The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1860
sometimes the best players screw up on majortournaments.
nasht
he lost.. he usually struggles when it comes to the 3rd set. He just needs more work outs to cope with fatigue and get used to it

He will spend the year building up his stamina. :cool:
Reply 1862
if you've got the talent, you can beat guys who has been playing since they were 3
Reply 1863
also motivation and commitment into ur chosen sport will make u a star in no time :wink:
oh i was close, Wallas won by 41 pts. :biggrin:
*snigger*

lol...

Lions lost...

that a combined... 4 countries losing to New Zealand.

ooooohhh dear...
You seem to be neglecting the fact dawn that sport in unpredictable...although i have to say the lions losing today wasn't something that you couldn't see doing - should be an interesting match next week...
Its good to see you managed to beat one of the worst european teams though...although - you did have a bit of trouble holding them out at the close - really saved embarrasment after that first half...
And Siiiuuuthhh Ifrica played very well in retrospect aswell. so, considering this - why aren't you drunk dawn????
Reply 1867
Alchemy
Mirza, i watched it, she was very good.

for gods sake I hope she gets the support she needs to improve back in India... otherwise she'll have to do what a fair few stars do by going to florida or something for her training.
lol, ease up turbo...

I wasnt drunk then becuase i had an exam to go to.

Becuase im a South African Australian, I am an Aussie first off and I was too busy celebrating our win over Italy.

and its aint dawn...

Eve-or Everdawn, I hate it when i get called Dawn :smile:
the echo of laughter is somewhat quieter today... :biggrin:
Reply 1870
He won the first 2 sets quite convincingly but then I believe the lack of experience on grass showed up and he lost a lot of confidence. Although you do have to creadit Nalbandian as he not only had to fight off Murray (who served a lot better I think) and a few thousand fans. The latter can sometimes prove to be the match decider. I'm certain that Murray will prove to be the new British top seed next season.
Reply 1871
Btw what do you think about the Roddick Coria match today? It's 4-0 and Coria is very tired from yesterday's 5 setter. But Roddick hasn't played a top seed for quite a while now. He might be in for a surprise if he goes out there drunk with his own confidence which he gained from his straight set win yesterday.
I wonder why that is??? :rolleyes:
Reply 1873
Roddick will go through, almost certain about that.

Murray will be seeded lower than Henman next year for sure, if seeded at all.
Pav27
Roddick will go through, almost certain about that.

Murray will be seeded lower than Henman next year for sure, if seeded at all.

Yeah, it will depend on how many more games he plays / wins.
Reply 1875
Sonya or Sanya was her first name I think. Anyone know what age she is?
Reply 1876
He showed great promise though, I'm really excited by him!!
I was rooting for Spurs at first, but Detroit won my heart as the series went on.
Watched highlights of the match twice now, once the full game repeated, and the other just highlights... I think we were unlucky a lot of the time. How many charge downs did we get, all of which went their way... imagine they had gone our way.... we would have been laughing.

Scrummaging was good I thought, their cheating second row getting away with murder all game.

Stephen Jones missed a few crucial tackles... Jonny's tackling was on top form... faultless.

Wings didn;t see any ball.. surprise surprise!

Hope we get it sorted for next week...
Reply 1879
I can't understand why people hate him just because he's not one of the very best in his sport. If that happened with everything, then we'd have a four team permiership, and it would be utter rubbish. People support others because they take to their style or personality or just like watching them play. I don't like the people booing when British players lose a point or anything like that because you should support the game first of all, but I don't see why somebody deserves to be slagged off for trying to do his best at something and not winning. In that case, why does anybody support England in the football world cup, or why did people support liverpool before they won the champions league? What's the point in supporting a different player, after all he might not win the tournament?

Latest