Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What are your opinions on the better university as the Times and Guardian rank them differently? [Such as the better renowned, better job prospects, law libraries etc.]

I just need to choose an AAB option, thank you

ReputationRep:
    Kent is AAB now?
    EDIT - Oh so it is, damn it! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know?

ReputationRep:
    I'd go for Exeter.

Depending on the campus, Exeter is not AAB but I'd recommend Exeter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleekchic)
    Depending on the campus, Exeter is not AAB but I'd recommend Exeter.
    On the website it says AAA-AAB for the Exeter Campus? Don't better candidates get the AAB offer?

And also is it possible to enter MC law firms with Exeter? I'm thinking of possibly deferring a year if it comes to only AAB if job prospects are lower..

ReputationRep:
    I'd go for Lancaster tbf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apple24)
    On the website it says AAA-AAB for the Exeter Campus? Don't better candidates get the AAB offer?

And also is it possible to enter MC law firms with Exeter? I'm thinking of possibly deferring a year if it comes to only AAB if job prospects are lower..
    I have a job lined up at Lovells and I am 3rd year Exeter Law student, not quite magic circle but close enough for my liking.

ReputationRep:
    Exeter.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Lancaster's swag.

ReputationRep:
    I'd choose Exeter, despite its higher (AAA) entrance requirements. I go to Exeter College, the university is great, attractive and Exeter is an awesome student city.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paine1)
    I'd choose Exeter, despite its higher (AAA) entrance requirements. I go to Exeter College, the university is great, attractive and Exeter is an awesome student city.
    On the website it says AAA-AAB for the course?

I'm praying they dont give me an AAA offer tbh

ReputationRep:
    As far as I know, it's AAA – though, considering I've not checked the website, you are most probably correct! Assuming you are, it's really subjective and the offer they will make you will be a reflection of your individual application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apple24)
    On the website it says AAA-AAB for the course?

I'm praying they dont give me an AAA offer tbh
    I've also applied to Exeter assuming (stupidly?) that if they give me an offer at all it will be AAB.

I think it might mean they are a bit more lenient when it comes to missing offers. Perhaps if you were offered AAA but missed one, they might not mind as much as a solid AAA no-questions-asked faculty. Who knows?

im applying to exeter too as an insurance, n their website confused the **** outta me too. im planning on ringing them up tomorrow and plan on asking them to state clearly whether they give offers of AAB or AAA!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 12, 2009

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.