Turn on thread page Beta

Archive SPTM/0003/REC/HPOO watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarforaz)
    anyone watched the bangladesh vs australia ODI?
    shocking... absolutly shocking...
    they were doing so well 113-2 (well thats not bad for Bangladesh) and then suddenly 139-10 just shocking...
    Thats not bad for anyone. 113-2 at 20 overs is a decent score even for Australia. They were 96-3 against England if I remember correctly the other night.

ReputationRep:
    Here's one.
    Whats the difference between the All Blacks and the British and Irish Lions?
    21 points to 3

ReputationRep:
    Surely that joke should therefore read "whats the difference between the all blacks and lions? 18 points."

ReputationRep:
    well bangladesh got slaughtered... australia got 140 with no loss (19 overs)

ReputationRep:
    pretty convincing victory I reckon.... dosent this mean Australia is now on top of the ladder? lol.. fancy that.... plus we beat Italy at rugby! all in all a good day for aussie sport

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Sub)
    pretty convincing victory I reckon.... dosent this mean Australia is now on top of the ladder? lol.. fancy that.... plus we beat Italy at rugby! all in all a good day for aussie sport
    England still have the extra point because they have won a match more (I think).

ReputationRep:
    I agree. It's a joke!

ReputationRep:
    Well that was a fun riding lesson today!! The horse I usually ride was lame so I was put on the most evil pony in the world!! I swear this thing has a hit list and everyone is on it!! I've fallen off the damn thing more time than I care to remember because the little **** knows exactly how to get his riders off. We were jumping and he always backs off coming into the fence, so you ride him forward, he jumps it twice as high as he needs to, unseats you, lands, sticks his head between his legs and bucks!! He didn't suceed in ditching me today, but it was very hit and miss!! He shows no remorse once he's got you on the floor either, you can just see the look in his eyes and he's laughing at you!! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stratomaster)
    Of course you're not. You're never too old. Geez there's a pensioner at my club who must be in her 70s or more :eek: Anyone can play.
    lol thats nothing - when i visited my parents friends in florida - there were loads of 70 + playing tennis on some huge estate like thing - and its boiling over there

ReputationRep:
    U are not too old to start now.
    I started badminton when i was in year 10 and now look at me, im playing in the top league 2 years later and am ready to go to uni next year.
    Its never too late.

If u are motivated into whateva sport u are interested in then u will excel through that sport.

U will be a good tennis player when u go to uni and who knows, u may play for the team and win some trophys.

Woteva u do dont give up.

ReputationRep:
    cool, thanks guys

ReputationRep:
    has he played yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScaryFairy2)
    has he played yet?
    He's playing right now... he won the first two sets and then lost the third set 6-0 but he's been strong in the forth set. He was so near to winning the fourth set but now Nalbandian's at 5-4
    Murray seems to be losing steam and getting frustrated. He's scoring a lot of points off Nalbandian's mistakes and not being that aggressive any longer.

ReputationRep:
    oh ****... he's lost the fourth set. I don't know if Andy can come back in the last set.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    oh ****... he's lost the fourth set. I don't know if Andy can come back in the last set.
    Agreed, If he only won the 3 break points in the previous game it may have all been over now :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pav27)
    Agreed, If he only won the 3 break points in the previous game it may have all been over now :/
    so close... Oh well, you never know what might happen in the last set. He might surprise everyone.
    He looks a bit fragile compared to the other player to be honest and getting some physio work done at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    Aaaarrrrgggghhhh! Murray had the game to beat Nalbandian but not the stamina. I hope that he does improve his stamina considerably as I'm sure we are all eager to see him do well in other big tournaments, and for those, he'll need to be able to last perhaps 1,2 or maybe 3 5 set matches. I guess before, he hadn't really played 5 set matches and wasn't sure how much stamina was required from them. Hopefully he can build on these experiences and improve on his fitness and then we'll see him excel on the world stage.
    I hope that when he goes back to those challengers which are not 5 setters and will not require as much stamina, that he won't forget to work on his fitness. All I can say is that he'd best learn and grow from this experience. Pity he couldn't win today but it was well played from him initially and a gutsy performance. But he will be gutted and kicking himself about blowing his chances but he'll overcome that and he'll have plenty of other chances and will be real title contenders later if he improves his fitness.

ReputationRep:
    He seems to be a bit petulent (sp?) on the court, after losing some points. Great to be frustrated with yourself but you've got to put things like that out of your mind. But hey, he's 18, he has bags full of talent but needs to work on his fitness which is one thing you can work on. He's a potential star. He should take loads of experience from today and if he does he'll be a much better player for it.

ReputationRep:
    I was so sure he had that game, He should've just given it all it got in the 3rd set.

ReputationRep:
    the other guy was pretty fat i could see it bulging out of his teeshirt

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.