Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by ChemistBoy)
    What is SCW thinking???

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugb...al/4110284.stm
    He's thinking Jones at 10, Wilko at 12. In all honesty, I think CW is off his trolley. :cool:

Unless it's just a big smokescreen of course, and playing games with the ABs.

The only options he really has is to play Wilkinson, Horgan or Greenwood at inside centre. It's a huge risk to play Wilko at 11, considering the magnitude of the game. We'd have good options off the boot, but can Jonny match up against the NZ's back line so soon after his reintegration? Perhaps through Greenwood, SCW's going with what he knows? A bit of discipline would not go to miss, and as well as marshalling the back line, Greenwood still has the predator instinct. Horgan would be a surprise starter, but he could do a job I suppose. He's played more rugby with BOD than anyone else, and the tour captain msut have some influence on the picking. I doubt the All Blacks will be expecting to line up against a 6'4, 16st centre either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    I blame Peter Kenyon.
    I don't know how he does it but Peter Kenyon seems to get under everyone's skin with anything he does. At United he single-handedly ruined the Ronaldinho deal, completely rubbed up many clubs the wrong way when trying to pinch their players and now since he's moved onto Chelsea he has continued to act with a staggering disregard to any footballing rules. He should stick to the business side of football which he is undoubtedly very good at instead of fouling Chelsea's name in world football.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)
    Go on then, classify your bitter statement with your view with what's wrong with football and how Liverpool contributed to it. Try to avoid the 20 european cups everton wouldve won had it not happened :rolleyes:
    Top english team at the time. Scummy LFC fans kill a load of Italians, get us banned from Europe due to their actions. No apology, nothing.
    We get banned from Europe, no substantial financial income because of this, hence not being able to bolster squad and challenge for Europe when the ban was over.
    Ban over, unable to attract top quality players due to ban and lack of finances.
    Still.. no apology.
    Still we feel the effects of what those fans did. I am in no doubt, had that not happened, that we would still be one of the biggest teams in Europe. LFC benefitted more than we did, and they are the cause of it.
    No apology.

From that, I don't know whether to laugh in your face, pity you, or say nothing at all. So I'll do the latter.

ReputationRep:
    I blame Peter Kenyon.
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChemistBoy)
    Mourinho must be involved in some capacity, I can't see a manager like him staying out of transfer business (with the exception of the Arnesen story). Abramovich is the money so has some responsibility too.
    We sometimes never get to know the full picture with many footballing incidents (e.g. the report confirming Rijkaard approaching Frisk three times was omitted in the judge's report of the disciplinary matter). I'm not too sure on how much Mourinho is involved in the business to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afireinside©)
    Top english team at the time. Scummy LFC fans kill a load of Italians, get us banned from Europe due to their actions. No apology, nothing.
    We get banned from Europe, no substantial financial income because of this, hence not being able to bolster squad and challenge for Europe when the ban was over.
    Ban over, unable to attract top quality players due to ban and lack of finances.
    Still.. no apology.
    Still we feel the effects of what those fans did. I am in no doubt, had that not happened, that we would still be one of the biggest teams in Europe. LFC benefitted more than we did, and they are the cause of it.
    No apology.
    As for not being able to bolster the squad etc. We had no problems on the field after Heysel. Dalglish formed and led one of the best teams the English league has seen. However, Heysel and eventually Hillsborough destroyed the heart and soul of the football club. And how exactly did Liverpool "benefit" from Heysel?! In terms of becoming one of the biggest in Europe - simply ifs and buts. The fact that the super Everton team that was going to dominate the world for decades to come came second to Kenny's double winners the season after says it all. Everton were still a big club in England at the time but had neither the resources or the know-how to keep going. Arsenal had no problems after the ban, nor did Manchester United. Blaming everything on Heysel was simply a nice excuse.

As for laying all the blame on Liverpool fans I'd suggest you read up and do a bit of research as to what happened and what led to the disaster. Yes, some Liverpool fans acted horribly, but a small minority and in reaction to Juventus aggrevation. Hooliganism was a problem in this country for years in the 80s, Heysel was a culmination of all that and with the awful state of the stadium, policing and organisation was a disaster waiting to happen. In terms of an apology, that has nothing to do with Everton. Liverpool have acted with dignity and sincerity with Juventus over the years, most recently this season. The matter has been closed by most people in Europe, why you can't let it go is beyond me. I'm not sure whether you even know what you're bitter about or whether you're spouting rubbish because of your hatred for all things LFC.

Also, football doesn't revolve around Everton Football Club (from a fans point of view it may but thats not what the point of this thread was). You havent come up with a single reason why football was "killed" due to Heysel. I won't hold my breath for one though.

I think Raindance summed it up perfectly, I won't bother continuing with this here.

ReputationRep:
    We sometimes never get to know the full picture with many footballing incidents (e.g. the report confirming Rijkaard approaching Frisk three times was omitted in the judge's report of the disciplinary matter). I'm not too sure on how much Mourinho is involved in the business to be honest.
    He was there at the meeting with Cole, his agent, Kenyon et al. If he had no view to buying the player he wouldn't be there. And as said earlier, JM doesn't strike me as a manager who will let others do the buying and selling of his squad. He's in control of that football club (well, not financially..) unlike Ranieri was.

ReputationRep:
    Wilkinson would be good at 12. He has and con bring down people twice as big as him but deos not have the experiencee of working with Peel so by putting Jones at 11 you can sort that out. It also means you have 2 fantastics kickers on the side and you have the left and right footer which is an advantage for the wide kicks. I think that its a very good idea. Shame that Henson is left out but there are people better than him. Personally i think
    9. Peel
    10. Jones
    12. Wilkinson
    13. Lewsy

Keep Lewsey at full back. He's our in form player there - Murphy hasn't touched him. I can't really comment more on #12 than I already have done, but I'm hoping SCW knows what he's doing. Now isn't the time to slate him.

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ea/4110976.stm

>£17 million for Essien? No thanks. ='3

ReputationRep:
    "The most important thing is not money. My wife put her foot down over the idea of going to a city like London and I have to respect her for that."

i wonder who wears the trousers in that marriage?

ReputationRep:
    Javier Saviola to West Brom! :rofl:
    http://skysports.planetfootball.com/...el=Premiership

ReputationRep:
    Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quality!
    I'm sure Mr Robson will be able to persuade him to join the Baggies, right? :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Just to say hi to those who are not familiar with me in this forum as yet, don't worry you will I am sure and to let you folks know I will try my best in my new responsiblities.

Thanks again to the Mod team for having faith in me.

Cindy x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChelseaBabe)
    Just to say hi to those who are not familiar with me in this forum as yet, don't worry you will I am sure and to let you folks know I will try my best in my new responsiblities.

Thanks again to the Mod team for having faith in me.

Cindy x
    Wooooooooooooooooooooooo :party:

Nice one Cindy!

Cindy's been modermerated! Congratulations!!!

:dancing:

ReputationRep:
    Just tell them there is no 'I' in team.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.