The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm the type of person who doesn't fix things if I don't think they're broken. I read the reviews as they're posted, so I'd not noticed a fault myself. Someone could have said something earlier. :hmmm:
vin
I was being polite :s: it seems like a lot of work to trawl through every page for reviews :s:. If you're happy to do it then fine.:yes:

Ah, sorry then. :o: I've gotten used to you making fun of me, is all. :sadnod:

I'm happy to do it, but it may take a while...
Reply 1682
AngryJellyfish
No, it didn't matter how many times I refreshed, if I previewed my post before submitting then the image would stay as a link. Completely different to the quick edit, which as we've established can be fixed by refreshing.

And I certainly don't preview posts when I'm image spamming, that takes up too much time. :p:

Oh, I see. That's another issue entirely, one of which I haven't experienced myself. :p:

AsakuraMinamiFan
Do I have to trawl through 47 pages of reviews to find a series you guys have reviewed? Or am I missing an index? :o:

At present, unfortunately not. Like Cara, I have a blog to archive those I've written, which can be viewed here.

AngryJellyfish
It isn't too much work for me. :wtf: The idea has simply never been put forward before, and I like it. My only worry is (if not now, then with time) I'll end up going over the character limit for a single post due to the huge amount of series and link urls. I guess the mods could always give me second or even third post as well though. :yes:

There's always the search thread function for now if you want to find reviews, but I'll make a start on an index now and see how far it'll let me go. :yes:

I think this is a good idea, to have each review/post linked to in the opening post, and if need be, second or third post. I don't think you'll have anything to worry about with the post count. My PS reviews are particularly lengthly, and I've never faced this issue.

I was thinking about adding an index of each review I've written at the bottom of every post, or maybe just a link to my blog. :yes:
You could parallelise the work by having 2 people do it. One starts at the start, the other at the end and then work towards the middle. Or do it with 4 people, whatever. Then just leave sorting/formatting the links to a good text editor. :cool:
Reply 1684
AngryJellyfish
Ah, sorry then. :o: I've gotten used to you making fun of me, is all. :sadnod:

I'm happy to do it, but it may take a while...

:emo:

the character limit shouldnt be a problem for a long while atleast, the film critic thread's first post manages to contain a hell of a lot of links to reviews.:yes: ...I used to post there when I watched more films and less anime ..but then reviews of quite a long length put me off aswell as my watching films much less.:redface:
Hi all!
Pages 1-10 of the review thread have been indexed, I'll do the rest later. :yes:

Re-reading my old reviews is painful. :afraid:
Reply 1687
AngryJellyfish
Pages 1-10 of the review thread have been indexed, I'll do the rest later. :yes:

Good work, AJ. This will prove useful. :smile:
Aiko-sama how is Japan??
Reply 1689
Atherilia
Aiko-sama how is Japan??

Yeah, it's nice to be back. I've mainly spent time with my family and friends.

How is Ath? :hugs:
Matisse
Yeah, it's nice to be back. I've mainly spent time with my family and friends.

How is Ath? :hugs:

I am tired, but good thanks!!
Glad you are enjoying yourself AIko-sama!
Reply 1691
Atherilia
I am tired, but good thanks!!
Glad you are enjoying yourself AIko-sama!

Glad to read. :smile:

Oh yes, if you're looking for something to watch, I think you'll like Eureka Seven.
Matisse
Glad to read. :smile:

Oh yes, if you're looking for something to watch, I think you'll like Eureka Seven.

Agriato Aiko-sama!
Reply 1693
Atherilia
Agriato Aiko-sama!

Iiyo, Ath-chan. :giggle:

I'm off to buy milk with my brother, this late too. Nice chatting with you all. :hugs:
Reply 1694
Matisse
Iiyo, Ath-chan. :giggle:

I'm off to buy milk with my brother, this late too. Nice chatting with you all. :hugs:

:teehee: Sounds a bit random
Reply 1695
AngryJellyfish

What about :borat:?
I am playing soul caliber 2 for some random reason!! :yep:
Once I've got all the reviews indexed I may re-arrange them alphabetically, because any new member who happens to start from the top chronologically would probably be disappointed at the quality. :p:
Reply 1698
And there I was with cream all over my trousers and the alarm wouldn't set :cry:
Juno
And there I was with cream all over my trousers and the alarm wouldn't set :cry:

:console:
:hugs: Juno-sama

Latest