Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Wow, either I've been brainwashed by the ways of british thinking or you lot are really cynical...

Sport is about entertaining. What's the point of watching it just to see the higest seeded players just win all the time, surely it gets monotonous? Simply supporting Federer or a "foreign player" to see them win; I just don't get a kick out of that. But to support a player who shows commitment, and that spirit that goes along with it; albeit Henman being a little below par with the other wimbledon players, I msut admit; but I 'd rather watch him battle it out with determination than just too see a straight win with no surprises.

Henmania has become a part of wimbledon for me; and although I don't think every year is "his year" or do a strange fist action and orgasmic expression (yes, at the same time:P) at every point, I get entertained by the overhype of the victory hungry british public, jsut extra fuel to spark the fire. British players contribute so much to the entertainment aspect of Wimbledon. I for one would be disappointed if Henman gave up this year, I'm jsut so used to watching him play.

Murray mania has already sparked though; when he was playing Nalbanian or whatever his name was, people were booing when Murray lost a game on Nalbanian's sever, what a joke!:P! These British people slay me

ReputationRep:
    There's Swiss Farm campsite nearby but it's probably booked out. Dunno about any others. I might go down as our men's IV+ has qualified for the Men's Student Coxed Fours. It's an awful long way though, and parking is bloody expensive.

ReputationRep:
    he lost.. he usually struggles when it comes to the 3rd set. He just needs more work outs to cope with fatigue and get used to it

ReputationRep:
    sometimes the best players screw up on majortournaments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nasht)
    he lost.. he usually struggles when it comes to the 3rd set. He just needs more work outs to cope with fatigue and get used to it
    He will spend the year building up his stamina. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    if you've got the talent, you can beat guys who has been playing since they were 3

ReputationRep:
    also motivation and commitment into ur chosen sport will make u a star in no time

ReputationRep:
    oh i was close, Wallas won by 41 pts.

ReputationRep:
    *snigger*

lol...

Lions lost...

that a combined... 4 countries losing to New Zealand.

ooooohhh dear...

ReputationRep:
    You seem to be neglecting the fact dawn that sport in unpredictable...although i have to say the lions losing today wasn't something that you couldn't see doing - should be an interesting match next week...
    Its good to see you managed to beat one of the worst european teams though...although - you did have a bit of trouble holding them out at the close - really saved embarrasment after that first half...
    And Siiiuuuthhh Ifrica played very well in retrospect aswell. so, considering this - why aren't you drunk dawn????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alchemy)
    Mirza, i watched it, she was very good.
    for gods sake I hope she gets the support she needs to improve back in India... otherwise she'll have to do what a fair few stars do by going to florida or something for her training.

ReputationRep:
    lol, ease up turbo...

I wasnt drunk then becuase i had an exam to go to.

Becuase im a South African Australian, I am an Aussie first off and I was too busy celebrating our win over Italy.

and its aint dawn...

Eve-or Everdawn, I hate it when i get called Dawn

ReputationRep:
    the echo of laughter is somewhat quieter today...

ReputationRep:
    He won the first 2 sets quite convincingly but then I believe the lack of experience on grass showed up and he lost a lot of confidence. Although you do have to creadit Nalbandian as he not only had to fight off Murray (who served a lot better I think) and a few thousand fans. The latter can sometimes prove to be the match decider. I'm certain that Murray will prove to be the new British top seed next season.

ReputationRep:
    Btw what do you think about the Roddick Coria match today? It's 4-0 and Coria is very tired from yesterday's 5 setter. But Roddick hasn't played a top seed for quite a while now. He might be in for a surprise if he goes out there drunk with his own confidence which he gained from his straight set win yesterday.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder why that is??? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Roddick will go through, almost certain about that.

Murray will be seeded lower than Henman next year for sure, if seeded at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pav27)
    Roddick will go through, almost certain about that.

Murray will be seeded lower than Henman next year for sure, if seeded at all.
    Yeah, it will depend on how many more games he plays / wins.

ReputationRep:
    Sonya or Sanya was her first name I think. Anyone know what age she is?

ReputationRep:
    He showed great promise though, I'm really excited by him!!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.