Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It's a habit for me xP.
    I don't even realize i did it until some stranger starts looking at me like i'm stupid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red-ona)
    It's a habit for me xP.
    I don't even realize i did it until some stranger starts looking at me like i'm stupid
    Yes. All the time. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Yep all the time - I only speak English fluently but will happily switch between german, french and italian and not realise

ReputationRep:
    All the time.
    Mainly german or french.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, I often ramble a bit in Spanish.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I thought everyone did it.

ReputationRep:
    oui, of course

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'm always going 'yalla' to people, it's the best word in the World (short and sweet, means: hurry up, come on, quickly...)

And I call loads of people Habibi.

ReputationRep:
    Only if I am speaking to someone Turkish, otherwise no. That's kind of stupid though don't you think?

Sometimes throw a bit of elvish in there.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, sometimes when I'm with my friend who does French and Spanish and I don't want the rest of the group to know what we're talking about :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes I'd have a conversation with my sister and i'd be speaking English and she'd be speaking Urdu !!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    ocasionally I use latin phrases if that counts, and french. But not like some of my mates who do it every day.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh I always tend to throw some Arabic/French/German in there. Just odd words and phrases though.

ReputationRep:
    I sometimes think in French. Or translate stuff I'm reading into French for no apparent reason...

ReputationRep:
    I like to throw in 'voulez vou couz chez avec moi, ce soir'.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, the odd word of French, Gaelic, Spanish, Italian or German end up in there but I try to stick to just English.

When I'm with family it can end up a right mess but we understand each other just fine.

ReputationRep:
    Only with family, or with people who I know speak that language too... otherwise it'd be kind of weird. But sometimes when I'm speaking German I'll use a Danish word in a German accent and not realise it's a Danish word or vice versa. With English it's different - I know what's an English word and what's not :p:

ReputationRep:
    Oui!

ReputationRep:
    Yup - I randomly throw bits of French and German into my conversation :yes:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.