Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    murray

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajdabrill)
    lol! we will see then wont we! i like united but i say they should aim higher then park. so you can "shut your face" if you like, but im actually saying that united deserve better then this player you now seem to think is amazing :rolleyes:
    Should aim higher? Aim at who? Ronaldinho? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i would class scoring 4 goals against "the best defence in the world" as pretty easy if they did it...which they did. the hosts of world cups always do well. and holland didnt qualify because the teams in their group were so strong, and if you looked they also went far in the world cup and ireland were unlucky to lose out to spain.
    sky blue army

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    Should aim higher? Aim at who? Ronaldinho? :rolleyes:

...you did. but now youre just settling for less

ReputationRep:
    No I'm not.

ReputationRep:
    As Maxwell from Big Brother would say: f*** abaaat.

I'm sorry, but it really pisses me off that people instantly seem to think "ah, he's funny lookin' and from far away, they must have bought him to sell shirts".

Park is a brilliant player, and is a talent in his own right. Yes, he may not make it in the Premiership but that could be down to a variety of factors. If he does 'fail' then feel free to spout your 'they only bought him to sell shirts anyway' rubbish - if United were ever interested in image over substance they would never have sold David Beckham. If they just wanted shirt sales why spend that much on someone from PSV? Why not buy someone straight from the Korean leagues for 1/50th of the cost? After all, they're going to fail anyway they must - They're Asian. And we all know Asians are rubbish at football and can't do anything worthy of playing for a top British side. No no, we can't be having that.

And actually, aside from all that, Koreans are much less into foreign teams merchandise than the Japanese and probably less than the English too. Yes, you find Everton and Man City shirts in China but you don't find PSV shirts in Korea. Nor Feyenoord nor Wolves.

Rant over. But really - why just assume because he's Asian he must be rubbish and only bought to sell shirts?

ReputationRep:
    i would class scoring 4 goals against "the best defence in the world" as pretty easy if they did it...which they did. the hosts of world cups always do well. and holland didnt qualify because the teams in their group were so strong, and if you looked they also went far in the world cup and ireland were unlucky to lose out to spain.
    sky blue army
    I think you're over-rating Man U somewhat. They aren't what they used to be, Chelsea are the 'new Man U', and Arsenal aren't too far behind, no player like Eto'o or Ronaldinho would ever consider a move to Man U. The South Koreans have proved the fittest team in the World by far, also easily qualifying for this World Cup (2006), I would have a bet that they go further than Holland. If Holland are so good how come they couldn't get past the strong teams in there group? The Dutch players are good individually, but team-work is a hard thing to come across these days - Park has that, as that is the mentality PSV instil in there players.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenbarnes)
    But really - why just assume because he's Asian he must be rubbish and only bought to sell shirts?

hope youre not talking to me...i never mentioned anything like that and no one has said he will be rubbish because hes asian :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wootty)
    I think you're over-rating Man U somewhat. They aren't what they used to be, Chelsea are the 'new Man U', and Arsenal aren't too far behind, no player like Eto'o or Ronaldinho would ever consider a move to Man U. The South Koreans have proved the fittest team in the World by far, also easily qualifying for this World Cup (2006), I would have a bet that they go further than Holland. If Holland are so good how come they couldn't get past the strong teams in there group? The Dutch players are good individually, but team-work is a hard thing to come across these days - Park has that, as that is the mentality PSV instil in there players.

the only way they will get back to being the best is to get the better players. surely they dont want to settle for just being the second best team, behind chelsea??? i thought they would have wanted to fight back. oh well apparently not :eek:

ReputationRep:
    the only way they will get back to being the best is to get the better players. surely they dont want to settle for just being the second best team, behind chelsea??? i thought they would have wanted to fight back. oh well apparently not :eek:
    Chelsea wouldn't want Park, because he's not 100% proven. With Chelsea's money they don't need to take the players who haven't been proven on an English level, as Chelsea can go out and pay 30 million... Park is 'unproven' in a sense, as there is a small risk as he hasn't played in Champions League for years, (joined PSV in 2002). Chelsea don't want this risk, as they'll get slated for it.

ReputationRep:
    hope youre not talking to me...i never mentioned anything like that and no one has said he will be rubbish because hes asian :confused:
    I was talking to the people who said
    (Original post by Mad_Monkey59)
    ummm... an attempt to break in to the lucrative asian market perhaps?

can you say Junichi Inamoto
    (Original post by john williams)
    :eek: Exactly what i was thinking before, and that Sun Jihai (sp) from Manchester City who doesnt play much. I know someone is China and Sun Jihai is supposed to be a legend there (well to their standards) and whenever he plays they all watch Man City games and support the team..so you could be right. Maybe thats why it was supported by Glazer.
    (Original post by JaF)
    Anyone else remember when Arsenal signed a Japanese guy so that they could sell more replica kits. I don't want to sound too cynical but maybe thats one of the reasons why United have purchased Park.
    If they're saying they only bought him for shirts then they obviously never bought him for his football ability.

ReputationRep:
    good good. its probably just a bonus to the deal, but could have helped their interest. im sure it didnt put them off anyway

ReputationRep:
    murray
    LOL, imagine if he did.

The only people that can stop him imo are Safin, Hewitt or Roddick. Doesnt look likely.

ReputationRep:
    Rusedski!
    He's already out? Oh, Federer then

ReputationRep:
    Come on the all blacks... show the world how much of a **** CW is!!! Lose first test, then hopefull the other coaches may get a word in and be allowed totell **** head what he's doing wrong!

ReputationRep:
    You make me laugh! Lewsey has played at centre for Wasps and was bloody good! If he held a Welsh passport you would be singing in the Valleys!

BTW this thread is covered by the Offical Lions thread.
    I'd have Thomas over LEwsey anyday... amd ask your self this.... Lewsey has more Welsh blood in him than English. He played for Welsh schools too, but coaches didnt keep him on, didn't think he was good enough; (why I do not now!!) His brother also played for us, but he's not good.

ReputationRep:
    People, your all interested in Rugby right.....

Well im trying to push the mods for a sub forum for all our rugby posts. It makes it easier for us to locate specific threads etc. If you would like to see such a sub forum then please go to http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t124943.html to lend some support for a rugby sub forum.

I have been told by the mods that if I can get enough support on the thread, its possible we will get one. Football and F1 are also up for sub forum status. It makes sense since the sports forum is full of off topic threads etc.

ReputationRep:
    Push for a change!

Well im trying to push the mods for a sub forum for all the big sports on TSR. It makes it easier for us to locate specific threads etc. If you would like to see such a sub forum then please go to http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t124943.html to lend some support for a Football/Rugby/F1 sub forum.

I have been told by the mods that if I can get enough support on the thread, its possible we will get one. It makes sense since the sports forum is full of off topic threads etc.

ReputationRep:
    Top stuff mate! Im deffo using some of them when I speak to my NZ mates!

ReputationRep:
    :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:
    Attached Images

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.