Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I remember the lady on the open day saying that this was likely, and if you go on their page now there's no ABBb offer or the other one with 2 AS I can't remember what it was.

So something to keep in mind if you were planning on using the ABBb like me.

ReputationRep:
    damn, this was the only reason i was applying. you got any hard evidence of it e.g. email? :awesome:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    http://www.southampton.ac.uk/socsci/.../entryreq.html

The Division has a new head and so there's a shake-up of things. But basically, it's now either AAB or ABBB or AABC or AAAD. Additionally, A-Level Mathematics is now required (as opposed to just AS-Level as before).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .ACS.)
    http://www.southampton.ac.uk/socsci/.../entryreq.html

The Division has a new head and so there's a shake-up of things. But basically, it's now either AAB or ABBB or AABC or AAAD. Additionally, A-Level Mathematics is now required (as opposed to just AS-Level as before).
    I am not sure the change is down to the new HoD. Instead I suspect it was because of changes in demand for places and the qualifications of those applicants.

Any idea how many Southampton econ students there are in the first year now?

ReputationRep:
    What did it change to??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MCYan)
    What did it change to??
    The new offers are in the Southampton link (see above) and are interpreted in the Southampton TAELT entry(see my sig)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paulwhy)
    The new offers are in the Southampton link (see above) and are interpreted in the Southampton TAELT entry(see my sig)
    Thank you
    I am thinking to apply Nottingham,and oh my god,they look for 7 or 8 A*??No way I can show them I have those!
    Does it mean,if I dont have those outstanding GCSEs,I should not waste my one option,to give up for it?? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MCYan)
    Thank you
    I am thinking to apply Nottingham,and oh my god,they look for 7 or 8 A*??No way I can show them I have those!
    Does it mean,if I dont have those outstanding GCSEs,I should not waste my one option,to give up for it?? :confused:
    Research further: that is what they asked for last cycle. But it seems unlikely that they will be asking that high again.

If you want to discuss your particular case in detail best practice would be to start your own thread.

ReputationRep:
    Arghh are you joking. It was meant to be one of my insurances

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paulwhy)
    Research further: that is what they asked for last cycle. But it seems unlikely that they will be asking that high again.

If you want to discuss your particular case in detail best practice would be to start your own thread.
    Yes,I might..
    thank you

ReputationRep:
    Aw... damn bad news!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 10, 2009

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.