Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JaF)
    Anyone else remember when Arsenal signed a Japanese guy so that they could sell more replica kits. I don't want to sound too cynical but maybe thats one of the reasons why United have purchased Park.
    lol i just said that man.

ReputationRep:
    all this sounds pretty interesting to me. ive got in depth knowledge in football and boxing and im looking to expand into other areas. as a beginner i was wondering if any of u more experienced lads could give me sum good tips. also, do u ever feel the urge to bet more when you know you shouldnt :rolleyes: ?

ReputationRep:
    Betting -not Gambling- is a perfectly reasonable occupation. Gambling is where you are programmed to lose, because you are playing with machines, or playing games where the percentages are always against you. Betting is all about estimations and finding value in the odds, and finding a staking plan which is profitable. The Asian handicap market is growing, and this is where high-stakes and a lot of money can be made, as it offers a variety of markets. To be a full-time bettor, you'd need to making around 10% yield a year, pretty achievable as proof has shown.

ReputationRep:
    Poker is where the money is at, Find out if you can play, and if you can, theres money too be made

ReputationRep:
    ooh never saw this thread before..then again im kinda new

i ride whenever i can..had lessons when i was about 10-13/14 and im 16 now
    now i just go for treks whenever i can..dont have my own horse..im allergic
    but doesnt stop me begging to go riding whenevr poss

going to Arizona this year and gona be western riding wohoo!
    cant wait for that!! hopefully il get a really fast spirited horse
    LOVE those kinda horses
    anyone else tried western riding? or only ride western?
    cant wait to try it
    anyways yeh thats my lil ramble in here for now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rebecca/Becca)
    Yeah, I guess you're right. Argh, it just makes me so mad though.
    *breathes deeply to calm herself down*
    Here have a sweetie. *passes mint to Becca

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GiBB*)
    hey congrats...

btw ive never know a girl to be soo into her sports...thats so cool!
    I just love football and am a great Chelsea fan hence the username. I do try and follow other sports too, especially superbikes and TT races. Strange I know for a girlie, but hey thats me strange. I am sure the guys in the footy thread will confirm this. LOL.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not entirely sure what you've achieved, but you seem happy so well done and all!

You are a sensible girl to love sports... the world would be a sad sad place without them. Please educate more of your people!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trouttrout)
    Another reason why women should not be allowed to follow sport in any way. Stick to tennis and rounders!!! You aint got a clue!

Centres is massive part of defense in a game of rugby? They'll run at Johnny all day and he'll break his glass leg again! Henson wont miss a tackle

You are having a laugh there yeah?! Wilko and Lewsey?! So where's the best centre in the world (BOD) playing then???

SOme knowledge floating around in this topic I must say!
    You make me laugh! Lewsey has played at centre for Wasps and was bloody good! If he held a Welsh passport you would be singing in the Valleys!

BTW this thread is covered by the Offical Lions thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChelseaBabe)
    I just love football and am a great Chelsea fan hence the username. I do try and follow other sports too, especially superbikes and TT races. Strange I know for a girlie, but hey thats me strange. I am sure the guys in the footy thread will confirm this. LOL.
    Do you like biker guys?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t113387-9.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Do you like biker guys?
    Only the clean shaven ones!!! Can't do with beard/moustache rash when kissing!!!

ReputationRep:
    Covered in the link above.

ReputationRep:
    The Olympics shouldn't be about Mr Livingstone but about everything apart from politics!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyGrace)
    ooh never saw this thread before..then again im kinda new

i ride whenever i can..had lessons when i was about 10-13/14 and im 16 now
    now i just go for treks whenever i can..dont have my own horse..im allergic
    but doesnt stop me begging to go riding whenevr poss

going to Arizona this year and gona be western riding wohoo!
    cant wait for that!! hopefully il get a really fast spirited horse
    LOVE those kinda horses
    anyone else tried western riding? or only ride western?
    cant wait to try it
    anyways yeh thats my lil ramble in here for now
    Nope, never had the chance, But one day I'd like to head west and give it a go - the saddles look comfy and they have much more stylish hats than us!

ReputationRep:
    Omg my friend has suggested I go have a horse riding lesson with her!! Should I go?! I'll probably fall off and look thoroughly gay and stupid in front of everyone *looks worried*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red_roadkill)
    Omg my friend has suggested I go have a horse riding lesson with her!! Should I go?! I'll probably fall off and look thoroughly gay and stupid in front of everyone *looks worried*
    Nah, if you go for a beginners lesson chances are you won't do anything more than trotting, which is fine, just a bit bouncy. THe instructors don't want you to fall of either so won't make you do anything hard. Give it a go, you'll bever know until you try

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mirwelsh87)
    If Safin plays to his best he really can beat anybody, even Federer. He definitely runs hot and cold though, so we'll have to wait and see. Good test for him in Philippoussis today.
    Good win for Safin. He is his own worst enermy, such a poor temprement. He should be rivaling Federer.

Greg was unlucky tonight but he cant ever expect to do well with his ground strokes. Without the serve he is 200 in the world at best.

ReputationRep:
    Unlucky Rusedski Good match that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wootty)
    Well-reasoned point you have there. :rolleyes: Another lucrative member of PSV that the Premiership have poached... Park was one of the main reasons an under-strength PSV side nearly got to the final of this years Champions League, and he's not good enough for a Man U side that gave into Milan? Doubtful, severely doubtful. Killing two birds with one stone, asian market will go crazy but Man U have a fast pacey, and NATURAL winger into the bargain, who will add to the team, faster than the majority of the players. 4million? Bargain. Look at Robben, Nistelrooy, Stam, Ronaldo, Romario, Van Bommel, Luc Nilis... all successful exports from PSV, I have no doubt this will be another one, for a ridiculously low price.

hes obviously so good that no one at all said they wanted him at united. then suddenly when hes linked everyone suddenly pretend they know him and think hes really good, just because he has played in a good dutch team. hes not good enough for united. but then again you are getting worse so maybe you want theses relatively unknowns, instead of the players who are the best in their positions? park might do alright but hes not going to be a match winner, which is what the whole united team should be if you want to win things! :rolleyes:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.