Turn on thread page Beta

Archive SPTM/0003/REC/HPOO watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noel)
    Sorry to hear that Lillith. I got back from the winter championships a few hours ago. I'm knackered! Desmond was a star! He got;

3rd HOYS qualifier (1st one in country)

5th Open 15hd WHP

7th Combined training overall (9th dressage, 6th jumping)

Im so pleased wih him. Going to Uttoxeter on Saturday for a RIHS qualifier with both od them, but he can have a day off in the field tomorrow.
    Well done, that's fantastic!! I can now see that that will be a long way off for Mr Matatdor :rolleyes: The problem is he's fine as long as he thinks it's his idea. The jumping part of the WH was sort of his idea. The show part was definately not. So he got all annoyed and started bucking. We're going to have his saddle checked, cos he's lost weight since we bought it and he needs more work.

ReputationRep:
    2k tests make me cry, but we're not that hardcore, 6 training sessions a week and a mix of land and water based at that. btw WELL DONE OXFORD!!!!!! i knew they'd win!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medic_bex)
    2k tests make me cry, but we're not that hardcore, 6 training sessions a week and a mix of land and water based at that. btw WELL DONE OXFORD!!!!!! i knew they'd win!
    6 training sessions still is pretty intensive when you're lazy.
    2k tests... god. I feel like throwing up when I think about one and already have thrown up after one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noel)
    Sorry to hear that Lillith. I got back from the winter championships a few hours ago. I'm knackered! Desmond was a star! He got;

3rd HOYS qualifier (1st one in country)

5th Open 15hd WHP

7th Combined training overall (9th dressage, 6th jumping)

Im so pleased wih him. Going to Uttoxeter on Saturday for a RIHS qualifier with both od them, but he can have a day off in the field tomorrow.
    Wow, well done, thats amazing, you did really well. Good luck on Saturday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BossLady)
    nope, I couldn't give a damn, I have better things to do!
    Now if the competition was open to all unis, then I'd def watch....
    There are plenty of other rowing races open to all universities - such as the Head of the River Race, which was rowed last weekend over the same course but the other way. However, for reasons best known to themselves, this is the only one that is televised.

ReputationRep:
    Even if it was open to other unis it would still me Oxbridge in the final, maybe Imperial/Brookers/Durham would get a chance every couple of years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Even if it was open to other unis it would still me Oxbridge in the final, maybe Imperial/Brookers/Durham would get a chance every couple of years.
    Although doing a regatta with knockout rounds over the BR course would be an absolute killer!

ReputationRep:
    Yeh I think theyd have to do it over a few weeks if that ever happened, but it wont, so no point in even thinkin about it!

ReputationRep:
    Yeh I think theyd have to do it over a few weeks if that ever happened, but it wont, so no point in even thinkin about it!
    Indeed. Oh my God it would completely destroy people!

ReputationRep:
    What if you treated the University of London as one? Then again, Oxford play Cambridge at rugby, but if London played against them, I'd expect London to give them a good thrashing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    What if you treated the University of London as one? Then again, Oxford play Cambridge at rugby, but if London played against them, I'd expect London to give them a good thrashing.
    Yeah, they probably could. Because if all the London colleges combined they'd have about 5 times the number of students that either Oxford or Cambridge do!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Yeah, they probably could. Because if all the London colleges combined they'd have about 5 times the number of students that either Oxford or Cambridge do!
    Probably more than that considering all colleges rather than undergraduate ones.

ReputationRep:
    There is a ULU Rowing Club, mostly LSE students and they're not that great.

ReputationRep:
    Doesnt really matter, you'd still have to do heats, which is what would kill you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    There is a ULU Rowing Club, mostly LSE students and they're not that great.
    LSE aren't too great at sports generally. Although I've only heard that from students at KCL and UCL so I am aware of the UoL college rivalry etc.

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    New Thread For Anyone That Plays Cricket.
    Anyone Play For A County Or Club?
    How Do You Train? (i Have Seen This Product On The Net Where You Can Buy This Cricket Ball Which Actually Tells You How Fast You Bowl)
    What Are Your Views On Womens Cricket?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone skate at all?
    I bought a 'nearly new' pair of skates last term, in the view of getting competent enough to skate into town or to sainsbury and save some time on travel. and also i think it's quite cool to be able to skate

so far i've mastered going forward and the t-stop. are there any other things i should learn, and how should i go about practising?

ReputationRep:
    aaaaaaaaah i love it when things go JUST the way you want them to any other ipswich fans here?

ReputationRep:
    And for all you know Norwich can bounce back up and Ipswich won't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naymeee)
    aaaaaaaaah i love it when things go JUST the way you want them to any other ipswich fans here?
    I'd like to see that--i'd also like to see Wigan in the Premiership, that'd be cool...how're they doing?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.