Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    In school people were always competing with each other academically to be the best in the class.... does this happen at uni ? do other people know or ask for your grades or does everyone just kind of do their own thing?

ReputationRep:
    I think the only time I'm asked about my grades is after we've all received marks back from an assignment. Other than that, it's not mentioned.

I think it is pretty competitive though. I certainly feel very competitive about such things, but perhaps its not as salient in the minds of others.

ReputationRep:
    It's less likely to occur because of the size of the lectures. But by all means find similar people and do whatever you want.

ReputationRep:
    everyone does their own thing

of course, everyone wants to do well, but there's less competitiveness than at school, imo

ReputationRep:
    I am quite competitive but I have found that most people do not talk about it. About the only time some one will ask about your grades is if they are picking up their work at the same time; most people have their own expectations so it is rather pointless to say you are better because you received a higher mark - they probably wrote on a completely different topic too so how could you compare yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Not really, yes you compare grades to your friends, but just do your best, if you do your very best then be proud of whatever you got

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.