Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Summary Speaker)
    Err correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Tursunov break his back though??
    Yeah, I think you're right. I heard something along those lines too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walshie)
    Man Utd ruined football in 2000 when they pulled out of the FA Cup.
    I can't see the same thing happening with Liverpool somehow. Liverpool understand the importance whereas Mn Utd seem to think their very elite and therefore should be made exceptions of everything.
    Can we really get the facts right on this one, and not repeat the tabloid nonsense. Man United were asked to take part in some irrelevant FIFA tournament that no-one else regarded as important but FIFA. Unfortunately FIFA were getting ready to award the World Cup and England were after it. It was made clear by the FA and the Government that if United withdrew from this tournament then England wouldn't be in with a prayer of being awarded the World Cup. The problem is that the runners up would have taken the place and that was Bayern Munich - guess which other country were after the World cup? Problem was it clashed with the third round of the FA Cup. United asked if they could play a weakened side in the third round then and were told by the FA that if they did they would be fined. They were refused (rightly in my view) a bye into the fourth round. They couldn't win. If they'd refused to play in this competition they'd have been blamed for England not getting the world cup. Yet they were also refused all possible avenues to enbable them to take part in both competitions.
    Sorry for the length of this but it's about time that people realised what really went on and stopped being so selective in remembering this event.

ReputationRep:
    Do people think Parker will help Newcastle next season?
    Will he be a help or a hindrance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Colonel)
    Do people think Parker will help Newcastle next season?
    Will he be a help or a hindrance?
    i reckon with more games he could help but he probably won't become anythig special compared to some midfielders

ReputationRep:
    He could tell the forwards to secure quick ball, and then Peel has to whip it out quick, and keep it spreading... none of this playing it through the forwards. A number of times it has been seen this passed year, that the game can be taken to the all blacks by playing excitng creativ running rugby. A number of times in the last game the first people to the ruck were Wilko and Jones??? What's all that about. Ont thing you can guarantee is that if Martin Williams is on the pitch, he's always first to the breakdown.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ditzy)
    Well that was a fun riding lesson today!! The horse I usually ride was lame so I was put on the most evil pony in the world!! I swear this thing has a hit list and everyone is on it!! I've fallen off the damn thing more time than I care to remember because the little **** knows exactly how to get his riders off. We were jumping and he always backs off coming into the fence, so you ride him forward, he jumps it twice as high as he needs to, unseats you, lands, sticks his head between his legs and bucks!! He didn't suceed in ditching me today, but it was very hit and miss!! He shows no remorse once he's got you on the floor either, you can just see the look in his eyes and he's laughing at you!! :mad:
    Liam used to gallop into a jump, slam the breaks on at the last minute and then run off. I've only fallen off Matt twice, both times when he's been bucking and he sort of stands there peering down wondering 'What on earth are you doing down there...?' and trying to look all innocent. Don't you just love 'em...

ReputationRep:
    I shouldn't be here.
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by AmyGrace)
    ooh never saw this thread before..then again im kinda new

i ride whenever i can..had lessons when i was about 10-13/14 and im 16 now
    now i just go for treks whenever i can..dont have my own horse..im allergic
    but doesnt stop me begging to go riding whenevr poss

going to Arizona this year and gona be western riding wohoo!
    cant wait for that!! hopefully il get a really fast spirited horse
    LOVE those kinda horses
    anyone else tried western riding? or only ride western?
    cant wait to try it
    anyways yeh thats my lil ramble in here for now
    Yes, I used to have a QH and an appy and rode them in English and Western. It's good fun, very comfy and you have a different gait -the lope.

ReputationRep:
    I started playing tennis when I was 18! I started in my first week of uni, as the uni tennis club held beginner lessons. I literally started from scratch and now I can play better than I started, I'm also part of the university tennis club committee next term! Good luck and enjoy it. Don't let anyone put you off, you just need motivation and determination!

ReputationRep:
    ...and I have tickets already for Court1. I've checked the official website for details and info, but am still not sure what time to go. I don't need to queue for tickets, but I'm thinking I still should go early-what does everyone think? Anyone else been with pre booked tickets? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Do you have to pick them up on the day, or do you have them already?

ReputationRep:
    I have them already

ReputationRep:
    kool. whos playing?

ReputationRep:
    Go a bit early then, not too early.

Its dead if you get there like an hour early, most people arrive 30 mins before and go in 10 mins before start of play.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sneezyme)
    I'm going to Wimbledon tomorrow...
    Ooooh I'm so jealous!! :p: My beloved Mario just got knocked out! :eek: :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I don't know who's playing but tomorrow its women semi final matches only all day.

ReputationRep:
    If its your first time to wimbledon, then I advise that you get there fairly early to have a wonder around! (between 11 and 11.30 ish)

There's tons to see ...

by the way, you mean ladies quarter finals.

ReputationRep:
    of course, LADIES not women-how could i be so stoopid?!

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the advice, i will do, i hear there's a museum there.

ReputationRep:
    ok...is it just me, or is the Hewitt-Dent match the best one ever?
    I dont actually like tennis...but f*cking hell....

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.