The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6620
Matisse
I didn't find that funny. :sad:

Neither did I although this is the work computer so...no sound plus that's something I do all the time :giggle: so I reckon the effect was ruined...

Hey aiko :hugs:
Reply 6621
Cooro
:rofl:

Dad just came in and asked me what I was laughing so much at :giggle:

I just stumbled onto this one, hadn't seen it before :rofl:

Matisse

Too subtle? :mmm:

:p:
Reply 6622
Ahah! Nazi zombies :rofl:
Reply 6623
skipp
Neither did I although this is the work computer so...no sound plus that's something I do all the time :giggle: so I reckon the effect was ruined...

Hey aiko :hugs:

Seeing someone accidently slam into glass would probably get a small chuckle from me, if I were actually there, but it would be one of sympathy, not because I found it 'hilarious', because it isn't. Watching a video of it, I didn't even smile. :p:

You're the clumsy type? You could be Alex's other half. :giggle: - Hey. :hugs:

Truered

Hardly subtle. It's just not that funny. :p:
Reply 6624
Matisse
Seeing someone accidently slam into glass would probably get a small chuckle from me, if I were actually there, but it would be one of sympathy, not because I found it 'hilarious', because it isn't. Watching a video of it, I didn't even smile. :p:

You're the clumsy type? You could be Alex's other half. :giggle: - Hey. :hugs:

Hardly subtle. It's just not that funny. :p:

I've always wondered who'd be clumsier :giggle: and the natural reaction to seeing people get hurt is either to laugh or be horrified...laughing's nature's way of saying...'it's ok...nothing to see here'...and being horrified...well that's pretty obvious :yep:
Reply 6625
skipp
I've always wondered who'd be clumsier :giggle: and the natural reaction to seeing people get hurt is either to laugh or be horrified...laughing's nature's way of saying...'it's ok...nothing to see here'...and being horrified...well that's pretty obvious :yep:

In that particular video, the person didn't seem that hurt and recovered quite quickly. It's not really that, rather my sympathy would be because they would obviously be embarrassed. I'm not the type to laugh at people's clumsiness. :tongue:
Reply 6626
Matisse
In that particular video, the person didn't seem that hurt and recovered quite quickly. It's not really that, rather my sympathy would be because they would obviously be embarrassed. I'm not the type to laugh at people's clumsiness. :tongue:

I definitely am. It's why I love You've Been Framed :giggle: It's always funny to see people hurt themselves, as long as it's not serious.

Besides, the other day I managed to trip over a 'caution: wet floor' sign at work :rolleyes: We need to get some 'Caution: Wet Floor Sign' signs or something for divs like me.
Reply 6627
Matisse

Ah ok :smile: Ye I forget sometimes about people getting embarrassed, seems like a pretty normal thing to do for me :p: but for the same reason I wouldn't think to notice them either unless they were injured or needed help
Reply 6628
Cooro
I definitely am. It's why I love You've Been Framed :giggle: It's always funny to see people hurt themselves, as long as it's not serious.

Besides, the other day I managed to trip over a 'caution: wet floor' sign at work :rolleyes: We need to get some 'Caution: Wet Floor Sign' signs or something for divs like me.

Yeah, I've seen that television program. I didn't find it funny at all. What exactly do you find funny about it? I like comedy and regularly go to live stand ups (and the comedy found in anime will often make me smile), but seeing people fall over, for example, is hardly my definition of humour.

You must have been quite embarrassed. Did anyone see you? Fortunately, I've never been the clumsy type. :o: :p:
Reply 6629
Matisse

:ditto:
Reply 6630
skipp
Ah ok :smile: Ye I forget sometimes about people getting embarrassed, seems like a pretty normal thing to do for me :p: but for the same reason I wouldn't think to notice them either unless they were injured or needed help

Well, in that case, slamming into glass (or something similar) would be pretty embarrassing, especially considering it was in a public place. I can only assume that he was more worried about that than whether he was injured or not, because he seemed okay when he swiftly walked out. :giggle:
Reply 6631
Matisse
Yeah, I've seen that television program. I didn't find it funny at all. What exactly do you find funny about it? I like comedy and regularly go to live stand ups (and the comedy found in anime will often make me smile), but seeing people fall over, for example, is hardly my definition of humour.

Schadenfreude :yep:

You must have been quite embarrassed. Did anyone see you?

Unfortunately, yes. This guy I apparantly work with (I say 'apparantly' cos I have no idea who he is, but he was wearing the uniform) had been walking the same direction. He held a door open for me, I turned to say thank you, when tripped right over the sign. :o:
Reply 6632
Cooro
Schadenfreude :yep:

I was aware of what Schadenfreude was, but sought further clarification on Wikipedia, of which still didn't explain why it would be deemed humourous. The opening line:

Schadenfreude is pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others.

That's certainly not my source of pleasure and/or humour. :tongue:

Unfortunately, yes. This guy I apparantly work with (I say 'apparantly' cos I have no idea who he is, but he was wearing the uniform) had been walking the same direction. He held a door open for me, I turned to say thank you, when tripped right over the sign. :o:

Oh well, can't be helped. It's happened now. We seem to have quite a few clumsy people in this society. :giggle:
Reply 6633
Matisse
Well, in that case, slamming into glass (or something similar) would be pretty embarrassing, especially considering it was in a public place. I can only assume that he was more worried about that than whether he was injured or not, because he seemed okay when he swiftly walked out. :giggle:

I'll bear that in mind :giggle: and silly Coo :emog: signs often get in the way of walking...and lamp posts...and people...and trees

Which reminds me I keep nearly stepping on hedgehogs...I'm really paranoid now after reading a thread where someone did...and ever since then they've been absolutely everywhere...there was one out right in the middle of the day earlier...although that probably means it's sick :sad:
Reply 6634
skipp
I'll bear that in mind :giggle: and silly Coo :emog: signs often get in the way of walking...and lamp posts...and people...and trees

I'm not entirely sure what you need to bear in mind, but I'm assuming you're referring to the video, which you're intending to watch later? I wouldn't read that deeply into it, I was merely using it as a point of reference when spurring some form of discussion. :giggle:

Which reminds me I keep nearly stepping on hedgehogs...I'm really paranoid now after reading a thread where someone did...and ever since then they've been absolutely everywhere...there was one out right in the middle of the day earlier...although that probably means it's sick :sad:

I couldn't imagine stepping onto a hedgehog, they're quite large. :s-smilie: - Not many in London, or at least, I can't see any. :sad:
Reply 6635
Truered
I just stumbled onto this one, hadn't seen it before :rofl:

either american news is crap or it was a slow news day:wtf:
Reply 6636
Matisse
I'm not entirely sure what you need to bear in mind, but I'm assuming you're referring to the video, which you're intending to watch later? I wouldn't read that deeply into it, I was merely using it as a point of reference when spurring some form of discussion. :giggle:

I couldn't imagine stepping onto a hedgehog, they're quite large. :s-smilie: - Not many in London, or at least, I can't see any. :sad:

Actually I was referring to Coo walking into a sign :smile: and how inanimate objects can just appear in the wrong place at the wrong time :giggle:

And you'd think so...but like many animals they're camouflage is better than you'd imagine especially around here when everything's pretty wild...which is why there's so many of them here :yep: and they're very good at making themselves invisible and spiky...but not so good at running away...do you get urban foxes in London? I love foxes but there's none over here :sad: although the last one to be hunted in the island used to sit at the top of my nan's stairs...which sounds pretty gruesome but it was fairly normal at one point...she later donated it to a vet (maybe a little late? :p: ) Not having foxes means lots of other species flourish here though, the entire island is a red squirrel sanctuary which is pretty awesome
Reply 6637
skipp
Actually I was referring to Coo walking into a sign :smile: and how inanimate objects can just appear in the wrong place at the wrong time :giggle:

And you'd think so...but like many animals they're camouflage is better than you'd imagine especially around here when everything's pretty wild...which is why there's so many of them here :yep: and they're very good at making themselves invisible and spiky...but not so good at running away...do you get urban foxes in London? I love foxes but there's none over here :sad: although the last one to be hunted in the island used to sit at the top of my nan's stairs...which sounds pretty gruesome but it was fairly normal at one point...she later donated it to a vet (maybe a little late? :p: ) Not having foxes means lots of other species flourish here though, the entire island is a red squirrel sanctuary which is pretty awesome

I took a pic of a fox on the way home at 2am once :s:

Spoiler

my phone camera has such great quality :frown:
Reply 6638
skipp

Ah, my mistake. :tongue:

There is the occasional fox, usually found at night in residential areas in the outer areas of London. When I was living in Hampstead, I saw one on my way home from a nightclub crossing my road. Didn't see any when I moved more centrally to Waterloo, though, nor where I am now.

You're from Jersey, right? Jacob, another member who used to post here, is from there too. He's left TSR, though. :sad:
Reply 6639
I saw a hedgehog on my way home once. They run quite fast.
Hi all :hugs:

Latest