ReputationRep:
    Go for it! Too much fun to miss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    Has he got any weaknesses??? :eek:

I dont think so!
    Of COURSE he has weaknesses...EVERY player does! :p:

ReputationRep:
    guys wat wud ur ideal lions team considering injuries and bans be mine would be (1 to 15) white(best scrummager in the world), thomson, jenkins, o connel, kay, jones, corry, back (do we have ne 1 else to be honest???,) peel, wilkinson, Lewsey, hensen, greenwood, Williams and murphy

ReputationRep:
    Not all gone because BOD has gone... he isn't the most vocal off people anyway. Gareth Thomas does excellent job leading a team.

ReputationRep:
    England not doin too badly. Got Australia at 125 for 4 off 29 overs.... Limit them to under 250 and we've got a chance.

Anyone watching it?

ReputationRep:
    It's not the final...

ReputationRep:
    Is it not?! I thought it was, must have got it wrong....

ReputationRep:
    What a tie break between Pierce and Venus! :eek:
    Shame Pierce cudn't win it!

Venus Williams did look quality tho!

ReputationRep:
    No, it's the last of the group games for England (there's Bangladesh vs Australia on Thursday). The final's on Saturday.

ReputationRep:
    Ah yes, I see now.... donow where I got it form that final was today!

Still.... come on England!

ReputationRep:
    I got a Laser, I've been sailing for quite a few years, but not really recently. I used to be in the topper national squad a few years back though :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    Um lets see you are racist and disrespectful to the native and islander people of New Zealand and the Pacific Islands, the players and the fans.

They were not jokes, they were not funny and you need councelling if you think otherwise.
    I can honestly say that the native and islander people of New Zealand and the Pacific Islands, the players and the fans never even crossed my mind when I posted the jokes. If the pun isn't obvious you clearly aren't worthy of such comedic genius. And by that I'm referring to the underlying nature of my post, not the actual material.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikernes)
    Is that not what I did?

lou p lou is on my side, aren't ya bud?

She was the one who deleted you post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChelseaBabe)
    She was the one who deleted you post.
    ......you are warned can be seen here:

Warned Post

The admin/moderator who warned you, entered this comment:

================================ =======
    ================================ =======

Your total Warning Level at th......
    Me and the girl understand each other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikernes)
    Me and the girl understand each other.
    Not disagreeing with you there but to make such jokes public just wasn't playing cricket so to speak. They tend to offend folks who don't think they are funny.

ReputationRep:
    Wow. That is all.

ReputationRep:
    hes a nice guy tho...

ReputationRep:
    Personally, i find it unbelievable that Henman receives so much criticism from the media and the public - he, as a player, has achieved a huge amount, beaten pretty much all the top players over his career at some point and has won a number of notable tournaments.

The criticism he receives is largely a result to the lack of British strength in tennis - simply, there aren't enough top players to shoulder the burden of pressure and expectation of the british public. Just how many times has tim been the only british hope in wimbledon - for nearly a decade he has provided brilliant performances in wimbledon; and done much for the game.

I also don't get the nature of much of the criticism. Has tim not achieved his potential and wasted his talent? certainly not; as a player without a powerful serve or a superb baseline game, he is a real rarity within the top 10 of the world.

Has he wasted chances at wimbledon? again, no. every time he has reached the semi finals he has lost to the eventual champion; a superb sampras, an inspired ivanisevic and a powerful hewitt at the top of his game.

The fact that he has held, and succeeded at wimbledon (he has a superb record at this tournament) with the ridiculous amount of pressure on his shoulders is a near miracle in itself.

Henman, as a player is a success. Anyone who describes him as otherwise is deluded.

The real failures of british tennis are the players that most of those who criticise don't even know - the lee's, bogdanovic's and delgado's of this world. Henman is a great success and a credit to the sport. He has done nothing wrong except not fulfilling the ridiculous public expectation that he wins wimbledon. Over the last decade, you'll struggle to name players that have achieved so much, so consistently within mens tennis.

ReputationRep:
    I've just joined :tsr: and so I have to post on this thread. I ride - in fact I share a horse. I would own my own horse if it wasn't for the expense and time commitments required. So instead, I get to help out with a horse, riding and caring for the horse as if she were my own on the days I do. I used to have riding lessons and loved them but I've got horses in the blood and wanted to do the other stuff as well as ride.

The horse I help with is a 14.2 Dales mare called Gypsy. She's blue roan and at this time of year she's a gorgeous silvery colour. She's 20 years old but acts about 10. She's a bit of a dope on a rope on the yard, but she's speedy and strong for ridden work. I aminyl hack her and school but her owner competes in all-sorts. She wants me to do some Prelim dressage and showing some day but I'm happy hacking around the countryside right now!

This is Gyp and me out hacking, enjoying ourselves!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...th_hacking.jpg

It's nice to see other horsey people on here

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone here agree that Andrew Murray is being seriously overated? I mean I don't want to put him down, but in the big tennis world, is he really that good and why has his chances of winning wimbledon in the near future been made so high? There are quite a lot of players who are his age or nearabouts who are considerably better than him in terms of proven success and even recognisable potential. Look at Nadal for one, and there are many tennis players aged around 21 or so who proved themselves right from the age of 17/18 onwards.

I'm not saying he can't/won't turn out to be decent but you must admit that there is some serious overhyping going on.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.