Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trouttrout)
    Hate to see these mods with a gun, very trigger happy closing threads aint they?! Power trip be f**ked!!!

We need more than one thread mods.... takes ages to catch up on one thread ffs!!!

One was stating henman was out.... this is wimbleodn as a whole, come on!!!
    Actually there were three threads stating the same Henman is out and a loser, thats why I closed two of the later threads. Not point in leaving similiar threads to fade and die when the discussion can be held in just one or similiar post being made just for the sake of making some have a higher post count. As for the who will win wimbledon thread, that is being discussed in here. Aagin post would be similiar if not exact and therefore enabling some to create a higher post count with what amounts to spam!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChelseaBabe)
    Actually there were three threads stating the same Henman is out and a loser, thats why I closed two of the later threads. Not point in leaving similiar threads to fade and die when the discussion can be held in just one or similiar post being made just for the sake of making some have a higher post count. As for the who will win wimbledon thread, that is being discussed in here. Aagin post would be similiar if not exact and therefore enabling some to create a higher post count with what amounts to spam!
    There's no topics saying about Henman losing open now... I agree one would be enough.. but we got none at mo!

ReputationRep:
    You could play with your mod tools and merge the threads together =)

ReputationRep:
    So Henman being knocked out of WImbledon isn;t a big enough in itself to have it's wn topic? Instead all the points have to be lost in this massive topic, which is meant for qibledon as a whole, not for losing your points that you want to make!
    Well the threads were spoilt by idiots posting rubbish otherwise I dont have a problem with them

ReputationRep:
    Henman Hill has now officially been renamed MURRAY FIELD

How the feck did he beat Stepanek!!!!???? :cool:

ReputationRep:
    There's no topics saying about Henman losing open now... I agree one would be enough.. but we got none at mo!

try this :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    Henman Hill has now officially been renamed MURRAY FIELD

How the feck did he beat Stepanek!!!!???? :cool:
    Dont rate Stepanek tbh but good performance none the less

ReputationRep:
    Don't you mean Mount Murray?

ReputationRep:
    try this :rolleyes:
    Yes I saw that one, but that is a topic which was started to take the p**s, not a genuine Tim is out thread... It's calling him a loser!!!!

Good choice to keep open?!

ReputationRep:
    312 beat 13 :eek:
    congrats to murray, i knew he'd do it.
    great match

ReputationRep:
    Yes I saw that one, but that is a topic which was started to take the p**s, not a genuine Tim is out thread... It's calling him a loser!!!!

Good choice to keep open?!
    And you wern't in the other threads??
    I kept it open simply as it was the first and no other reason. Why post a similair thread when there is already on in place??

ReputationRep:
    6 for 3 after 6 overs....

Australia made 266 for 5...

hmmmm. Freddy in now.. come on Freddy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rmyl)
    great match
    He did play well and seemed to know how his opponent would play. Great thinking from someone so young. He deserves the win.

ReputationRep:
    And you wern't in the other threads??
    I kept it open simply as it was the first and no other reason. Why post a similair thread when there is already on in place??
    Upto you. But I think Henman out is more apprpriate topic, tha Henman is a loser!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WQtRiggEr)
    I'd rather see Henson at inside centre and Wilkinson at flyhalf (a bit biased really :p: ) and maybe a little of Shane Williams? Do you think Cueto should get his chance somehow?

Hodgson had a relatively great game against Otagu except for that missed tackle..
    I'd put Wilkinson at 10, Henson at 12 with Jones on the bench. That way there would be the advantage of the Welsh 9,10 and 12 who are used to each other. Saying that you could find an English or Irish combination, but I think the Welsh one has been playing better recently and are more confident. Cueto should definitely be given a shot if things don't work out Sat, at least on the bench for the next test.

It was a great match, but he needs to be careful. The press shouldn't big him up too much, and he recognises this and seems to have his head screwed on. He's not afraid of anyone, not least his mother, and plays like a veteran. His success must be pinned to his temperament, confidence, ability to work the crowd, but also his game. He was focused from the start, and made Stepanek work. Basically, his returns won it for him today. He has, supposedly, a weaker forehand, but he seemed just as dangerous with his backhand. He understands and implements spin on the ball, and slices well. It's not all beds and roses and fluffy bunnies though; first serve ration definitely needs improving, although his second was also promising. Against a(n even) better opponent, he might not get a look in. Would also like to see him develop his net game and volleying. At the end of the day, he definitely has promise. At this stage, we cannot and should not profess more.

ReputationRep:
    Upto you. But I think Henman out is more apprpriate topic, tha Henman is a loser!
    trouttrout... i don't understand why ure being so immature of calling him a loser... henman is great in his way, he is a very good person out of court. Im just a bit frustrated that you have been yanking all this all over the place(the other posts as well) im not saying that you should stop but i just want to tell you. =]

Anyway, i bet murray is going through the third round and go to semi's... i think. =]

ReputationRep:
    Woohoo! Well done Murray! Was delighted with his performance - was brilliant against the number 14 in the world! And a really mature performance. Total contrast to Henman's match. Was disappointed that Henman went out and the fact that in the 1st 2 sets or something, he got 18 break points but only won 2 of them.
    Oh well, bring on Murraymania!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nasht)
    trouttrout... i don't understand why ure being so immature of calling him a loser... henman is great in his way, he is a very good person out of court. Im just a bit frustrated that you have been yanking all this all over the place(the other posts as well) im not saying that you should stop but i just want to tell you. =]

Anyway, i bet murray is going through the third round and go to semi's... i think. =]

Did he lose? So he's a loser!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rmyl)
    great match
    I think Murray was (ranking's bound to go up a bit) 317 in the world.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.