The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6920
skipp
I agree with Aiko...I usually post about my day...in which nothing usually happens :yep: one day it'll bore and annoy you all...but I'll probably continue...

I just got told by a wana-be emo that I'm too old to offer her advice...I'm not sure if I've gone back to year 9 or whether I'm being carted off to the retirement home :lolwut:

:emog:

Im sat on the internet procrastinating :s-smilie: I was late to the manufacture lecture, but he talked about ways of communicating your ideas. Something I need to improve, my drawing are terrible:emo: and once I wasd explaining an idea and drawing it, but it tunrned out to be a bunch of lines and I was met with ":indiff:"

On another note im not wearing any black today:lolwut:
Reply 6921
Truered
I can get away with not knowing Japanese right? :puppyeyes:

:p:

It's not a requirement, per se, but it's encouraged that you at least acquire a rudiment conversational understanding of the language. From my understanding, most language schools are quite lenient. You can easily get around Tokyo without understanding Japanese. Practically every sign, including public transport, will have an English translation. Of course, on a social level, speaking the language would also help, in addition to teaching. If you apply for the JET, it's less of a requirement to know Japanese because you'll be a teaching assistant, but it's a lot harder to gain acceptance to this program. :yes:
Reply 6922
vin
:emog:

Im sat on the internet procrastinating :s-smilie:

On another note im not wearing any black today:lolwut:

:lolwut: it's ok vin... :emog:

That's such a rarity in my life I can tell you the exact date that last happened to me...10th November...although I was wearing black boots and black tights

And as far as the drawing I made this point earlier on a science students > art students thread...you'll get better vin-kin...if I can get an A in art anyone can at least improve...or find another way of communicating your ideas when you're a professional :giggle: Dirac wasn't great on diagrams...and he's my new favorite scientist :love:
Truered
I can get away with not knowing Japanese right? :puppyeyes:

:p:

No, learn it or else :eviltongue:
Reply 6924
skipp

That's such a rarity in my life I can tell you the exact date that last happened to me...10th November...although I was wearing black boots and black tights

And as far as the drawing I made this point earlier on a science students > art students thread...you'll get better vin-kin...if I can get an A in art anyone can at least improve...or find another way of communicating your ideas when you're a professional :giggle: Dirac wasn't great on diagrams...and he's my new favorite scientist :love:

Im even wearing nice shoes that are brown and a nice jumper:s-smilie: the soles of my boots are broken :sad: even though they were repaired the day before yesturday they broke again :hmpf:
skipp

How similar do you look to Misa?
Reply 6926
Matisse
It's not a requirement, per se, but it's encouraged that you at least acquire a rudiment conversational understanding of the language. From my understanding, most language schools are quite lenient. You can easily get around Tokyo without understanding Japanese. Practically every sign, including public transport, will have an English translation. Of course, on a social level, speaking the language would also help, in addition to teaching. If you apply for the JET, it's less of a requirement to know Japanese because you'll be a teaching assistant, but it's a lot harder to gain acceptance to this program. :yes:

Wow I was just being sarcastic...but :beard:

Plus at some point I do wish to learn that language...if only so I can watch anime without having to focus on subtitles :p:

English on signs? Hmmm suddenly my wish of wanting to visit Japan at least once (from before I got into anime I might add :wink:) could happen:woo:
Reply 6927
Liquidus Zeromus

*remembers that obese misa pic where she could crush the world*:afraid:
Reply 6928
Truered

Plus at some point I do wish to learn that language...if only so I can watch anime without having to focus on subtitles :p:

English on signs? Hmmm suddenly my wish of wanting to visit Japan at least once (from before I got into anime I might add :wink:) could happen:woo:

dont lie you weaboo :hahaha:
Reply 6929
vin
Im even wearing nice shoes that are brown and a nice jumper:s-smilie: the soles of my boots are broken :sad: even though they were repaired the day before yesturday they broke again :hmpf:

:sad: broken boots are the worst but congrats on the unusual outfit :p:
Liquidus Zeromus

Well I live in a fantasy world 99% of the time so my look changes to match...but when I leave the house...usually pretty similar except the hair colour (and I have ringlets...but I straighten the front)
Truered

Subtitled anime is worthless for learning Japanese :sadnod: Unless it has Japanese subtitles... cuz you can't think in 2 languages at the same time or some shizz.
vin
*remembers that obese misa pic where she could crush the world*:afraid:

Misa would be better that way :love:
Reply 6932
skipp
broken boots are the worst but congrats on the unusual outfit
I have another pair I could wear that would give my height a bit of a boost:erm: Ive even been doing my hair nicely :afraid:

oh god im a grown up:bawling:
skipp
:sad: broken boots are the worst but congrats on the unusual outfit :p:

Well I live in a fantasy world 99% of the time so my look changes to match...but when I leave the house...usually pretty similar except the hair colour (and I have ringlets...but I straighten the front)

Pics please :puppyeyes:
Reply 6934
Truered

It's definitely a possibility. I know quite a few people from my university who chose to take a gap year teaching in Japan (and elsewhere in the far east). It's highly plausible, you just need to be proactive and make it happen. :smile:

Not the best incentive really, but an incentive nonetheless. :tongue:

Most major cities, especially capitals, have English signs in the far east. :yes:
vin
I have another pair I could wear that would give my height a bit of a boost:erm: Ive even been doing my hair nicely :afraid:

Your hair is so soft :emog:
Matisse
It's definitely a possibility. I know quite a few people from my university who chose to take a gap year teaching in Japan (and elsewhere in the far east). It's highly plausible, you just need to be proactive and make it happen. :smile:

Not the best incentive really, but an incentive nonetheless. :tongue:

Most major cities, especially capitals, have English signs in the far east. :yes:

I wouldn't want a language teacher who could barely speak English... surely Japanese people wouldn't want someone speaking barely any Japanese? I don't get the idea that you can only know one language but be able to teach it properly to people speaking another :wtf:
Reply 6937
Liquidus Zeromus
Misa would be better that way :love:

:nah: no pics for alex...and you have a thing about larger girls don't you? :giggle:
vin

Don't worry vin-kin :emog: I had that realisation the other day :yep: although I can make a fantasy land out of anything...so I decided I was just going to have to pretend to be a professional more of the time...so maybe I'm not much of a grown-up after all :giggle:
Vin could be a kitty and an adult? :emog:
skipp
:nah: no pics for alex...and you have a thing about larger girls don't you? :giggle:

:emo:

Duh :smile:
Reply 6939
skipp

Don't worry vin-kin :emog: I had that realisation the other day :yep: although I can make a fantasy land out of anything...so I decided I was just going to have to pretend to be a professional more of the time...so maybe I'm not much of a grown-up after all :giggle:
Vin could be a kitty and an adult? :emog:

the truth comes out when I say silly things :mmm:

:yep: but there arnt many of those pics floating around luckily :erm:
Liquidus Zeromus
Your hair is so soft :emog:

:lolwut:stalker

Latest