Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saagar)
    Just wondering and asking in a nice way, but all of you lot who actually say Henman is really good, do you actually believe it or are you saying it because hes british and your patriotic?
    Henman is a good player but not good enough to win Wimbledon. Never has been and never will be

ReputationRep:
    Well if I was British I wouldn't call Henman good even if some maniac had me hanging from the top of a 20 storey building and told me that I had to say it in order to live!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trouttrout)
    Grass is not his favoured surface, so he'll never make it in the most pristigious event in tennis...

He'll never be as good as Henman either, so he aint really got a lot to offer!
    Thought you didnt like tennis? If so how can you make a comment like that. However I dont think he will be as good as Henman either although he has some potential.

(Original post by Saagar)
    Just wondering and asking in a nice way, but all of you lot who actually say Henman is really good, do you actually believe it or are you saying it because hes british and your patriotic?
    Neither. He's British, a resonable tennis player, and a good role model. At the end of the day, he's a very good player, but there will always be an Ancic, Roddick, Safin, Fed, whoever in this world who is better than him. I get behind people that I like, and the success of a player is not the most important criterion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Death)
    Well if I was British I wouldn't call Henman good even if some maniac had me hanging from the top of a 20 storey building and told me that I had to say it in order to live!
    You obviously dont know much then or are exceedingly stupid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Thought you didnt like tennis? If so how can you make a comment like that. However I dont think he will be as good as Henman either although he has some potential.
    I don't like tennis, but can still make that commment I think. Why can't I?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Death)
    Roddick of the 2003 season would beat even Federer
    Roddick lost to HENMAN in the Paris Masters in 2003, on a hard court... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Grass is not his favoured surface, so he'll never make it in the most pristigious event in tennis...

Didn't think you thought Henman was any good either

ReputationRep:
    I don't like tennis, but can still make that commment I think. Why can't I?
    Well presumably if you dont like it then you dont follow it and therefore wouldnt know much about Murray or be able to judge how good he is

ReputationRep:
    hmmm....england r losing and its all gone quiet here!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure about murray, but I quite like him apart from his stupid loyalty to scotland. However Henman is a great player, making 4 semis of wimbledom and 4 quarters, also top ten in the world, think what that actually means!

ReputationRep:
    Can Henman even be called 'good' anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilko_777)
    Can Henman even be called 'good' anyway?
    Of course, why not?

ReputationRep:
    It's a pity Murrays brother isn't having the same success at the moment as well.

ReputationRep:

You have no real right to say that. As yet, we can say that he has potential and is showing great signs. He is miles better than Henman was at that age, so to say that he won't be as good as Henman and having o basis as to say that is a pointless comment. Get behind the boy, give him time to mature and the signs are good. His fellow competitors wouldn't rate him that high now and especially in the future if they didn't think that he was good.

ReputationRep:
    new boy wonder is a bit farfetched. ok, he's british, so i guess it is quite shocking to have a good tennis player.. but he's hasn't got far enough yet to be called a "boy wonder". it's very impressive the way he's been playing over the last few weeks, but let's just wait and see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rpotter)
    I'm not sure about murray, but I quite like him apart from his stupid loyalty to scotland. However Henman is a great player, making 4 semis of wimbledom and 4 quarters, also top ten in the world, think what that actually means!
    One problem was that after his forst match, people kept saying english player instead of British, and seeing as he's scottish and not brittish, he tried to make people see their error and remember where he's from. It's like telling you guys that you're scottish!

ReputationRep:
    Ah bad game.

ReputationRep:
    very bad, the lead was just too much =*(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Widowmaker)
    he scrapes past every opponent and gets through the tournament on crowd support alone. I don't hate him though, although his ariel adverts are quite annoying though.
    well don't promote it here then

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.