Archive SPTM/0003/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
Lillith Grimore
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
No-stirrups sucks. That's why I do jump lessons!! Sounds good! Matt's lame I took him up the woods to paddle in the stream, and he kept doing mini rears silly thing and then did a proper try-to-make-lilly-fall-off style thing when I tried to close the gate. Stupid animal. However I did manage to bath his legs and tail (it's our Good Friday show on...Good Friday... and I wanted to prepare myself for how difficult it was going to be. Hopefully it'll be ok. I'll let you know too!!
Jump
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
He rides
AnimeBaBe24
Report 14 years ago
yes i have done but might start 2 ride again
at least lara
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i've taken a few lessons recently but i feel like im too old to be good enough to compete any time soon so why add another thing to an already hectic schedule. horses are gorgeous thou
Lillith Grimore
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I got bucked off today. Twice. Once before my class and once during it. Not amused.
Debussy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
that time of the year has come again guys and gals, where 16 muscled men and 2 shrewd yet scrawny cox'ns from the most reputable universities in the land battle it out to see who are kings of the tideway!

i'm sure many of you don't have a clue/care what i'm going on about but, anyone who does fancy giving a shount out?
Sam_B
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
wwoooo!! go rowing!! cant wait to start at uni.

i would say oxford is going to win (only picked oxford cos my friend coxes for her college there )
shyopstv
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
This is going to be the last time I will be able to wathc this a neutral so it is sort of interesting in that way.

GO erm...... Cambridge!
Debussy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i'm backing oxford, i reckon they'll keep going longer seeing as they're HUGE this year! (also, their no. 3 man is fine!)
Johnny 5
Badges: 11
Report 14 years ago
Hell, yes! I'm deciding my UCAS form on this!
Sam_B
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hell, yes! I'm deciding my UCAS form on this!
:eek: which one are u applying to?
Ditzy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Lillith Grimore)
I got bucked off today. Twice. Once before my class and once during it. Not amused.
Ouch, I take it your ok though?

I was the only one not to fall off in my lesson today, yay!!!
Lillith Grimore
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yeah I'm fine, they were fairly slow motion, he just kept bucking and I got tipped fruther from my centre of balance every time until I exited over his shoulder. Just had a painful backside for a while and I may need to go and persuade my chiropractor to put my back back where it should be.
BossLady
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by medic_bex)
that time of the year has come again guys and gals, where 16 muscled men and 2 shrewd yet scrawny cox'ns from the most reputable universities in the land battle it out to see who are kings of the tideway!

i'm sure many of you don't have a clue/care what i'm going on about but, anyone who does fancy giving a shount out?
nope, I couldn't give a damn, I have better things to do!
Now if the competition was open to all unis, then I'd def watch....
Musafir_85
Report 14 years ago
Cambridge will always come ahead of me then oxford
so go Cambridge!!!!!!!!
Font
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
not at all excited! i've not been hooked on the sport yet
Daveo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I want Cambridge to win but sadly I think it'll be oxford.
SamTheMan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Sam_B)
wwoooo!! go rowing!! cant wait to start at uni.
Practice 7 to 12 times a week? It was what I imagined the army would be. After 8 years of the stuff, I stopped last year. I still have nightmares about 2k tests and being shouted at by my stupid trainer.
Noel
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Sorry to hear that Lillith. I got back from the winter championships a few hours ago. I'm knackered! Desmond was a star! He got;

3rd HOYS qualifier (1st one in country)

5th Open 15hd WHP

7th Combined training overall (9th dressage, 6th jumping)

Im so pleased wih him. Going to Uttoxeter on Saturday for a RIHS qualifier with both od them, but he can have a day off in the field tomorrow.
pissface
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Lol. Cool. I had no Idea there was a horse thread on here... :rolleyes: I have five horses. 4 American Quarter Horses and 1 Arabian. I compete with my quarter horses but my Arab is more of a thrill ride... My mare just had a gorgeous bay foal. I'm thinking about taking up jumping with her but I'm kind of scared since I've never done it purposely and quarter horses a wee bit on the stocky side.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (255)
38.93%
No - but I will (45)
6.87%
No - I don't want to (47)
7.18%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (308)
47.02%

Watched Threads