the bet - if you are right. Often the growth rate of countries is just 2 or 3 percent PER YEAR. Using "the rule of 72" this means that with a 2% growth rate u'd double GDP in about 36% years. Similarly, if you are making the kind of bets I describe on a daly basis, you ywould double your money in 36 DAYS. Probarbly less if you pull out some of your winnings soon, but still good?

best wishes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChelseaBabe)
    ROFL my sides are aching you made me laugh so much. Why do folks always resort to swearing when someone challenges their view??? :rolleyes:
    Glad to be of help Chelseababe. Don't recall swearing in there anyway. Its just I find people having a go at you for having the temerity to suggest an improvement to the forum. If you don't like it, just say like everyone else did that go on about how I shouldn't be here blah blah blah or I haven't got 10000 posts so im not worthy of saying anything. Sums you up to a T.

BTW The Colonel - you don't swing both ways do ya?

Hang on a second I am a Ferrari fan not a Schumacher fan when he drove for Benneton I h8ed the guy I will love any driver who drives for has driver for us. I stated my passion for Ferrari in my 1st post on the F1 thread and nobody has had a problem with me and my pro-ferrari chat until now. What makes you so special that you can critisize me for choosing my team and sticking with them through whatever happens?
    Interesting, I know a few people who supported Ferrari before Todt, Brawn and Schumacher decided to mess things about and of course the reports that Ferraris team orders antics at Austria had an adverse effect on Ferrari's customers as well as their fans but I'm not going to read into that too much.

I have no problem with you at all chandni - sense of humour is needed thats all which goes for quite a few people I've met on here. Lighten up, its only a chat forum. Its just from the few posts I've seen of you, you were defending MS like he's never put a foot wrong and it seemed on the ever divisive issue of MS, Ferrari and obligatory controversy, we were at opposite ends but I've seen it all before anyway on other forums myself and I've seen quite a few 'characters' who have so much love for Mikey Schumacher and his Ferrari bandwagon - that never gets tired.

Why might I ask, did you hate MS when he drove for Bennetton?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah its an issue, I'll try and "cross post to the lawyers forum/society or whatever they have for it here...

ReputationRep:
    I hated MS when he drove for Benneton because at eh time it was Alesi and Berge in the ferrari's so i supported them at the time then in 1996 it all changed we had Michael and Eddie so I supported them when Rubens came I supported him too and when Schumi and Rubens go I will support whoever replaces them. It is the team I love not any particular driver.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, i'm managing a team in a local league, and the players (12 in total - for a 6 a side team :eek: ) are all great, and enjoy playing footie..

Trouble is, we are stuck at bottom of the division, with only 4 points The team has potential to do well, but just seem to work on their own.. two lads seem to play in a world of their own, and the defence is usually awful, as the defence usually pushes too far up, exposing the back, letting their stikers counter attack very effectively, and so it becomes a one on one with the keeper.. Every time i try and fix the problems, they ignore it and do whatever they like.. Whenever we go and practice, we always end up just shooting at the goalkeeper, not really training all aspects of the game...(unless we play a small match :rolleyes: ).

So, does anyone have any motivational tips, some ways to encourage them to play with more 'urgency', and to tighten our game up? Its quite urgent as we have qualifying matches in 2 weeks, and we need at least a win from either a division 2 or 1 team.

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh I can't stand Reggie :p:

ReputationRep:
    I am a regular user of Betfair myself. I may be wrong but I think the odd were 1.02 on their and even lower with the bookies. Anyway how do you plan to bet on political events everyday? You would only be able to bet on say interest rate changes once a month. There just isnt enough political events to bet on

ReputationRep:
    Just poision the whole of the chelsea team, staff and manager before the start of next season so they all die, but just before this bet everything you can get your hands on on CHelsea NOT winning the odds must be pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Book)
    ...Freak occurances ofcourse do occur, but very rarely in the political world...
    do you mean that it is predictable? if so there will be very low odds. stick to the stock market - higher returns over a long period of time more stability etc..

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.