Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_watson87)
    Will be interesting to see how Murray lasts in this heat in a 5 setter!
    Murray isn't strong enough - in a best of five sets, he will get wasted....he needs to build up, well having said that, henman isn't hugely built up but he's very fit, if you know what i mean, Murrays fitness at Queens was very disappointing, his job is a full-time sportsman, is he full-time the question remains?!

As Pete mentions, he needs to change his attitude on court - he does come across as a spoilt, childish brat, and he needs to mature fast, there's enthusiasm and motivation, but there's also childish rants....i reckon he was one of those players when he was 12/13 who had a name for himself in youth tennis circles with outbursts - i know what the scene is, i had to play a spolit brat/s when i was into county tennis, albeit 7/8 years ago now....the rich kid, carrying his huge bag of tennis rackets, always made me smirk because often players with these big bags, full of rackets and expensive equipment, were useless at playing tennis!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)
    Jesus you are one bitter man. Absolutely pathetic. Good job all evertonians aren't as bitter as you.
    :rofl:
    I'm so sorry :rolleyes: :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Go on then, classify your bitter statement with your view with what's wrong with football and how Heysel contributed to it. Try to avoid the 20 european cups everton wouldve won had it not happened :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    in conclusion sharapova is lush (bristol talk for very attractive)

ReputationRep:
    In conclusion Justine Henin-Hardenne will lose to sharapova when they play. It will be a close 3 setter....the winner of that (if it occurs before the finals) will win the whole thing...

ReputationRep:
    All right. Horry saves the day again. This guy, despite looking like Will Smith, is clutch.

ReputationRep:
    This gloating is very unbecoming. :rolleyes:

The reason Australia's been so p*ss-weak these past few matches is because the team's been indulging in a little too much drinking - and so turning up drunk and hungover to the games.

Once all the players have been publicly shamed in the media, threatened with suspension, and perhaps a new captain is appointed (Ricky Ponting is not fulfilling the role well, methinks), then we will hopefully regain some success.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afireinside©)
    :rofl:
    I'm so sorry :rolleyes: :cool:
    hehe get stuck in derek

ReputationRep:
    Did Fulham ruin football for their other Division 1 (as it was called back then) sides and won the league?

ReputationRep:
    Man Utd ruined football in 2000 when they pulled out of the FA Cup.
    I can't see the same thing happening with Liverpool somehow. Liverpool understand the importance whereas Mn Utd seem to think their very elite and therefore should be made exceptions of everything.

ReputationRep:
    I do sometimes doubt the intellect of my fellow Utd fans, when they didn't see that this kind of take over was on the cards after the move to a plc happened.

Did the floatation ruin football? No, I think the quality of the game in the country has improved massively since then and mostly due to increased investment - better pitches, better grounds, better training facilities and techniques. However there is always going to be the negative side, which is what happens when you give a load of young lads more money than they know what to do with.

The only thing that's ruining football in this country at the moment is Chelsea's underhand transfer tactics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walshie)
    Man Utd ruined football in 2000 when they pulled out of the FA Cup.
    I can't see the same thing happening with Liverpool somehow. Liverpool understand the importance whereas Mn Utd seem to think their very elite and therefore should be made exceptions of everything.
    Actually FIFA ruined football by insisting the united turn up at this stupd world club championship in the first place. I'm afraid it is a total waste of time and is set up so that it is in a convienient place in the season for everyone except the europeans - hardly fair!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChemistBoy)
    The only thing that's ruining football in this country at the moment is Chelsea's underhand transfer tactics.
    I'd agree with that though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    I'd agree with that though.
    I just don't understand what they think they are doing. If I was a Chelsea fan I would be very disappointed that the management are quite happy to let the reputation of the club go down the pan for the sake of Ashley Cole, Frank Arnesen and a 19-year old Nigerian wannabe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChemistBoy)
    I just don't understand what they think they are doing. If I was a Chelsea fan I would be very disappointed that the management are quite happy to let the reputation of the club go down the pan for the sake of Ashley Cole, Frank Arnesen and a 19-year old Nigerian wannabe.
    I blame Peter Kenyon.

ReputationRep:
    I blame Peter Kenyon.
    Yep, he was a **** when he was at United, a leopard can't change its spots.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milady)
    This gloating is very unbecoming. :rolleyes:

The reason Australia's been so p*ss-weak these past few matches is because the team's been indulging in a little too much drinking - and so turning up drunk and hungover to the games.
    That sounds disrespectful to their opponents as well as irresponsible. Can't they be disciplined for such activities?

ReputationRep:
    And who will get the blame? Mourinho and to some extent Abramovich.

ReputationRep:
    And who will get the blame? Mourinho and to some extent Abramovich.
    Mourinho must be involved in some capacity, I can't see a manager like him staying out of transfer business (with the exception of the Arnesen story). Abramovich is the money so has some responsibility too.

ReputationRep:
    What is SCW thinking???

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugb...al/4110284.stm

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.