Turn on thread page Beta

Archive SPTM/0003/REC/HPOO watch

ReputationRep:
    I was rooting for Spurs at first, but Detroit won my heart as the series went on.

ReputationRep:
    Watched highlights of the match twice now, once the full game repeated, and the other just highlights... I think we were unlucky a lot of the time. How many charge downs did we get, all of which went their way... imagine they had gone our way.... we would have been laughing.

Scrummaging was good I thought, their cheating second row getting away with murder all game.

Stephen Jones missed a few crucial tackles... Jonny's tackling was on top form... faultless.

Wings didn;t see any ball.. surprise surprise!

Hope we get it sorted for next week...

ReputationRep:
    I can't understand why people hate him just because he's not one of the very best in his sport. If that happened with everything, then we'd have a four team permiership, and it would be utter rubbish. People support others because they take to their style or personality or just like watching them play. I don't like the people booing when British players lose a point or anything like that because you should support the game first of all, but I don't see why somebody deserves to be ****ged off for trying to do his best at something and not winning. In that case, why does anybody support England in the football world cup, or why did people support liverpool before they won the champions league? What's the point in supporting a different player, after all he might not win the tournament?

ReputationRep:
    Right Clive, there's proof that trying to kill a game won't work anymore. If the Lions go out with the same style, its going to be 3-0, with bigger margins than 21-3. We need people who will make things happen, like Lewis Moody and Andy Sheridan up front. This is the team I'd put out:

1. Andrew Sheridan
    2. Steve Thompson
    3. Gethin Jenkins
    4. Paul O'Connell
    5. D. O'Callaghan (or Grewcock, but isn't he banned?)
    6. Ryan Jones
    7. Lewis Moody
    8. Martin Corry

9. Dwayne Peel
    10. Jonny Wilkinson
    11. Gareth Thomas
    12. Gavin Henson
    13. Josh Lewsey
    14. Mark Cueto
    15. G. Murphy

Horgan, Rowntree, Bulloch, Cusiter, Hodgson, White, M Williams on bench.
    13 is tricky, Smith would also be good...its hard to decide. Shame Shanklin's out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bestdeceptions)
    And how cute is his brother Jamie? :love: Wow!
    Lol! He was ok! He plays tennis too, there's some pics of him on getty images!!

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe he is only 17! I read it in the paper this morning, i was like "Wow! Thats someone my age" . Henmans passed it. Seriously hes just rubbish!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amlea)
    I can't believe he is only 17! I read it in the paper this morning, i was like "Wow! Thats someone my age" . Henmans passed it. Seriously hes just rubbish!
    Oops, I misread what you wrote. Just ignore this. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saree)
    Lol! He was ok! He plays tennis too, there's some pics of him on getty images!!
    Really? I see.....

*Goes off to Getty Images*

Eeww... he isn't as good looking when he's playing tennis I think he should stick to watching.

ReputationRep:
    Andy Murray is up to 169 in the ATP Champions Race now, which is absolutely amazing. A gain of 143 places! I hope he keeps it up now and works on his fitness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bestdeceptions)
    Eeww... he isn't as good looking when he's playing tennis I think he should stick to watching.
    He he! I thought the exact same thing!!

I thought he was older than andy? Maybe i got it wrong?! :confused: :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    Here's one.
    Whats the difference between the All Blacks and the British and Irish Lions?
    21 points to 3
    To quote the Chief... "THATS GOLD!"

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone here do it? How easy is it for first time begginers?

ReputationRep:
    i agree. hes never won anything of any importance so why do we expect him to win wimbledon year in year out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alkaeda)
    i agree. hes never won anything of any importance so why do we expect him to win wimbledon year in year out?
    Some stupid comments in this thread on-the-whole, but that can only be expected from the majority of these summer turnouts of tennis 'fans'.

I quote "He's never won anything of any importance....." - so the 6-8 million he's acquired, these were from winning very small, local tennis games and tournaments.....you're saying he's won this much money from winning singles events in small towns pitted in Wales, England and Scotland, this against middle-aged tennis players? Your comment was utterly ridiculous...

His best win up to date - the Paris Masters in November 03, beating Federer on the way to winning the title, and three other truly world class players, albeit best of three matches, he beat these fantastic players who obviously were in it to beat Tim too, but couldn't. Henman has won 11-12 tournaments....but yes of very little importance, 'unimportant' tournaments scattered in minsecule towns in Great Britain... :eek:

ReputationRep:
    he's not that bl**dy bad! He's seeded 6th in the world. I'd say that he's thoroughly succeded in his career, and now age is starting to get the better of him, he has reached and passed his peak performance. But repeatedly getting to the semis in Wimbledon is no mean feat!

ReputationRep:
    Tim Henman's performance was laughable at his last match. He could have least tried to go out with a bit of dignity - i cringed when he was shouting his mouth off "GET ME A COKE NOW" etc. I felt embarrassed for the guy.
    Yes he might of won other events, but let's face it - Wimbledon is the biggy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowkin)
    Johansson isn't that talented. Someone like Tursunov who has the talent but hasn't been able to perform as well due to injuries may go further in this tournament.
    Johansson is a great player! He's suffered from injuries too, but to his credit he's come back fighting fit. I hope he does well this year.

ReputationRep:
    Actually, might put Lewsey at 12 with Henson at 13

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard)
    Some stupid comments in this thread on-the-whole, but that can only be expected from the majority of these summer turnouts of tennis 'fans'.

I quote "He's never won anything of any importance....." - so the 6-8 million he's acquired, these were from winning very small, local tennis games and tournaments.....you're saying he's won this much money from winning singles events in small towns pitted in Wales, England and Scotland, this against middle-aged tennis players? Your comment was utterly ridiculous...

His best win up to date - the Paris Masters in November 03, beating Federer on the way to winning the title, and three other truly world class players, albeit best of three matches, he beat these fantastic players who obviously were in it to beat Tim too, but couldn't. Henman has won 11-12 tournaments....but yes of very little importance, 'unimportant' tournaments scattered in minsecule towns in Great Britain... :eek:
    real winners are those who can win a grandslam.
    nuff sed
    kthx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by White_redrose)
    Johansson is a great player! He's suffered from injuries too, but to his credit he's come back fighting fit. I hope he does well this year.
    Err correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Tursunov break his back though??

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.