Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    He's had a decent career which he would have settled for before starting his career, but sometimes i just think that the crowd constantly egging him on puts him off and acts as a motivation for the opposition. Also the commentators just build them up i.e. Murray and build false hopes. But to win a Grand Slam you'v gota have that something extra like Sampras, Roddick, Rederer etc do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raindance)
    Lol, Hewitt's a legend! Rather he won it than Roddick. :rolleyes:
    Errr......No. How about HELL no. Roddick is not a show off like Hewitt. Hewitt doesn't stand a chance against Federer. Roddick does, however slight. I want Roddick to win it. However, logic says Federer will simply bouldoze to the title.

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/4124764.stm - still got this guy to count on . He beat the 16th seed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AATTMM)
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/4124764.stm - still got this guy to count on . He beat the 16th seed.
    I dont really like/rate Murray, fine he's had a few good wins, but that always happens to new players when first starting out, then they just become ordinary.

(Original post by Death)
    Errr......No. How about HELL no. Roddick is not a show off like Hewitt. Hewitt doesn't stand a chance against Federer. Roddick does, however slight. I want Roddick to win it. However, logic says Federer will simply bouldoze to the title.
    At least we wouldn't have service game upon service game upon service game, until inevitable tie break a la Karlovic. You can argue that he's developed his game, but he certainly doesn't play pretty tennis. I'd rather a player like Fed or Grosjean won it, purely because their play attracts me and actually wants me to take my racket out and hit some balls. Sport is as much a game as a show.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red_roadkill)
    Omg my friend has suggested I go have a horse riding lesson with her!! Should I go?! I'll probably fall off and look thoroughly gay and stupid in front of everyone *looks worried*
    No, you'll be fine. Honest. It's really really really good fun! And anyway, I saw someone once who fell off just when their horse was standing there - you won't be that bad. But the funniest thing was when Kerry gave Jo a leg up and put a bit too much shove into it and Jo went up...and over the other side...
    On the bright side, Matt's staples came out today and he's back to his usual mad little self, but in a new field with new friends and everything is (hopefully) good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lillith Grimore)
    No, you'll be fine. Honest. It's really really really good fun! And anyway, I saw someone once who fell off just when their horse was standing there - you won't be that bad. But the funniest thing was when Kerry gave Jo a leg up and put a bit too much shove into it and Jo went up...and over the other side...
    On the bright side, Matt's staples came out today and he's back to his usual mad little self, but in a new field with new friends and everything is (hopefully) good.
    Ok right cool I'm gonna go for it!!! Just have to wait until my exams finish...it's so unfair nearly all my friends have completed theirs and I still have 3 to go!

Aww your horse sharesd my name. Did you name him after me?! Come on, I know you did!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raindance)
    At least we wouldn't have service game upon service game upon service game, until inevitable tie break a la Karlovic. You can argue that he's developed his game, but he certainly doesn't play pretty tennis. I'd rather a player like Fed or Grosjean won it, purely because their play attracts me and actually wants me to take my racket out and hit some balls. Sport is as much a game as a show.
    Well I agree that a large part to Roddick's success is owed to his serve. Some of the shots he plays, especially with the forehand, are quite 'pretty'. Damn I wish I could do those. Roddick just needs to reduce unforced errors in order to continue playing longer rallies. But cmon you have to admit...how cool is that serve??! :cool:

Btw...I agree that the Roddick v. Ivo Karlovic match was a little monotonous. However, it makes it all the more exciting when the opponent is able to get to Break point on his serve game.

ReputationRep:
    He gets on my tits a little bit, he over-reacts to bloody everything!

Sure he's good, but he's been playing tennis and nothing else since he was 3. He even quit his education to focus on it. It's too hard to tell how he'll get on but his match against Nalbandian should be interesting.

ReputationRep:
    I like NBA, but I dont support any team, wish I had one....

I sometimes download NBA highlights and matches (mainly NBA Action): http://bt.davka.info/

ReputationRep:
    Hewitt of three years ago would beat Roddick of today. However if they where to play now I would naturally favour Roddick because of Hewitt's injury problems

ReputationRep:
    Roddick of the 2003 season would beat even Federer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Death)
    Roddick of the 2003 season would beat even Federer
    Never. No-one can touch Roger apart from Safin. Roddick played to the best of his ability last year with Federer playing distincty average and he still won 3-1.

ReputationRep:
    He's a legend..loving him. So much better than Henman the sap, Nalbandian will be a really difficult challenge for him.

ReputationRep:
    Here we go... Murrymania...... get a grip people. He aint going to win!

ReputationRep:
    I have a horse! I love him to pieces! He's a 14.3HH black thoroughbred x show pony (Diptford bred) with a star and a tiny sock on his left hind leg, and is called Sid. He's rising 9 (or may have just passed it, I'm not quite sure when he was born) and I've had him for about 2/3 years now. He's very sweet in the stable, and, contrary to most thoroughbreds I've encountered, is relatively sane. He's normally pretty bombproof and safe, even in show environments, which makes a nice change from my old pony, who was a bit of a nutter (show ponies... who'd have em?). I've been doing mostly dressage with him lately, and he's far exceeded my expectations. Aww.

Though I have to confess, his looks were a major factor in why I bought him. The temperament (stupidly, on my part) almost pure luck, although I had promised myself not to be as entirely blinded by good looks as I had been with the previous (nutter) pony.

Hope everyone else is enjoying their summer with their horses! Good luck with competitions etc.

ReputationRep:
    I think he is far too overhyped. However he is starting to convince me that he does have some potential even though I dont rate Stepanek. I dont like his attitude, reminds me of Hewitt but ill support him no doubt. I would be surprised if he beat Nalbandian although he hasnt had the best year.

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering and asking in a nice way, but all of you lot who actually say Henman is really good, do you actually believe it or are you saying it because hes british and your patriotic?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    I think he is far too overhyped. However he is starting to convince me that he does have some potential even though I dont rate Stepanek. I dont like his attitude, reminds me of Hewitt but ill support him no doubt. I would be surprised if he beat Nalbandian although he hasnt had the best year.
    Grass is not his favoured surface, so he'll never make it in the most pristigious event in tennis...

He'll never be as good as Henman either, so he aint really got a lot to offer!

ReputationRep:
    It really annoys me, this overhyping business. Henman was never going to win Wimbledon, but you get the people who come along once a year saying he is going to win when they dont know any better. As a result when he loses everyone thinks its a disappointment and he's useless when quite frankly I have expected him to lose at the stages he has done over the past 10 years. I wouldnt have had of thought he would have beaten Samprasx2, Hewitt and Goran in his semis but he did well to reach that stage

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.