The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I nearly cried at the end of that match :redface: He tried so hard and wanted it so badly :frown: He must be so angry, being so close but not being able to carry on as normal. Ah well, he tried his best.

And how cute is his brother Jamie? :love: Wow! :biggrin:
I went to the match, most exciting thing was watching the bangladesh fans dressed as tigers turning up
Reply 1842
*Sub
dosent this mean Australia is now on top of the ladder?

Nope
Reply 1843
Marcus505, in answer to your statement that 'why is it, when we talk to god we're praying, but when god talks to us we're schitzophrenic', maybe because god doen't exist?
Reply 1844
Aaahh, bad luck Andrew Murray!!!
Reply 1845
Bad luck Murray!
Reply 1846

Just as well the Lions have a 45 man squad, looks like everyone will be needed!
Reply 1847
bikerx23

Also...danny grewcock getting cited for biting - what an animal!

Umaga and Mealamu should be cited as well for deliberately trying to injure BOD, it was totally uncalled for and leaves a sour taste IMO.
True...sadly though they kept trying to show the replay on sky this morning and it pans away for the crucial moment - so they might have just got lucky with that one...
It is the case in league recently where a couple of oz players have recieved significant bans for "double teaming" in such a manner which caused a back injury to the player they speared...so its not unprecedented - but you can tell from the reports of BOD fuming that they will see some of this coming back to them....
If grewcock doesn't get cited for biting this time, you can be sure he does in the next game as a mark of revenge! Tana wont have any ears left....Doing it tyson style!
was a great performance today. you could tell he'd really given it everything. and to take the 18th seed to 5 sets and get to the 3rd round will no doubt be pleasing for him in the coming weeks when he reviews it.
bestdeceptions
I nearly cried at the end of that match :redface: He tried so hard and wanted it so badly :frown: He must be so angry, being so close but not being able to carry on as normal. Ah well, he tried his best.

And how cute is his brother Jamie? :love: Wow! :biggrin:

I wanted to cry too! And as for Jamie...well hot stuff!! LOL He is very cute!!!!
Give it a couple of weeks and he'll be getting knocked out of lower tier challenger tournaments :rolleyes:
timhenman
Give it a couple of weeks and he'll be getting knocked out of lower tier challenger tournaments :rolleyes:

Jealous? :p:

Feel really sorry for Murray!
Needs to go do some serious body building and fitness work!
mc_watson87
Jealous? :p:

Feel really sorry for Murray!
Needs to go do some serious body building and fitness work!

Yeah, he outplayed the opponent in the first two sets. Was a shame about that "correction" line call.

Now he needs to get in the gym and increase his stamina!
ScaryFairy2
Hey

I'm nearly 15, but after watching wimbledon I want to play tennis. Not at an amazing standard or anything, but taking it quite seriously. Am I too old to start? I know most ppl start when they're about 3 or somthing. I used to play quite a lot when I was 8/9/10 but stopped when I got older.

Have any of you fine people started playing tennis later in life? (OK 15 is hardly later, but compared to all the tiny kids I see wacking balls around at my local club...)

any help appreciatd! :tsr:

Course you're not too old to start!

Pistol Pete only started properly at 13 apparently!
ScaryFairy2
Hey

I'm nearly 15, but after watching wimbledon I want to play tennis. Not at an amazing standard or anything, but taking it quite seriously. Am I too old to start? I know most ppl start when they're about 3 or somthing. I used to play quite a lot when I was 8/9/10 but stopped when I got older.

Have any of you fine people started playing tennis later in life? (OK 15 is hardly later, but compared to all the tiny kids I see wacking balls around at my local club...)

any help appreciatd! :tsr:

Never to late!

Go for it! :cool:
IZZY!
What the hell is wrong with him. He is world number 5 and lopez is 25th. Safin loses so badly.

Major shame he's out already! =(

Plays some well sexy tennis wen on form!
Wow, either I've been brainwashed by the ways of british thinking or you lot are really cynical...

Sport is about entertaining. What's the point of watching it just to see the higest seeded players just win all the time, surely it gets monotonous? Simply supporting Federer or a "foreign player" to see them win; I just don't get a kick out of that. But to support a player who shows commitment, and that spirit that goes along with it; albeit Henman being a little below par with the other wimbledon players, I msut admit; but I 'd rather watch him battle it out with determination than just too see a straight win with no surprises.

Henmania has become a part of wimbledon for me; and although I don't think every year is "his year" or do a strange fist action and orgasmic expression (yes, at the same time:P) at every point, I get entertained by the overhype of the victory hungry british public, jsut extra fuel to spark the fire. British players contribute so much to the entertainment aspect of Wimbledon. I for one would be disappointed if Henman gave up this year, I'm jsut so used to watching him play.

Murray mania has already sparked though; when he was playing Nalbanian or whatever his name was, people were booing when Murray lost a game on Nalbanian's sever, what a joke!:P! These British people slay me:biggrin:
There's Swiss Farm campsite nearby but it's probably booked out. Dunno about any others. I might go down as our men's IV+ has qualified for the Men's Student Coxed Fours. It's an awful long way though, and parking is bloody expensive.
Reply 1859
he lost.. he usually struggles when it comes to the 3rd set. He just needs more work outs to cope with fatigue and get used to it

Latest