The Student Room Group
Reply 1
damn, this was the only reason i was applying. you got any hard evidence of it e.g. email? :awesome:
Reply 2
http://www.southampton.ac.uk/socsci/economics/study/ug/entryreq.html

The Division has a new head and so there's a shake-up of things. But basically, it's now either AAB or ABBB or AABC or AAAD. Additionally, A-Level Mathematics is now required (as opposed to just AS-Level as before).
Reply 3
.ACS.
http://www.southampton.ac.uk/socsci/economics/study/ug/entryreq.html

The Division has a new head and so there's a shake-up of things. But basically, it's now either AAB or ABBB or AABC or AAAD. Additionally, A-Level Mathematics is now required (as opposed to just AS-Level as before).

I am not sure the change is down to the new HoD. Instead I suspect it was because of changes in demand for places and the qualifications of those applicants.

Any idea how many Southampton econ students there are in the first year now?
Reply 4
What did it change to??
Reply 5
MCYan
What did it change to??

The new offers are in the Southampton link (see above) and are interpreted in the Southampton TAELT entry(see my sig)
Reply 6
Paulwhy
The new offers are in the Southampton link (see above) and are interpreted in the Southampton TAELT entry(see my sig)

Thank you
I am thinking to apply Nottingham,and oh my god,they look for 7 or 8 A*??No way I can show them I have those!
Does it mean,if I dont have those outstanding GCSEs,I should not waste my one option,to give up for it?? :confused:
Reply 7
MCYan
Thank you
I am thinking to apply Nottingham,and oh my god,they look for 7 or 8 A*??No way I can show them I have those!
Does it mean,if I dont have those outstanding GCSEs,I should not waste my one option,to give up for it?? :confused:

Research further: that is what they asked for last cycle. But it seems unlikely that they will be asking that high again.

If you want to discuss your particular case in detail best practice would be to start your own thread.
Reply 8
Arghh are you joking. It was meant to be one of my insurances :frown:
Reply 9
Paulwhy
Research further: that is what they asked for last cycle. But it seems unlikely that they will be asking that high again.

If you want to discuss your particular case in detail best practice would be to start your own thread.

Yes,I might..
thank you
Reply 10
Aw... damn :frown: bad news!

Latest

Trending

Trending