Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    St Johnston is in the scottish First division?!?!

ReputationRep:
    ooo, right raindance your turn again then

ReputationRep:
    I thought that MUrray did really well. He was very comfortable and I reckon shows that he can climb up the rankings pretty well in the next year or so, barring injuries. It should be interesting to see how he does against the seed in the next round-on court 1 probably, with the crowd behind him. Don't know if he'll win, but he'll put up a good fight. And he can volley and manybe should go in to volley more as after all he does play doubles.
    One of the British women got through just now, which is good. And Henman had better buckle down if he wants to do half well this wimbledon.
    Good match going on betweek Serena williams and the other young american.

(Original post by Jump)
    :congrats:
    Yay. Are they actually in Div 1 though?

Ian Wynne won the K1 1000m Silver Medal (kayaking) in the 2004 European Championships. What medal did he win in the 2004 Olympics, and in what event?

(Original post by Jump)
    He won bronze in Kayaking

Edit: I'll guess it was the K9999213231322433322333544 500m
    Lol, yeh... (K1 500m)

:beer:

ReputationRep:
    94? no idea? no idea? :p:

(Original post by ChelseaBabe)
    That is a very sexist remark and the fact that I have been made a sports mod disputes your theory.
    Alot of women/ girlies are taking more of an active view in sports and their opinions should be counted. Don't dismiss a view just because it comes from the fairer sex. More and more women these days talk sense and are not clouded in their judgement just because it has always been like that. Times are a changing my friend.
    Absolutely. I love women... :rolleyes: ... oops! Anyway, you're quite right. Equality should apply in every social sphere, no less so in sport.

Don't ask why I read your post and thought of this song... :confused:

It's a new dawn,
    it's a new day,
    it's a new life for me...
    and I'm feeling good

ReputationRep:
    hmmmm, 93? 95? up or down :p:
    also, is it williams, the team?

I'll answer with what I know...

Williams and *i think* Villeneuve. I can't guess the year though - some time between 1993 and 1999 though! I'll go for bang in the middle... 96. But I'm sure that's wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Based on this tour and the Grand Slam I would put Shanklin in the 22. It's definitely a huge mistake to leave Henson out, everyone talks about the left and right boot combination of Jones/Wilksinson, but Henson with Wilkinson would do the same job, and Henson has more distance on his kicks. If its Jones at 10 and Wilkinson at 12 its a massive gamble, as they have literally played about 15mins of rugby together! By doing this Clive is showing how he likes to be 'unexpected', but Henson can play full back and fly half (he has done both for the Ospreys). Wilkinson is a quality player, but I don't think he'd be right at 12.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChemistBoy)
    What is SCW thinking???

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugb...al/4110284.stm
    Arse knows. His anglo bias has been so pronounced ever since he took over its rapidly reaching a point where i hope the Lions lose - and im far from being a petty 'celtic' nationalist.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, the other girl is not phased by Serena at all! Great match.. I lost all faith in Henman after 2 sets. Good man to prove me wrong! I'm rooting for Marat Safin this time round.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, poor Finnish dude! So close and yet so far.. Well done to Tim, though, a deserved win in the end. I keep thinking, don't the ball-boys and -girls have schools to go to..?

ReputationRep:
    It would be nice for London to win the bid, though I personally think it's going to be Paris in 2012. Every time I see the promo ad on TV, I get into the Olympic spirit.. but if the majority of Londoners and British people can't see the point, then there really is no point! Even though the committee commended London's bid, Ken Livingstone will probably ruin it all by himself..

ReputationRep:
    He did keep me on the edge of my seat! Well he did it in the end

ReputationRep:
    hey congrats...

btw ive never know a girl to be soo into her sports...thats so cool!

ReputationRep:
    I think there's a lot to talk about for Beijing 2008.. anyone care to begin?

Personally, I'm really looking forward to the badminton, gymnastics, athletes and diving!

Oh, and I'm really keen to volunteer for the event. I've heard people talk about the website to sign up, does anyone have an URL?

ReputationRep:
    I cant wait either....especially for the indoor cyclining and swimming
    after last years success by the Brits the next olympics should be ours

ReputationRep:
    LoL! Richard Hill is superb! Moody is next choice after Back not that welsh ginger.

Owen yes I agree maybe better than Corry but nobody would have had a look in if LD had been fit! Anyway RJ seems to have knocked MO off bench duty.

Peel is lucky to be there! Cusiter is playing out of his skin and Cooper....not even gonna bother talking about how poor he is!

Jones - Wilkinson kicks his arse - Jones got lucky JW wasnt playin this 6 nations!

Thomas - What a lame duck! He'll get killed for pace and size in the tests!

Henson hasnt exactly made himself be picked - even scoring those tries today! BOD at 12 Greenwood at 13?? We might see this sat cos Mauger is at 12 even though Umaga is at 13?!

Doesnt matter what ya think about my rugby. I have some contracts lined up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hossy)
    LoL! Richard Hill is superb! Moody is next choice after Back not that welsh ginger.

Owen yes I agree maybe better than Corry but nobody would have had a look in if LD had been fit! Anyway RJ seems to have knocked MO off bench duty.

Peel is lucky to be there! Cusiter is playing out of his skin and Cooper....not even gonna bother talking about how poor he is!

Jones - Wilkinson kicks his arse - Jones got lucky JW wasnt playin this 6 nations!

Thomas - What a lame duck! He'll get killed for pace and size in the tests!

Henson hasnt exactly made himself be picked - even scoring those tries today! BOD at 12 Greenwood at 13?? We might see this sat cos Mauger is at 12 even though Umaga is at 13?!

Doesnt matter what ya think about my rugby. I have some contracts lined up.

Let's hope your contract is not on the coaching side of rugby... you could turn Wales into a crap team with your knowledge!

Watch Greenwood be about 20 miles out of his depth if he plays at centre...

Thomas outdone in size?!!! Ummmmm..... you ever watched him play, he tackles anything and everything!! More than Williams would do.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.