Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajdabrill)
    park might do alright but hes not going to be a match winner, which is what the whole united team should be if you want to win things! :rolleyes:
    That doesn't make sense. Not every position is for scoring goals you know. Anyways, Park does score alot of goals.

ReputationRep:
    hes obviously so good that no one at all said they wanted him at united. then suddenly when hes linked everyone suddenly pretend they know him and think hes really good, just because he has played in a good dutch team. hes not good enough for united. but then again you are getting worse so maybe you want theses relatively unknowns, instead of the players who are the best in their positions? park might do alright but hes not going to be a match winner, which is what the whole united team should be if you want to win things! :rolleyes:
    I'm not a United Fan. I support Wolves, and I have a good knowledge of foreign football and one of my favourites are PSV. So, they may be 'relative unkowns' to you, but to me they are just regular players like Scholes or Keane, and I don't think generalising that 'no-one wanted him' there is helping anything. Park is the future, a pacey player, and defenders in the Premiership will be scared of things... yet another player Man U have stole right off the PSV Production line.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    That doesn't make sense. Not every position is for scoring goals you know. Anyways, Park does score alot of goals.

man u are meant to be a team full of some of the best players around. you have players like scholes keane ronaldo rooney van giggs but park is not going to be on ehtat lights up the league like those other names. you are simply getting someone who will improve the team a bit, but that's just because you had lost quality. you should be replacing with a really quality midfielder, someone everyone knows, and can light up the match. park, he just won't. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    man u are meant to be a team full of some of the best players around. you have players like scholes keane ronaldo rooney van giggs but park is not going to be on ehtat lights up the league like those other names. you are simply getting someone who will improve the team a bit, but that's just because you had lost quality. you should be replacing with a really quality midfielder, someone everyone knows, and can light up the match. park, he just won't. :rolleyes:
    Why? Give evidence why he won't light up the pitch. He did it for PSV + the world cup. And which worldclass midfielder have you got in mind, that Utd can get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wootty)
    I'm not a United Fan. I support Wolves, and I have a good knowledge of foreign football and one of my favourites are PSV. So, they may be 'relative unkowns' to you, but to me they are just regular players like Scholes or Keane, and I don't think generalising that 'no-one wanted him' there is helping anything. Park is the future, a pacey player, and defenders in the Premiership will be scared of things... yet another player Man U have stole right off the PSV Production line.

the dutch league is fairly weak though, and south korea or what ever dont play very tough teams. you can see what you like about psv vs ac but even a fairly average to poor liverpool beat ac so thats nothing special. hes not proven against top quality, and just wont be an old traffor great like united should be bringing in. solid maybe, but nothing special.

ReputationRep:
    He IS proven against top quality in the Champions League.

ReputationRep:
    I swear this was the kid that tore up AC milan in the champions league semi final 2nd leg

ReputationRep:
    Why? Give evidence why he won't light up the pitch. He did it for PSV + the world cup. And which worldclass midfielder have you got in mind, that Utd can get?

i dont really care but riquelme or figo or someone whos proven in a tough league and strong world cup competetion. lighting up the pitch for psv is nothing special. he would do if he played for a good championship team which is about how good most of the dutch teams are. in the world cup they were playing at home and were inspired. no one mentioned any names, it was just a great team performance. anyway im just saying that united should be aiming higher then him, and you shouldnt be so chuffed :eek:
    i wouldnt be if i supported united :p:

ReputationRep:
    Match-winning doesn't just involve scoring goals.

Tackles, blocks, saves, passion, determination, all match-winning qualities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oblivious)
    I swear this was the kid that tore up AC milan in the champions league semi final 2nd leg

jeez thats hard! :rolleyes: so did vladamir smicer!!! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    the dutch league is fairly weak though, and south korea or what ever dont play very tough teams. you can see what you like about psv vs ac but even a fairly average to poor liverpool beat ac so thats nothing special. hes not proven against top quality, and just wont be an old traffor great like united should be bringing in. solid maybe, but nothing special.
    PSV were extremely unlucky to lose to AC Milan in the Semi-finals, if you watched them all through, and not just highlights...? They dominated the first leg in large parts, and conceded a late goal at home which took AC Milan through on Away Goals. It was saddening for me. Park tore apart AC Milan (the best defence in the World)... Just think about this, when people like Seedorf/Kluivert/Bergkamp/Robben first came to the European Stage (with the 'big' teams) how many people like you were saying they weren't world-class just because you hadn't seem them on a week after week basis?

ReputationRep:
    Ji-Sung Park will do brilliantly at United. We needed another good midfielder. We have been concentrating too much on the attackers and spending far too much on them. We have a good enough attack force. Now we need players to support the attack and make the goals. United have been very unlucky in many games this season. There were plenty of matches where we have absolutely dominated the game but just couldn't get that goal. Hopefully Park will help the attack enough to get us back up there. That with the fact that we have bought van der Saar means now all we need is one more brilliant defender and not even Chelsea will be able to stop us!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by md_red_uk)
    Match-winning doesn't just involve scoring goals.

Tackles, blocks, saves, passion, determination, all match-winning qualities.
    hmm vague term then? Any decent quality can be classed as match-winning qualities? :confused: :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    What the **** happened to the UFT? This should be in there, don't need to start new threads!

ReputationRep:
    Who do you think will win it? I personally think nobody will be able to stop Federer on grass.

ReputationRep:
    You don't know anything ajdabrill you properly never seen him play so shut your face and stop critising him was ronaldo proven before he came to united? He still young so he hasn't had time to show the world of is football talent. Actually base your facts when you've seen him play properly this kids amazing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wootty)
    PSV were extremely unlucky to lose to AC Milan in the Semi-finals, if you watched them all through, and not just highlights...? They dominated the first leg in large parts, and conceded a late goal at home which took AC Milan through on Away Goals. It was saddening for me. Park tore apart AC Milan (the best defence in the World)... Just think about this, when people like Seedorf/Kluivert/Bergkamp/Robben first came to the European Stage (with the 'big' teams) how many people like you were saying they weren't world-class just because you hadn't seem them on a week after week basis?

...they played for holland, which is high standard of football in world and euro champs.....they were proven already. park plays in a weak national zone and he wasnt the only on ewho could tear apart ac milan. poor liverpool players did it with ease

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jump)
    [s]p[/s]
    STFU N00B
    B I T C H!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robbieblake98)
    You don't know anything ajdabrill you properly never seen him play so shut your face and stop critising him was ronaldo proven before he came to united? He still young so he hasn't had time to show the world of is football talent. Actually base your facts when you've seen him play properly this kids amazing.

lol! we will see then wont we! i like united but i say they should aim higher then park. so you can "shut your face" if you like, but im actually saying that united deserve better then this player you now seem to think is amazing :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    ...they played for holland, which is high standard of football in world and euro champs.....they were proven already. park plays in a weak national zone and he wasnt the only on ewho could tear apart ac milan. poor liverpool players did it with ease
    3-0, to 4-3.. Ease? Good perception you have there. Park has played for South Korea, who qualified for the 2002 World Cup, where were Holland? They didn't even qualify. South Korea went far in the World Cup, beating famous teams, and Holland weren't there, so what's to say Park isn't proven just like Robben, Seedforf, etc..?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.