Turn on thread page Beta

Help with dark circles under eyes! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello, does anyone have any tips on how to get rid of dark circles under my eyes??? I'm just now getting them and they totally gross me out!!

Concealer to cover them up but I guess you could sleep more to help reduce them(?). Try stuff like cucumber slices or something but I dunno if these sorts of methods actually work...

ReputationRep:
    Dark circles can be caused by any of a comination of things - sun damage (hence why many people get them as they age), genetics, natural pigmentation of the skin, or veins/capillaries showing under the skin. Sleep, diet, etc of course play some part, but the bottom line is, if you have them then they're not likely to improve significantly (no matter what you read in eye cream adverts). Wear sunscreen to prevent further pigmentation, eat well, sleep well and invest in a good concealer. Moisturising the area can improve the appearance, though don't expect miracles.

I really love MakeUp Forever's HD concealer for undereye circles, though it's hard to find in the UK as only a handful of professional stores stock it. Alternatively try a MAC concealer like Select Coverup or Studio Sculpt, or Bobbi Brown also make a good Eye Brightener and Creamy Concealer kit with powder to set.

ReputationRep:
    I can only suggest concealer. But remember when you are putting it on to put it on the side of your nose next to your eye. If you literally just put concealer underneath your eye, then it will highlight the fact that that part of your nose is dark as well.

Also, sleep more?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Concealer and light-reflecting highlighters can help to some extent.

ReputationRep:
    Yup like the other girlies said: Concealer!!!
    I like Smashbox the best: http://www.smashbox.com/HIGH-DEFINIT...QUID-CONCEALER

They also have great face brightening products that don't seem too heavy on your face and complexion!

Also put a big silver spoon in the refridgerator overnight and then leave it on your eye for 2 minutes each!
    Works wonders for me!!!

ReputationRep:
    You can't get rid of them, but you can cover them. You need to find a concealer that works for you. Personally, I like most of the ones that MAC does (they have a range with different levels of coverage).

ReputationRep:
    Apparently preparation-H (something like that) in other words heamoroid cream, has been proven to work - apparently they use it on film sets. I don't think I'm going to put that to the test.

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.