Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is there a site or something that has a list of football shirts and the dates they run to and from? When i look at websites they sometimes dont say or differ from site to site.

Hope you can help.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Are women's single final tomorrow or on Sunday?

ReputationRep:
    Don't wear trainers or wellies as these can get stuck in the stirrups. Jeans should be OK if you don't have jodphurs, but ideally jods are the best. Don't wear stuff that flaps in the wind or can get caught on branches etc, but do wear clothes you don't mind getting dirty. Take waterproofs and a change of clothes if it is going to be wet (nothing worse than clinging, wet clothes). I guess you'll be provided with a hat and body protector and stuff, so that's OK.
    Other than that, good luck and have fun!

ReputationRep:
    Woo go Spurs!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red_roadkill)
    Awww your horse sounds very cute indeed.

I am going next saturday I do believe. Should be interesting! What should I wear, by the way?!! All my clothes are pretty boy pinks and yellows with jeans and inappropriate shoes. Will I need proper horsing gear?
    Find out before hand what you can borrow (my riding school hires out boots and hats) And also whether you'll be riding indoors or not. Where abouts do you live?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    From conversing with him over a significant period of time, I believe hossy knows significantly more than you about rugby....and am sure he could play it to a significantly high standard to embarrase the arse off you...
    Even more importantly, he isn't following they typically blinkered welsh sterotype of an idiotic taffy rugby supporter - and dont say I dont have a clue what i'm talking about - i went to school with a welsh international who played in the six nations, and plays for cardiff - and have trained with this years blues squad....
    game over - hope jones and thomas proves us right tomorrow!
    Well.... Pity we'll never get to see whether he would or not. I've palyed to a fairly high standard too.

By the way, when it comes to rugby, there's noone more knowledgeable than the Welsh... it's our heritage....!

Who'd this international you went to school with. I went to school with two current Neath and Swansea Ospreys players, a curretn LLanelli player, and a current Cardiff Blues player, also played rugby both with them, and against them... all four of them have a very likely chance for playing for Wales in the future Two I'd say will definately play for Wales in the near future.

And as for blinkered welsh stereotype.... I'm telling the truth.... Jones at 10.. simple as! Charlie f**king Hodgson... a bottle of lilt has more bottle than him! Wilko... when he isnt hiding behind the forwards he's getting his leg caved in....

ReputationRep:
    wallabies currently 31-zip and its not even half time.

Stephen Larkham; Bernie... is the absoloute best freaking 10 in the world, go Maestro!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    oh how the aussies are dominating.... I reckon the performance is good enough to warrant an "aussie aussi auissi oi oi oi" how good was that lote try!!! or well.. all of them for that matter...

ReputationRep:
    69-21 I believe that warrants a spanking, our boys did us proud! C'MON THE WALLABIES!

LOTE , LOTE ,LOTE WHAT A LEGEND.

ReputationRep:
    the game is so much more exciting when Gits is at 12~!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swifty)
    Are women's single final tomorrow or on Sunday?
    There's still a week of play left, the final is on next Saturday.

ReputationRep:
    oh boy, i can't wait for the finals. It would be quite a shock if federer would not win

ReputationRep:
    What a great show by the lions! Especially their lineouts, they were absolutely brilliant! :p:

I think they've got a lot of work to do if they are to come back. 21-3 isn't a small margin!

ReputationRep:
    Excuse me but that was a poor display by the Lions! New Zealand played to their advantages, the Lions didnt!

I cant talk for long but there are a few players I would like to take issue with.

Peel - What the **** was he doing?! He slowed all the Lions ball down and in the scrums he nevere put the ball in! As soon as Dawson came on the Lions backline was given some ball time!

Byrne - God damn worst player on the pitch! Lineouts?! Has he ever thrown one?!

Robinson - Dont bother playing him if all he wants to do is kick!

Will talk later about this all but there is alot of stuff to talk about here!

ReputationRep:
    And poor old Brian O'Driscoll. His loss will definitely have a great impact. First Dallaglio, now O'Driscoll. This tour is turning into a disaster!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hossy)
    Excuse me but that was a poor display by the Lions! New Zealand played to their advantages, the Lions didnt!

I was being sarcastic there :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nasht)
    oh boy, i can't wait for the finals. It would be quite a shock if federer would not win
    True, I want a Roddick and Ancic final!!!

ReputationRep:
    ahaha.. I was thinking about safin going all the way, and realized he is not god enough. And roddick is just found out, he's got the world records fastest server... whopping 140mph.. or was it kmph

ReputationRep:
    Agreed....may decide a "send the mullet man home" society...he just didn't turn up to the contest... and if you can make thompson's line out throwing look good!
    Surprisingly, jones and peel half partnership did not work well - Jones missed sooooooo many tackles, while wilko was imperious in the position - someone who can slam collins back on full tilt is a seriously physical player - hope to see him back at 10 for next week. The two best players though were greenwood and ryan jones! very worried about hill and o'driscoll tho - they would have been two of the main protagonists for the side...and they were both in my fantasy rugby side!
    Lewsey looked uncomfortable on the wing...you need to get him back at full back, and SCW needs to tell his back 3 to actually do some running...their feet must be killing them after all that booting around they did.
    Gareth thomas wasn't very present in the game either...although i cant argue with some of the tackles he put in...
    also, i think grewcock has made himself a place...putting in more aggression to the side and somehow managed to keep himself away from that little corry-collins ruck!

I would just love to see cusiter-hodgson there for next week...after todays performance they really deserve a run-out, and despite the conditions the lions need to do something creative - picking and driving, going up the no. 10 channel and kicking was all they did today - i know the conditions weren't good for it, but with the quality backs we have, a bit of expansive play would atleast have been worth giving a go! although...with o'driscoll out that may have knocked the confidence out of all they're drills.etc.

I am sure they will come back for next week atleast....they could hardly play any worse
    also...how on earth, with a weight disadvantage, were the NZ pack dominating? the three big men up front should have been destroying them...

One last point....i think there was a bit of "home advantage" with the reffing...and there did seem to be two sets of rules for the same team (e.g., not arguing with the o'connell binning - he was an idiot - but Ali Williams did something similar and nothing happened. Also, pulling down occured a lot and was blatant - they should have been binned for that too - professional fowl as it is...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    We'll probably get our act together after that, so I still think we'll beat New Zealand, we can't play that badly twice!
    We would need to get our act together. 21 - 3 is a joke!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.