Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Just dont like it when people lie to be honest
    I don't believe this. I was exaggerating in order to make it sound a little funny. Don't comment on other people if you are going to take everything so seriously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Death)
    I don't believe this. I was exaggerating in order to make it sound a little funny. Don't comment on other people if you are going to take everything so seriously.
    Saying Henman isnt good, very original. Dont comment if you arnt going to post anything constructive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Death)
    Very, very tough match for Roddick. To be honest he played well but his forehand shots were significantly weaker than in the previous match an at Queens. However, all credit to Bracciali who played like a top 10 seed. Seriously...some of the shots he played made me dizzy. I cannot believe he is only 120th in the world.
    Roddick is really boring to watch, he just sits at the baseline and his first serves can sometimes be quite crap. At least Bracciali forced him to serve and volley. When roddick did come up to the net, he was absolutely appalling and the lob by braccalli was brilliant.

Overall I dont think Roddick deserved to win.

ReputationRep:
    I know, Roddick is in a different class now, I was just saying that 'the Roddick of 2003' wasn't invincible. Can't believe Safin is out, I was looking forward to seeing him play in the big matches of the 2nd week, I really thought he was gonna go far. Ah well, its really only up to Roddick to beat Federer now then...not sure if anyone else left can...but there's always a few surprises.

ReputationRep:
    Your Welsh for a start so its not up to you! Go felch Jones' arse somewhere else!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Chueco)
    beat Fed :rolleyes:
    Federer is the god. When Safin beat him in the semis at the aussie open he wasnt playing to the top of his game but Safin played the match of his life

Unless Hewitt can pull something out of his backside and beat Fed, it's looking more and more likely to be another Roddick-Federer final, methinks. Really, it has to be out of those 2, then Ancic Hewitt. That said, I feel that Grosjean, Lopez, maybe even Johansson or Gasquet could progress reasonably far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lillith Grimore)
    Yeah I thought "Now what can I name my horse that will be a completely dumb name for a horse to have...I know, Matt!" He came to the yard dubbed 'Matador' (which is now his registered name) but that's a bit of a mouthful for a yard name so we shortened it to Matt. It's bad luck to change a horse's name...and he kind of gets who you're talking about when you yell "MATT!" really loudly at him, so it helps not to change it. He came over when I called him in yesterday! Bless...

Let us know how the horsing around goes
    Awww your horse sounds very cute indeed.

I am going next saturday I do believe. Should be interesting! What should I wear, by the way?!! All my clothes are pretty boy pinks and yellows with jeans and inappropriate shoes. Will I need proper horsing gear?

ReputationRep:
    your right with jones being a consistent kicker, its just a shame he's not a consistantly good kicker....If your looking at the place in respect to the performance on tour so far, it would be hodgson who would fill the no. 10 slot - since he has been almost flawless (bar one missed tackle in the most recent match...)
    The important thing is though, i am sure the situation is only temporary anyway - as SCW will have chosen who he wants at no. 10 - its just been simply too close so far...

ReputationRep:
    Bloody Pistons

ReputationRep:
    wow, this thread died

hehe :p:

ReputationRep:
    Hehe :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mockel)
    Hehe :O
    :mad:

laugh all you want, but you'll be sorry when the sports trivia comes back to haunt you :mad: hehe :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jump)
    What year did Damon Hill win the F1 championship and which team and who was his team mate?
    Renault Williams and Nigel Mansell?

Nah it wasn't look

ReputationRep:
    all we need now is jump :confused:

(Original post by rmyl)
    all we need now is jump :confused:
    You're the Quiz Mistress, just ask another question and get things moving again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alchemy)
    Bloody Pistons
    I cried when the Pistons didn't win...

but Duncan deserved the MVP...for the season and the series.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest I think the Roddick might suffer from that 5 setter. It is quite tiring plus he has to play 3 times in 3 days which can be also physically tiring. Roddick, who is at times a little over confident might also suffer psychologically as he was probably expecting an easy win over Braccaili. Therefore I wouldn't bet too much on Roddick getting past Coria et al. Perhaps he will beat Andreev without much trouble but Andreev won't give up without a fight and will tire Roddick out ever further. I wouldn't be too surprised to see Coria or Nabaldian in the finals (I am a little pessimistic about Andrew tomorrow. I support him over Nabaldian any day but if Nabaldian plays like he did against Hewitt in the Australian Open then Murrey will have no chance)

ReputationRep:
    Agreed. If Safin could have bottle that performance and used it all through the year he would be at the number 1 spot.

http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/score...y5/1104ms.html
    Check that out! 90% points won on 1st Serve! More than twice as many aces! No wonder Safin couldn't break him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raindance)
    Unless Hewitt can pull something out of his backside and beat Fed, it's looking more and more likely to be another Roddick-Federer final, methinks. Really, it has to be out of those 2, then Ancic Hewitt. That said, I feel that Grosjean, Lopez, maybe even Johansson or Gasquet could progress reasonably far.
    Johansson isn't that talented. Someone like Tursunov who has the talent but hasn't been able to perform as well due to injuries may go further in this tournament.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.