Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Poor performance really... good performane by the all blacks though, that can't be taken away from them...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Markus505)
    I was so sure he had that game, He should've just given it all it got in the 3rd set.
    I'll make excuses for him by saying that he had food poisoning 2 days before, that he has the fitness of someone who hasn't played 5 sets before and that he was perhaps after a few games of 3rd set of feeling shattered geeing himself up for the next set. I was gutted when he lost his break of serve in the 4th set as I too thought that he had it then.

ReputationRep:
    too true...they totally dominated - although, Henry did say that they won the game because of the lines outs cocking up...I suppose losing the ball that many times from what would normally be a set piece where you would retain the ball, would really knock the packs confidence - and combined with the loss of O'Driscoll and Hill would have a massive compound effect on the team...I know when my college team takes a nasty injury it always numbs the run of the game.
    Also losing shanklin will be a massive loss - with the loss of o'driscoll he would have been right up there for test selection...They MUST send someone out in replacement - who do you think will get the call? Jamie Noon always crossed the game line when playing for england this year (one of the few good new players they have found), maybe he will get the call up....

Also...danny grewcock getting cited for biting - what an animal!

ReputationRep:
    I nearly cried at the end of that match He tried so hard and wanted it so badly He must be so angry, being so close but not being able to carry on as normal. Ah well, he tried his best.

And how cute is his brother Jamie? :love: Wow!

ReputationRep:
    I went to the match, most exciting thing was watching the bangladesh fans dressed as tigers turning up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Sub)
    dosent this mean Australia is now on top of the ladder?
    Nope

ReputationRep:
    Marcus505, in answer to your statement that 'why is it, when we talk to god we're praying, but when god talks to us we're schitzophrenic', maybe because god doen't exist?

ReputationRep:
    Aaahh, bad luck Andrew Murray!!!

ReputationRep:
    Bad luck Murray!

ReputationRep:
    Just as well the Lions have a 45 man squad, looks like everyone will be needed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    Also...danny grewcock getting cited for biting - what an animal!
    Umaga and Mealamu should be cited as well for deliberately trying to injure BOD, it was totally uncalled for and leaves a sour taste IMO.

ReputationRep:
    True...sadly though they kept trying to show the replay on sky this morning and it pans away for the crucial moment - so they might have just got lucky with that one...
    It is the case in league recently where a couple of oz players have recieved significant bans for "double teaming" in such a manner which caused a back injury to the player they speared...so its not unprecedented - but you can tell from the reports of BOD fuming that they will see some of this coming back to them....
    If grewcock doesn't get cited for biting this time, you can be sure he does in the next game as a mark of revenge! Tana wont have any ears left....Doing it tyson style!

ReputationRep:
    was a great performance today. you could tell he'd really given it everything. and to take the 18th seed to 5 sets and get to the 3rd round will no doubt be pleasing for him in the coming weeks when he reviews it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bestdeceptions)
    I nearly cried at the end of that match He tried so hard and wanted it so badly He must be so angry, being so close but not being able to carry on as normal. Ah well, he tried his best.

And how cute is his brother Jamie? :love: Wow!

I wanted to cry too! And as for Jamie...well hot stuff!! LOL He is very cute!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Give it a couple of weeks and he'll be getting knocked out of lower tier challenger tournaments :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timhenman)
    Give it a couple of weeks and he'll be getting knocked out of lower tier challenger tournaments :rolleyes:
    Jealous? :p:

Feel really sorry for Murray!
    Needs to go do some serious body building and fitness work!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_watson87)
    Jealous? :p:

Feel really sorry for Murray!
    Needs to go do some serious body building and fitness work!
    Yeah, he outplayed the opponent in the first two sets. Was a shame about that "correction" line call.

Now he needs to get in the gym and increase his stamina!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScaryFairy2)
    Hey

I'm nearly 15, but after watching wimbledon I want to play tennis. Not at an amazing standard or anything, but taking it quite seriously. Am I too old to start? I know most ppl start when they're about 3 or somthing. I used to play quite a lot when I was 8/9/10 but stopped when I got older.

Have any of you fine people started playing tennis later in life? (OK 15 is hardly later, but compared to all the tiny kids I see wacking balls around at my local club...)

any help appreciatd! :tsr:
    Course you're not too old to start!

Pistol Pete only started properly at 13 apparently!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScaryFairy2)
    Hey

I'm nearly 15, but after watching wimbledon I want to play tennis. Not at an amazing standard or anything, but taking it quite seriously. Am I too old to start? I know most ppl start when they're about 3 or somthing. I used to play quite a lot when I was 8/9/10 but stopped when I got older.

Have any of you fine people started playing tennis later in life? (OK 15 is hardly later, but compared to all the tiny kids I see wacking balls around at my local club...)

any help appreciatd! :tsr:
    Never to late!

Go for it! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    What the hell is wrong with him. He is world number 5 and lopez is 25th. Safin loses so badly.
    Major shame he's out already! =(

Plays some well sexy tennis wen on form!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.