Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trouttrout)
    TNS are not reguarded as Wales' best football team!
    Who is? It's just they are the ones in the Champions League qualifiers and since Wales has only one spot they must be the best by coming first in the Welsh Premier Divison. So who are regarded as Wales' best football team? Aberystwyth? j/w

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Death)
    I doubt Roddick and Hewitt can stop him. He has annihilated both of them in the past. And I have the gut feeling that Roddick is going to slip up somehow in the 4th round or in the quarters.
    I reckon the only real threat to Federer is Safin. If he plays like he did in the 1st round match he can beat anybody.

ReputationRep:
    Armchair glory hunter..... right I'm Welsh so we don't win that much. I'm a Cardiff City fan, we don;t win that much. I used to hold a Cardiff CIty season ticket unitl I came to uni. I go to watch Neath and Swansea Ospreys every chance I get when I'm at home... so theregoes your theory on armchair supporter!!!

You a man u fan I guess!!

ReputationRep:
    I just enjoy seeing people fail when they're hyped up.
    So presumably you'd think the same over AC Milan on the basis that their defence is overrated?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Who is? It's just they are the ones in the Champions League qualifiers and since Wales has only one spot they must be the best by coming first in the Welsh Premier Divison. So who are regarded as Wales' best football team? Aberystwyth? j/w
    No, they are the best in the Welsh leagues... Cardiff, Swansea and Wrexham are all better, but play in the Nationwide leagues.

ReputationRep:
    Armchair glory hunter..... right I'm Welsh so we don't win that much. I'm a Cardiff City fan, we don;t win that much. I used to hold a Cardiff CIty season ticket unitl I came to uni. I go to watch Neath and Swansea Ospreys every chance I get when I'm at home... so theregoes your theory on armchair supporter!!!

You a man u fan I guess!!
    Bit rich calling Henman and Paula 'failures' when you support that lot dont you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    i was only joking about long hair. his look just gets on my nerves.lol.the look of his face when he wins gets on my nerves. he just himself gets on my nerves.lol.
    Oh okay then. Should have said.

Speaking of long haired guys, Robbie Savage gets on my nerves but not because of his hair. Don't think I'm the only one here though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Bit rich calling Henman and Paula 'failures' when you support that lot dont you think?
    Not at all. At least my team's play with a bit of heart.... Paula drops out when she's not winning.. Henman just hasn't got it in him, doesn't want it enough! And Wales are grand slam champions!

ReputationRep:
    So presumably you'd think the same over AC Milan on the basis that their defence is overrated?
    Not as such. Works differently in football. Consistency is key in football. Tennis works a bit differently, got to perform n each tournament, Paula needs ot perform well on day of marathon......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    How are the Neath Swansea Ospreys a bad team? Celtic league champions...?

ReputationRep:
    No, they are the best in the Welsh leagues... Cardiff, Swansea and Wrexham are all better, but play in the Nationwide leagues.
    I'd thought you'd mention those teams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sexysax)
    Oh yes of course....as if you could do any better. You probably can't even hit the ball over the net
    I can actually.... But I don't see the point in trying to play something that you're not going to win at. It's NOT the taking part that counts! Who remembers a loser!

ReputationRep:
    I'd thought you'd mention those teams.
    What??? Why wouldn't I?

ReputationRep:
    So what then is the point in having tournaments if say the only people who might have a chance of winning are Federer....Safin...Roddick...Hew itt..

Shall we just have matches between those 4 all year round and no-one else can play

How stupid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sexysax)
    So what then is the point in having tournaments if say the only people who might have a chance of winning are Federer....Safin...Roddick...Hew itt..

Shall we just have matches between those 4 all year round and no-one else can play

How stupid

Good idea that actually.... I might put that forward to the tennis association!

ReputationRep:
    thats quite good for a 14 year old I think.. lol
    I can hit about 250 with a good club, and driving range balls but thats not always straight or consistent. I want to be able to hit 300, and straight, that would be great.

My putting is pretty awful though, thats what lets me down most of the time.

ReputationRep:
    I can actually.... But I don't see the point in trying to play something that you're not going to win at.
    He earns a living out of playing tennis.

ReputationRep:
    Not at all. At least my team's play with a bit of heart.... Paula drops out when she's not winning.. Henman just hasn't got it in him, doesn't want it enough! And Wales are grand slam champions!

Mm, Radcliffe was really good at quitting when she romped home in the London marathon, and previously broke the world marathon record, and won the world cross country championships a million times in a row. And Henman is still one of the best players in the world. Just because he hasn't won Wimbledon doesn't mean he's ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Blazed)
    Mm, Radcliffe was really good at quitting when she romped home in the London marathon, and previously broke the world marathon record, and won the world cross country championships a million times in a row. And Henman is still one of the best players in the world. Just because he hasn't won Wimbledon doesn't mean he's ****.
    Her dropping out when she wasn't winning is still enough to show that she has no heart!!! Easy to keep going when you're winning easy, bit of competition and she starts crying!!!

Tim is 9th in world at tennis..... If he wants to be proud of that... happy days. I still think it's great when he loses!

ReputationRep:
    I wish the sad little ******* ould go and get circumsided on TV. That would be entertaining sport.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.