Archive SPTM/0003/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
Xenon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ChelseaBabe)
He did play well and seemed to know how his opponent would play. Great thinking from someone so young. He deserves the win.
Rusedski said that he had given Rusedski some advice on the serve as he had played Stephanek twice in the last few weeks. And it seemed like after a few games, Murray got Stephanek's serve figured out.
Alexdel
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Oh well, bring on Murraymania!!!

No lets not....

Whoever says come on andy every 2 secs for 30 secs between serves and then proceeds to go 'ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh'' when he hits the net shall be shot on sight. Not tennis fans...more like fake attention seekers...
Mark S
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Is there still some hope of getting far, i watched him today against the czech and he played some sensational shots. Murray was 312 in the world, whilst stevenich was 13 in the world.
Rainy
Badges: 2
Report 13 years ago
Dude, see here.
Dr. Blazed
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Murray made Stepanek look pretty ordinary, and he's usually anything but. Sensational for an 18 year old.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Alexdel)
No lets not....

Whoever says come on andy every 2 secs for 30 secs between serves and then proceeds to go 'ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh'' when he hits the net shall be shot on sight. Not tennis fans...more like fake attention seekers...
Ahem! I love tennis and follow all the tournaments. I think it's great that GB have someone who can finally cut it. As for the come on, I say it for each break point and when he breaks, and ohhhhhhs if he loses a point and nets it when he's in a good position. It's not attention seeking, it's showing emotion.
Saagar
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
I can't stand it when anyone shouts "come on" its just annoys me so much. I mean I know they're just syking themselves up but all the jumping around and fist movements every single shot just anger me till I explode.
Rainy
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Saagar)
I can't stand it when anyone shouts "come on" its just annoys me so much. I mean I know they're just syking themselves up but all the jumping around and fist movements every single shot just anger me till I explode.
Oh deary me, poor you. Deal with it. :confused:
Mark S
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
Dude, see here.
lol couldnt have looked hard enough for other thread. Damn.
rmyl
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
its better than when henman shouted F***!!!!! really loudly. I don't mind shouts like come on, some players find it better to vent their anger that way. Swearing is unacceptable really though, especially as it goes out live before watershed
HistoryStudent
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Henman is one of the last great serve and volleyers in the game, and one of the last natural grass court players. He's reached 4 grand slam semifinals and 4 quarterfinals - to do that I'd say you'd have to be very good! I still think he would have made it to the Wimbledon final in 2001 if it hadn't been for the rain, for instance...
I know he isn't likely to win Wimbledon in the future anymore, but I think people should appreciate what his position's been in the last 8 or so years. He's had to deal with the entire nation pinning all their hopes on him, trying to represent British tennis at the highest level almost singlehandedly. I think it's unfair to immediately rip the piss out of him as soon as he exits earlier than normal!
If it wasn't for Andrew Murray, we wouldn't have anyone ready to replace him.
Mark S
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
There's always next year *sniggers*
Logan
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Upto you. But I think Henman out is more apprpriate topic, tha Henman is a loser!
trouttrout... i don't understand why ure being so immature of calling him a loser... henman is great in his way, he is a very good person out of court. Im just a bit frustrated that you have been yanking all this all over the place(the other posts as well) im not saying that you should stop but i just want to tell you. =]

Anyway, i bet murray is going through the third round and go to semi's... i think. =]
Logan
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
its just the right time that ive finished unioversity so i really am hoping to spend my first hard earned cash on olympics
WQtRiggEr
Report 13 years ago
My neutral opinion:
I would want Moscow to get it even if it seems to be the weakest of the bids. I believe Russia is the poorest country out of the others and I think hosting the Olympics would really start to bring the cash in and it would be the ideal kickstart to a large scale development of Russia!

My biased opinion:
London, definitely. I might be in the UK during 2012 and who knows, I may get the chance to bask in the action! Besides, it's time for a major sporting event to go back to England! France had the World Cup '98, England only had the Euro '96. So go Olympics!
eswiftfire
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm rooting for Detroit.
Death
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Grrrrrr!!! Roddick lost the tie breaker!! How could he! Why was the crowd to anti-Roddick and pro-Bracciali anyway?
Economist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It annoys me too and its the main reason I hate Hewitt. However ill still support Murray throughout.
Economist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Death)
Grrrrrr!!! Roddick lost the tie breaker!! How could he! Why was the crowd to anti-Roddick and pro-Bracciali anyway?
Crowd always supports an underdog
Rainy
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Economist)
It annoys me too and its the main reason I hate Hewitt. However ill still support Murray throughout.
Lol, Hewitt's a legend! Rather he won it than Roddick. :rolleyes:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (481)
37.78%
No - but I will (98)
7.7%
No - I don't want to (88)
6.91%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (606)
47.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise